Why do you hate this series, Sup Forums?

Why do you hate this series, Sup Forums?

hello newfriend
This series is pretty well liked

It kept anus from making 3.0+1.0

too based for Sup Forums, like Police Story

let them have capeshit and star warsshit

What other giant monster movies should I watch besides Godilla?

Gamera 1990s trilogy

Pulgasari

Everything else that also starred in Godzilla.

daimajin

Heisei Gamera Trilogy and Gamera the Brave. Better than most Godzilla movies. Also check out the original Mothra (1961) and Rodan (1956).

It was worth it. He made the second best Godzilla movie. Besides, people weren't grateful for the Rebuild films anyway. They kept calling him a hack.

Gamera Guardian of the Universe, one of the best

2 and 3 are a lot less great but still great

>Why do you hate this series, Sup Forums?
Nigger I grew up on TBS's annual Godzilla marathon. All hail the king of the monsters. Master of all asses everywhere.

A regular reminder
Original Godzilla > Godzilla VS ___
Original Mothra > ___ VS Mothra

Kaijus such as Mothra and Rodan were best in their original movies and if your first movie is a Versus movie you are not supposed to exist

Rodan is one of Honda's best films and is easily comparable to Gojira (1954).

but godzilla is one of the few things movie related that I'm actually passionate about

I love Godzilla. Have loved Godzilla since I was ten years old.

make way for the greatest Godzilla movie!

>Aliens: Godzilla
no, actual best G film coming through

Why was Gojira black and white but Rodan was colored?

Godzilla is from trauma with atomic bomb
Rodan is fear of Soviet airplanes flying around Japan
Mothra is desire of to colonize pacific island

King Ghidora is usual fantasy flick

>Mothra is desire of to colonize pacific island
Shouldn't it be exploit the pacific islands?

Is anyone in the mood for a Hi-res poster dump?

Starting with my favorite Godzilla movie until the end of time.

As long as you leave your opinions on each movie.

this, if not still dump though

Ok

Pretty good, but I find the human plot to be pretty lame.

ToMG on the other hand is fantastic, and I will never get tired of Mechagodzilla annihilating Tokyo.

10/10 classic. Monster Zero is still my favorite but as far as raw kino goes, this still takes the cake.

Both cuts have their flaws, but I have a soft spot for the humor in the dub. "The... corns..."

Another favorite of mine. I love it when directors actually try to say something in their kaiju films. That being said, I love what Banno was going for but when it comes to directing fight scenes he's a bit sluggish.

What a mess. Shameful sequel to the original.

>waah waah why didn't they remake the show exactly as it was
anime fans are only marginally better than videogame fans

Post zillafu

Eh... not the worst heisei movies but maybe second worst? Battra was cool though.

I like Rodan. And the OST. And this poster.

It's kind of hard to think of stuff to say about the millenium movies. I like the suit designs.

I like Gigan

Mecha King Ghidorah is forever awesome and makes this dumbass movie worthwhile.

heisei movies have godtier posters

See GMK. I've only seen this movie once.

Amazing action, great soundtrack, and somehow the Planet of the Apes thing works. Fantastic.

Yes, they do.

My second favorite Heisei film. Destoroyah is awesome, and I get legit emotional at the end.

Godzilla v Megaguirus was the worst movie of the series

Too boring for children, too stupid for adults, too lifeless for camp value

Boom. A masterpiece. Everything about this movie stands out for me.

>Unique kaiju
>Strong human characters
>A+ special effects
>Memorable OST

Easily in my top 5.

patrician ranking of godzilla movies

1) Gojira
2) Godzilla vs Biolante
3) Godzilla vs Destroyah

This was the first Godzilla move I had ever scene. I thought I was boring when I was 5, and I still think it sucks.

Mah fuckin nigga

Spacegodzilla sucks, by the way.

Spacegodzilla was a retarded movie
If theyre going to go with such a stupid concept, they should have committed to being stupid and exciting
Instead it had a bizarrely slow pace

One of the best films in the franchise. The production value is respectable, the characters are interesting (I'm rather fond of Ken, Dr. Yano, and Miki), and Banno's direction is unique in general. One of the most inspired efforts at editing and cinematography of this group of films. And it's a fairly cynical film, taking jabs at the youth revolution of the time and the authorities. Although it shows that liberalism taken too far is reckless and ultimately a road to destruction. Godzilla gets a surprisingly large amount of screen time and, contrary to popular opinion, I think the score really works here. Hedorah is convincingly menacing invention. Yes, the flight scene is a little shoddy, though it is an amusing moment that does not ruin the film.

Not hi-res, but I just want to say that this movie was incredible and EXACTLY what I wanted out of a Godzilla movie in 2016.

>Godzilla vs Destroyah
the awful taste in this fandom

I agree 100%. So much of the culture of Japan at that time is reflected in the movie. Tell me that first shot of Godzilla rising in front of the setting sun is anything other than beautiful. The juxtaposition of the Hedorah cartoons to the horrible decaying corpses left after its rampages was sublime.

When I was a kid, I used to check out a book out of this shitty little library that was all about Godzilla and how the film was made and it had the names of all the actors and behind-the-scenes pictures of the suit and shit. It was great. I checked it out at least once a month.

I had every Godzilla movie I could find on VHS and wore them out.

Simpler times. I have all the Godzilla movies on my hard drive, but never watch them these days. Kinda sad, getting older. Just can't sit through them like I used to, maybe it's because I watched them all so many times.

It's a great poster though

This one?

My top favs...
> GvsBio = Gam 3 > Gam 2 > GMK > G85 > GvsKG = GvsDestroyer = GvsMechaG93

>>

Ugh

Look at you

bretty good list

Care to elaborate further on your reasons for liking this movie?

The whole fandom is shit for the most part.

What's wrong with the fandom?

Is godzilla a virgin?

Sorry but the effects were inexcusably bad in this one

I'd add Final Wars under Flawed Yet Respectable. I don't know how anyone can not enjoy that movie, it's so fucking ridiculous and fun.

The Godzilla suit and miniatures are great though. Shame about the Kong suit, but it's mostly solid.

I don't hate Godzilla.
I love Godzilla

>Godzilla
>Godzilla vs The Smog Monster
>Godzilla: Final Wars
>Shin Godzilla

All legit Kino films.

Ok

War of the Gargantuas

>implying Zilla isn't better than all of Rebuild so far

GMK best godzilla

>edgelord Godzilla
>good
Give me the cat Godzilla from Final Wars any day.

A truth sayer appears

>He also stated that Hedorah's vertically tilted eyes were based on vaginas, which he considered "scary".

I watched Shin Godzilla and loved it. Where should I go from there?

the 1954 film

To the sink to pour yourself a tall glass of bleach.

I love Godzilla, user. Why wouldn't I?

1990s Gamera trilogy is essential

Gigan was always my favourite Godzilla bad guy

I agree 100% with this. Only films I'd add are Rodan to the top and Godzilla vs Gigan to the bottom.

I think Burning Godzilla and Destoroyah are spectacular designs, Ifukube's score is great, and I like the sense of finality in the film.

which films would make the 'avoid at all costs' column?

All Monsters Attack

Godzilla Raids Again
Godzilla vs Megaguirus
Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla
Varan the Unbelieveable
Mothra 2

pic related is one of my fav campy godzilla movies

The dubbed version is hysterical.

I actually enjoy Ichiro's personal drama. Namely his parents having to neglect him due to an unfriendly industry in order to provide a decent living. It's actually some of the most touching and interesting drama of all Godzilla movies. Too bad about the stock footage though.

This is my favorite one. The time travel plot is hilarious.

I would probably like this one more if the idea of Spacegodzilla wasn't so dumb. If it was Gigan instead it would be much more enjoyable. I also just love Gigan and I wish he was in more movies.

>obvious blue screen effects
>noticeable switching between real and artificial octopus
>Terrible stock motion and miniature monster effects
>Kong's face, literal dog fur haphazardly attached to his Halloween-tier suit, and ever changing size of his arms

>Why do you hate this series, Sup Forums?
The amateurish acting and storytelling mostly.
Even the original, which is supposed to be a serious film suffers from these problems.

I love the Godzilla series (in general). Favorites are 2000, Terror of MechaG, Againast MechaG, and the original. Gamera Trilogy + Gamera the Brave are great too.

>amateurish acting
The acting in the original Godzilla is perfectly. There's no glaring flaws at least. The two romantic leads are the weakest of the bunch and they still deliver fine performances. Director Ichiro Honda is talented and underrated. He was also best friends with Akira Kurosawa and helped him direct his last several films. Godzilla and Seven Samurai were in production at the same time and studio.

>storytelling
What's wrong with this in the original movie?

dont mind me, just being the GOAT godzilla film