Every episode has action

>every episode has action
>several extended fight sequences throughout where Frank kills tons of people
>Sup Forums still says it's boring and has no action because it has a narrative rather than Frank just mindlessly slaughtering minorities the whole time
I love this fucking place.

If they would have given 5 minutes for Frank to kill some criminals/gangsters at the end of each episode it would have satisfied everyone

If you only watch the Frank parts and skip everything else its alright

shoot image for ants hangon

People were just mad there wasn't any Mafia killing or shit besides the beginning.

Sup Forums is a shit board, into the trash it goes.

This

My biggest complaint.

I don't care about the people Frank is killing.

He killed some soldiers out in the woods. Big deal, we had no footage of them being murderous assholes so I actually felt kinda bad for them.
Same thing with the mafia guys.

Thats why when he killed the Pawn Shop owner in Daredevil it felt so good. We knew why he had to die.

Show him gunning down crowds of drug dealers, gangsters and sex traffickers.

We really need Ennis involved.

im a big guy for you

Forgive me for not wanting to watch 45 minutes of people talking on a show about an anti-hero famous for brutally killing people.

>We really need Ennis involved

this

>Forgive me
im going to pass on that and call you a needy faggot

If you can see that ANVIL were bad dudes then you're not fucking looking.

Truth be told, I wouldn't even know this was a 'superhero' show if they didn't stamp 'Marvel' over the title card. The show has great acting, cinematography, and writing most of the time. It has great attention to detail which makes me like it even more because I know the director cares. It showcases a lot of the issues real-life veterans deal with and how they interact with each other. I never read the comics, but to shit on something because it's not a direct adaptation instead of judging it based on its own merits is ridiculous.

*can't see.
I mean, episode 7 clearly demonstrates his intent when going against ACTUAL soldiers. ANVIL were mercenaries that kill American citizens.

Sup Forums didnt like banshee because because most of them are numale 90s born queers who would rather watch how i met your mother

I think agent curry had more screen time than castle did.

I think the show intentionally want you to feel sort of bad for most of the people who get PUNISHED. The techie is often times reluctant to assist Frank in his mission because he knows people are going to get hurt. There's even dialogue where Frank shows remorse for harming or killing people who are just doing their jobs. It makes the story a little more complicated.

>just mindless action and violence
>no substance what so ever
It's like watching Transformers

The show not being what you expected isn't a valid criticism. If if was mostly Frank running around slaughtering people, it would have just been more of the same cape shit with a twist.

>I think the show intentionally want you to feel sort of bad for most of the people who get PUNISHED
wut? who are you supposed to feel bad for that frank goes up against? maybe lewis but frank doesn't even take out lewis really.

>wut?
Kill yourself

do it for me faget

An example would be that soldier who he tries to let get away because he knows, in the guy's mind, he's only trying to protect his country. The show plays a little with the public's perception of 'the bad guys'. It's in the same vein of the mentally ill vet who kills the peace-time vet. We know what the kid is morally reprehensible, but we feel bad for him because we know he was damaged by the nation he was proud to serve.

Why do guys born in the 90s like imitating niggers so much?

He doesn't even kill that soldier though, he kneecaps him.

okay. I just don't consider either of those characters to have been "punished" by frank, first soldier forced franks hand and just gets injured, and lewis blew himself up

Yeah, but he still hurts him in a real way. The legs are full of arteries, and there's no way to be sure what he did wouldn't kill him. Even if he did survive, he'd be crippled for life.

You're right, and Batman should stop hitting and slamming people so hard. Give me a fucking break.

Also forgot to mention that an injury like that would have gotten him a medical discharge. He'd get disability, but he would have never been fully functional again. The show is attentive to military culture, and it showcases that a lot of people can't function in the real world after serving in the military. It's cliche to say, but the military is a lifestyle. I separated along with a guy who was being dismissed from service, and he ended up hanging himself two months later.

The show isn't traditional cape shit, user. Hell, it's a meme at this point that half of what Batman does kills people.

This is the same universe where ninjas come back from the dead, Tony Stark has a fusion-powered robot heart, and there is a talking racoon/walking tree duo that pal around on a spaceship. Im sure the soldier is fine, friendo

Yeah who would tune into the Punisher wanting or expecting that?

just go watch john wick if you want stylized violence nonstop. The director chose well to place the action where it needed to be rather than shoehorning in a huge frucking fight that lasts an entire episode because the punisher hasn't killed some one in 15 mins. Capeshitters are like hitler wanting poland, we could easily give them what they want but it'll ruin it for poland

If you ask me Rawlins and Russo might as well have been gangsters. They even started with smuggling heroin and killing witnesses. They'fe just a crime syndicate.

>a lot of people can't function in the real world after serving in the military

those are the same people that if they never joined would have fucked up in civilian life anyways. some people just have a harder time dealing with life, it may sound crass, but they just suck at life. that's not even going into people with real issues of ptsd or physical limitations. that's just people who can't figure out how to do things without constantly being told or people who can't figure out how to transfer abilities to a regular civilian job.

You are an easily impressed pleb
This show is weak

No, you're right for sure. Some people need to be told what to do, and the military is the perfect place for that.

Do you have any real criticism about this show? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but most of the criticism is over how dissimilar it is to the comic or how it's not a constant bloodbath.

a militantly competent criminal syndicate!
which i think is a bigger threat to frank than just feeling completely un-guilty about mowing down hordes of asshole mobsters.
the first kills at the beginning showed it was way easier for him to kill bikers and cartel members, the mobsters he killed at the poker game where ZERO threat to him. but he struggled a shit ton with these military guys because they where at his level and there was constantly innocents mixed in that kept fucking him up. this way the stakes where much higher.

it would also be hard to get a full 13 episodes of non stop violence.
>people might say well then make the season shorter
well that sucks for everyone involved, actors/crew/director/writers get payed less, the director and writers don't get to tell their story but just mindless gore fest. and the critics would pan the show as pointless and excessive. it was the smart move for a longer life span on this show. netflix and marvel probably want this to last a few seasons not just 9 episodes and be done forever but it pleased the tiny group of retards who only want violence.

i do think there's room for more punisher in the punisher show, but it was also pretty damn decent.

yup yup

Netflix is making me a little Sup Forums with this first episode. Does the show use more restraint later on or not?

Yeah. The show throttles back on the body count.

>Netflix is making me a little Sup Forums
You're learning to actually think?

I'm talking about hamfisted "social commentary". What are you talking about?

The whole plot of the first season is "Shadow government who kills indiscriminately gets taken down by a good guy with a gun". They even make the anti gun senator a giant pussy

>Frank just mindlessly slaughtering minorities the whole time
this would be such a better show I'd rather this with a 20min per episode runtime

I assume you meant the whole 'kill three armed guys at once' thing. I didn't notice any inordinate amount of social commentary. If you're talking about the Mexican, you don't see him again.

>some actual proper discussion about the series' pros/cons

Glad I ignored the initial screaming of "muh gratuitous gun violence" and "muh ess-jay -double-(you)" spiel on both sides.

Just finished. Overall good but flawed. I loved the Frank and Billy parts. Should have put more focus on them instead.

It's about as good as DD season 2.

jigsaw is probably going to be the big bad s2

As usual Netflix stretches a marvel series too long with 13 episodes. I know their weird market research probably told them it's the optimum binge amount but they could have tightened up some of the plot lines a bit. Overall good and I feel