Alien Covenant?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/THR/status/926135786763726849
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was Prometheus 2 when it should have been Aliens 2.

Ruined the Xenomorph universe completely

How?

Ridley Scott
Apology for Promtheus
Success of Marvel requires every franchise to have an expanded Universe
No interesting characters besides David
Ridiculously fast pace
Sophomoric horror

Ridley Scott hates xenomorphs and just wants to make movies about androids.

twitter.com/THR/status/926135786763726849

>Aliens 2
>Alien 2 2

Derivative garbage. Ridley should've continued the Prometheus storyline more directly. There were some amazingly ambitious questions to answer in a proper sequel.

Ridley just remakes the same movie over and over again

>crew in spaceship
>find planet
>land and investigate
>find huge ship
>someone gets infected with ayylmao and brings it back on board their ship
>chaos ensues
>robotman goes all evil
>woman kills the alien
>.... or does she? hue hue

That's Alien 1/2/Covenant and Prometheus. It's the same movie just different actors.

Alienses

I actually think he's messing around with the idea of androids is far more interesting than the Alien stuff, but he made this an Alien movie. If he wanted to focus almost completely on androids, he should've not gone with the franchise for this outing.

Everything. Prometheus is a great film. This was a retarded attempt at giving all the brainlets who hated that Aliens 2. All the new characters were shit. The stuff with the Xenomorph at the end felt incredibly tacked on, like a last minute reshoot that didn't even belong as part of the same movie. Awful exposition and just a stupid explanation for how Xenomorphs were made by David. Fassbender went too hammy. No Shaw. I once believed the origins of these creatures was a worthwhile thing to explore, but now I'd rather just pretend they're a naturally occurring species of evil bug monsters and leave it at that.

>mysterious scary killer lifeforms with unknown origins
>dude they were created by a wacky android a few years before the first movie in a basement by mixing some black goo with mushrooms lmao!

The movie changed the Xenomorph from something originating from an entirely alien standpoint to a lab experiment conducted by a human looking robot that chronologically makes no sense whatsoever since Ripley and company found 2 ancient crashed spacecraft on plants David didn't go to that had xeno eggs, which conversely makes David and his quest at creation equally pointless and nonsensical since he doesn't actually create anything unique or original in any way because the xenomorph already existed thereby making David a copycat and a charlatan.

Ridley Scott essentially destroyed literally every single thing that made Alien what it was while simultaneously rendering his new movies equally pointless.!

No mystery, the idea of the aliens coming from some odd alien world is gone. They are a byproduct of a bioweapon that's much more lethal than they are.

he didn't make Aliens, James Cameron did

>dude
>lmao!
t.brainlet

It's actually the complete opposite. He wanted Prometheus 2 but the studio basically said "we need some alien action like in the original movie" so he was forced to include that, which is why it felt tacked on because it was.

Aliens is bad and ruined what made the original great tho

Furthermore the suggestion that David somehow recreated an organism exactly the same as an ancient one by haphazardly infecting people with alien cum means that the xenomorph isn't even special, since apparently anyone anywhere can make one anytime from literally anything.

The Aliens movies are fucking ruined for me now, the mystery behind them is gone. I can’t watch any of the old Aliens movies without thinking about David tip toeing around barefooted with a flute.

Yeah I don't get why people constantly praise aliens. Its just bad thing after bad thing after bad thing. Its ok but would never say it is the best alien movie.

1) Ridley is a hack and keeps shoehorning in his "what does it mean to be alive???" crap that he's been pulling since Blade Runner
2) trying to create an abortion of a movie that can't decide whether it's a sequel to prometheus or a prequel to alien.
3) terrible pacing
4) literally zero interesting characters. Or having any characterization at all for any of them beyond "lmao you're the guy with the faith!"

ok, just alien, alien covenant and prometheus then.

This also makes no sense because unless David decided to track down and find every crashed Engineer craft and then go inside and fill it with xenomorph eggs for no reason, then it wasn't his creation and he isn't even a mad scientist, he's just a kid in a sandbox. Unless Scott actually wants to imply that David tracked down lost craft abandoned for millennia and put eggs in there he didn't have and where no one was for no reason.

Would be cool to see him make someting about necromancy

>implying lindelof had even a slightest clue how to answer the questions he brought up

>Prometheus
>WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T THEY ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS

>Alien Covenant
>WHY THE FUCK DID THEY ANSWER THE QUESTIONS

whats in the box ?
another box of course, but smaller and shiny.

that's the Lindelof school of filmmaking

Thank god he decided to commit sudoku using the Alien franchise as a sacrificial lamb, rather than instead choosing to direct BR2049 and ruin that franchise too.

a cute

like prometheus, the best part of both movies were the androids. does anyone else want a fully fleshed out movie dedicated to the androids of Weyland-Yutani?

He was never going to get Blade Runner again. His disagreements with the production team, and Ford himself meant that unless he replaced everyone he'd never get to make it, Ford only came back because they offered him a part he actually wanted and did Deckard how he wanted, not how Scott wanted. That's part of why it took 35 years to make, Scott basically alienated everyone else involved with it.

Yup. Same school of filmmaking as JewJew Abrams. It's the fundamental problem with taking these TV writes, who overly on mysteries and cliff-hangers as a way to keep the audience intrigued to watch the next episode. And that can work (at least to start) in TV series. But it just doesn't fucking work in movies. I want each movie I watch to be a complete piece of narrative. Even if a movie is in a franchise or trilogy, it should still be able to stand up on its own and not just be half a plot with a bunch of plot holes hand-waved with "dude lmao it's a mystery tune in next time"

Sounds plausible to me. Ridley comes off as the sort of guy who's totally full of himself and sees himself as a god among peasants. "my vision is perfect and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and an idiot".

I blame the writers room
I want my movie written by pervertedc, alcoholic beast of men, chain smoking over the typewriter and delving deep into what it means to be human, not 12 graduates from Yales school of creative writing hashing out ideas over soy lattes

It was, Ford and Scott never agreed on their interpretations of Blade Runner. Ford always interpreted the original story as how it should be, Scott somehow convinced himself that Deckard is a replicant in the story. Unlike most of his roles Ford actually cared about Blade Runner a lot, so he refused to come back unless it was the movie he wanted. You can see the affection he has for it just in interviews, compared to his attitude about Star Wars you can see which he actually treasured. The fact that he never let Scott bully him into a role he didn't like for the character is something Ford deserves a lot of credit for.

>hey guys, i know we are a highly professional colony ship crew. though I think we should abandon our mission to follow a signal to an uncharted planet.

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief once or even twice for even stuff like this. But the issue is that there are SO MANY instances of the characters doing inexplicably retarded things again and again and again that it is quite literally impossible to watch this movie while keeping your suspension of disbelief intact unless you're retarded or in a coma.

Not only that but

> I know by dropping this close to the storm we’re compromising the ship and the 2,000 souls and embryos aboard but damn it 6 of our crew are down there!

Everything.

>uncharted planet
>have android
>land on planet and not wear space suits

>implying david doesn't become the space jockey

That's true, Lindelof is the master of proposing complex questions without executing elegant solutions. You think Alex Garland (Ex Machina, Annihilation) could be a great guy to continue the Alien franchise?

>this android that led us here is obviously up to some shady shit and I have no reason to trust him
>so instead of just shooting him and getting the fuck out, I'll follow him into this dark room, stand over this weird egg looking object, and stare directly down at it waiting for something to happen

It didn't even have to be an alien, it could have just been a fucking bomb or something. Still stupid to get near it.

Actually, the egg thing didn't make sense in the first movie, either. Human beings are instinctively afraid of sticking their faces near holes when they don't know what might be inside. No sane person would act like that when it's a clearly alien object.

fans of prometheus wanted to see what happened next for Shaw and her robot-headed buddy, not to see...this. And fans of alien did not want to see this garbage plot either, they wanted a mystery. this movie is utterly baffling.

>on a mission to a set planet that you know will be habitable
>fuck it, this planet we know nothing about is closer
>don't use android buddy to scout it out
>land with all but like two crew members just to check things out
>no helmets
>no biohazard/safety protocols
>"let's split up and search for clues"
>that entire fucking scene in the space shuttle where the girl slips on the bloody floor not once but TWICE
>accidentally blows up space shuttle with small arms fire because apparently your exploration probe ship is filled with barrels of gunpowder
>captain looking into the disgusting vagina egg thing just because David tells him to, even after David reveals all the fucked up experiments he's been doing
>not checking whether the android at the end is Walter or David

It's because of the meme status it achieved being an 80's action movie. That's all it is. So redditors praise it because "haha im so nerdy i love 80's." Alien and Terminator are both better than their sequels.

his brain

Your logic isn't even internally consistent. Terminator IS an 80s action movie. The sequel is from the 90s.

You're right that T1 is superior

>I loved Elizabeth
>I killed her after she rebuilt me

Also this annoying fag

shut your mouth she's the best thing in the movie

fag

She looks like a tard and can't act

t. homos

t. soyboy

are you blind? She looks dumpy as fuck and that disgusting mushroomy bowl cut isn't doing her any favors.

t. low test who probably looks more like a girl than she does

go jerk off to a photoshopped slut then, tasteless fag

t. soyboy
pic related. it's you.

LMAO
this is seriously what you look like though

James Franco was an android all along

This is pure projection. You're either a dumpy-looking roastie or your GF is a dumpy-looking roastie

>wow that prometheus wasn't too great but I'm looking forward to seeing the Space Jockey homeworld!

>to follow a signal to an uncharted planet.
To be fair, in maritime tradition you have a moral and legal responsibility to respond to a distress call unless doing so would put your ship and crew at risk.
That's even the final argument to go and check out the signal if I remember right, the guy says "That's a human out there."
The absolutely retarded avalanche of bad decisions that comes after that is another story entirely. Also why the fuck was there no brief orbital survey of the planet before setting down. One that would have shown a massive abandoned city with a huge floating space dock, and the wrecked prometheus ship.
Something that would have indicated "Maybe we shouldn't send down EVERYONE.
It also bugged the shit out of me that there's no redundancy with the orbital shuttle. It's the opposite of the problem with Aliens, where they have multiple drop ships, but send down the only people able to pilot them on the first flight instead of having one pilot stay behind on the Sulaco JUST IN CASE LITERALLY ANYTHING HAPPENS!