Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qG2teHAFmKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Like capeshit, but better in every way possible

literal maskino

Certified Kino.

Thiccer Cameron Diaz is best Diaz.

Jim deserved every penny.

There hasn't been a better slapstick comedy post-Chaplin-Keaton era.

I honestly can't understand why grown adults love superhero movies so god damn much.

They're mindless dribble. (There are always exceptions to the rule, nolans batman, raimi Spider-Man 1 & 2, and iron man 1)

>yfw The Mask, Dumb & Dumber and Ace Ventura all came out in 1994

>So did Lion King, Forrest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, and Pulp Fiction
Why was 1994 such a GOAT year in film?

>dribble

SSSSSMOKIN

THEY CALL ME

Well maybe it's because we live in a culture of mindless dribble?

DARK CHILD

this entire post, this is how you should do a comic book movie but sterilze it to the point where it can still be enjoy by the mass and still retains something from the source material.

also the animated series is pure fucking kino, I will literally fight you IRL if you say otherwise.

I hate smoking sections, unless we're talking about the Mask starring Jim carrey. Then it's my favorite part!

you should read the comic.

No film has the same tone. It's hard to describe. Sorta like Cuphead. Like Dick Tracy but less stuffy. That still doesn't do it. It feels possessed.
The Mask is rarely talked about. Carrey's performance overpowered any memory of it. In the 90s, a Dark Horse comic making $100 million was pure autism. I guess Dick Tracy on Ritalin is the best I can do.

Great movies have charm. The Mask is literally two hours of it.

It's the best comic book movie ever made, which is all the more impressive considering how much tamer it is than its source.

That's your nostalgia talking, senpai'

It has 90's hot as fuck Cameron Diaz.

It's kino.

Good movie but it kinda killed the comic and the chance of a comic faithful movie.

It's not just great, it's great all the way through. Nonstop laughs and only gets better with each scene. Not a dull moment

Peanut Arbuckle

Name an existing movie that'd be similar to the "faithful" Mask you envision? And what you change exactly? Story beats, or tone and SFX?

Kino. It spawned kino animated series that are, pretty much, staple of the 90-ies childhood together with Dex Lab and similar cartoons. And that is considering the comic book.

Not that guy, but there's a pretty obvious difference between that image he posted and the Jim Carrey version. I imagine a more faithful movie version would probably come out a lot like Deadpool, though I personally would hope for something more of a horror vibe from it (which is what Carrey's version was supposed to be until he got cast in it. The director is the same guy who did Nightmare on Elm Street 3, after all.) Stanley Ipkiss wasn't even the main focus of the comic version; he dies pretty early on. The Mask itself is the lead character.

It was fun when I was a kid. But last time I watched it I was upset because he's overpowered. He's like a living God, and therefor all tension in the movie is removed since he can just cartoon his way out of anything.

The first movie i ever saw twice in the cinema

Are you fucking retarded cunt?

it's not a faithful adaption, but it's a great one. the violence was pretty good for the time. not as extreme as the comic but they didn't make the bad guys cartoony.

I'm still left wondering what the actual Jim Carrey Mask 2 would've been like.

In today's environment, it's probably better left unexplored

youtube.com/watch?v=qG2teHAFmKI
Did you just watch this, OP?