JURASSIC WORLD 2 HYPE

ANTI-FEATHERFAGS BTFO

Instead of the SuperDuperSaurus from the first one now they have the fucking Peacock Rex?

Wow, these genius writers are sure to help Hollywood fill the theaters again.

looks like a fucking pokemon.

plenty of real dinosaurs still not used in these films

pftahahahahahaha sdood just stick turkey feathers fromthanksgiving in 2 days on top of the raptors head even thobwe fuked the designs and now our dinos look like sum scifi tchannel thing

WHY IZ DINOSOR FLUF?

*inhales*
OH NO NO NO NO

How many more times can people attempt to open a park and things go wrong before they decide to stop attempting it?

Nope.

Nixon, Carter, GWB, Drumpf

How many more times can people attempt to not vote Democrat and things go wrong before they decide to stop attempting it?

>plenty of real dinosaurs
>real dinosaurs

Certain species of dinosaurs likely had something akin to feathers, aka 'protofeathers' that is the evolutionary forefather of feathers. They likely didn't look like chickens and the feathers likely didn't look like todays feathers. They could have been spines, like the bony part of feather without the soft part

Also the vast majority of dinosaurs definitely did not have feathers. T-Rex didn't have feathers. Maybe proto-feathers when young. No herbivores had feathers.

Dinosaurs never existed.

>Feathers only on head

Inaccurate. Either go full feathers or no feathers at all

this desu

time for bed kid

you know what I mean, buddy.
although are you referring to dinosaurs being 80% interpretation and we genuinely have never had enough information to actually understand what they looked like?

The reality is, we will never truly know with accuracy what the vast majority of these species looked like. Portray them however you like, to a certain degree.

We don't know for sure but we can make very good guesses by analyzing what certain descedants and other modern animals look like. There's also imprints in fossils but these are quite rare and fragile and usually don't give us the whole picture

As we always have to bring up in these threads, the dinosaurs depicted in the movie are not real dinosaurs, they are genetic creations made to appeal to mass audiences. At the time of the first Jurassic Park most people didn't know (some) dinosaurs had feathers and wouldn't have wanted to see them with feathers. Modern audiences accept it and want "realistic" dinosaurs that still don't look stupid so it makes sense that they design raptors with feathers just on their head.

I don't know why they don't just make dragons at this point. People would pay to see that and it theoretically has some military application.

Damn. Wish this was real.

Here's a fun fact, using some numbers based on how many species exist on Earth today, we comparatively only have evidence/fossils of 1% of the estimated amount of species that ever lived

Imagine all the cool shit we just don't know existed

>I don't know why they don't just make dragons at this point. People would pay to see that and it theoretically has some military application.
>Entire point of JW was creating a new more powerful species obviously will only end in catastrophe
>'Let's do that again, but let it fly and breathe fire'
Fucking splendid idea

They should make a big list of all the estimated species then, cross out the ones we know about and circle the ones we dont

The majority of the unknown ones would just be insects and various types of boring invertebrates.

Who cares about these 6ft turkeys. I'm here for the Mommy pictures.

I'm not saying it's not retarded, but JW itself was fucking stupid and the new dinosaur they made was just as nonsensical as a dragon so why not? People would actually be more likely to pay for a dragon over an invisible dinosaur, and flying is more advantageous than said invisibility.

Don't forget transitional species. Still, we don't know about 99% of the creatures who ever lived. There's room in there for more than a few large vertebrate animals...

Some theropods had feathers just like birds.

I think you're asking two questions here, one being why wouldn't they do it in universe, and the other being why wouldn't the filmmakers do it. And I think the answer to both questions would be 'Because it's a whole new level of fucking stupid'.

>T-Rex didn't have feathers.
Horseshit. Every single fossil from Mongolia shows tyrannosaurs with feathers. Of the emu-peacock variety.

>No herbivores had feathers.

Several ornithischians did, user

Carter was is a democrat...

you're no fun

the best part is how 90's nostalgiafags will pretend this doesn't look badass as fuck