Titans #9 Storytime

Made in Manhattan part two!

Hips for days.

This was the originally solicited cover for #3.

Garth is best boy

Fuck's sake Gar! You can't solve all your problems by punching.

Ass

I'm thinking about dropping titans the art is just to bad

I like the art and the designs tbhwy

Next:
>“Made in Manhattan” finale! While Wally and Dick are trapped inside Meta Solutions with the raging Mammoth, Psimon reveals that his employers have big plans for Bumblebee! Can the rest of the Titans rally before the Fearsome Five unleash hell on New York City?

Hello HIVE

Thsnk you user.

Cool

> You feel like being Brave and Bold?

Goddammit, don't tease me like that. I'm still bitter that Wally/Dick team up book was a fake rumor.

He vibrated through that door without blowing it up.

I guess I will miss that humor. :(

"A high-grade psyker"

Abnett letting his 40k vocabulary slip in.

Wally got over accidentally blowing stuff up during Johns' run anyhow.

>Wally getting hit by Mammoth

The Flash, king of jobbers.

Oh man, for a moment I thought Mammoth was grabbing Nightwing by the dick

>you people
What do you mean "you people?"

What do YOU mean you people?

>At this kind of OP

You chuckle fucks didn't even know each other two months ago and now you have mission specialties.

fuck this handwaving bullshit

bring back Gnarrk

Wally literally rekindled their old memories of working as a team and as the Teen Titans, dude. That was the entire point of the Titans Rebirth special.

>handwaving bullshit

The fucking Teen Titans existing is hardly a handwave. Making them not exist in the first place was the bullshit.

>KAREN!!!
>Waves hands in the air
This is idiotic.

Didn't expect a Titans storytime this early.

Kek

>The Flash, king of jobbers.
I'm sorry, I can't hear behind the voices in my HEAAAAAAAAAAUUUGGHH!!!

Damn Roy needs to shave

The art is so bad. Why are we stuck with Booth.

think brother blood will show up down the line?
always thought he was one of the better bad guys they ever fought.

He's basically the only major Wally fan besides Johns at the office so he gets dibs on Wally.

Same reason he was on the main Flash book when "Wally" came back as a 12 year old hood rat. He heard Wally was coming back and fought to get on that book.

Why does Booth insist on giving Nightwing that weird belt thing? That's not the fucking design! Stop fucking trying to change it.

Such a shame, this would be a fine book if did interiors

Isn't from the redesign he did of New 52 Nightwing?

Does anyone actually care about the Fearsome Five? Or Bumblebee?

What a letdown this book has become.

He's gotta break up all that black.

I was hoping for Bumblebee and Mal to show up when the book launched

I want her to Break up with Mal and date Garth.

Oh c'mon. Psymon was explaining everything pretty fine and the chick just ran away

I'm glad we get Dick and Wally hanging out. But Roy and Dick are when?

Dick and Kori beat up some Church of Blood mooks in Nightwing #15, the ground work for a story is there.

>But Roy and Dick are when?
This Please

Booth's utterly incompetent art is really souring my enjoyment of this. I want to like Wally being back, I want to like the Titans being a big fucking happy superfamily, but it's just so goddamn UGLY.

Do people care about Dick and Roy? Dont most see Roy as Jaosns pal?

Dick and Roy have a five decades long friendship, Jason and Roy have like five years.

Dick and Roy have loads of history together and a lot more interaction than Dick and Wally and Jason and Roy

>Dont most see Roy as Jaosns pal?
That never worked for me, Dick and Roy have a lot history and a lot more in common including daddy issues

Yeah, but does Abnett care about that. I see him pushing Dick and Wally over Dick and Roy.

Why does Booth feel the need to draw every panel in rectangles like that? Otherwise a good issue and am glad this story is ending so quickly.

god I wish this was the interior artist

oh shit. is this going to tie back in with Gotham and Gotham Girl?

Dick, right now would be a GREAT time to share that you're going out with a reformed villain.

> Implying that Abnett cares about Nightwing's solo

Actually maybe this happens before that

yes and yes. bye.

That may be the case, but the solo has gotten better since he went to Bludhaven, and he was shown a couple of issues back to have been with his girl for a seemingly long amount of time.

Well I'm glad for you despite your incredibly boring tastes.

The fuck are you talking about. Bludhaven is actaully weaker than what came before. Its not bad, but the Raptor shit was great. Also at least Wally knows about the new girl.

The book has been a letdown since the Rebirth special. Very sad!

I disagree with that. Bludhaven is worse than Raptor, but anyway.This has always been a problem with solos and team books working together.

They had a chance to skyrocket this book in sales and popularity by tying it into the overarching Rebirth theme. Instead it looks like it'll be a year of nothing while they feed the Watchmen storyline into Flash and Batman, the already two most popular solos in the company.

It's mind boggling. Why push down your weaker books to promote books that are already selling? It's also horseshit narratively that Wally's not even slightly involved in the Rebirth plot anymore. Superman, Batman, JL, and Flash are the only ones that matter.

The best way to get people excited about the Rebirth story is for it to be in books they want to read. Titans has been marked as nostalgia-bait since the Rebirth special. They aren't going to rock the boat by adding in universe altering mysteries.

People will read where that stupid button and the word Watchmen show up.

Titans had one of the best #1s in sales specifically because everyone thought it was going to directly carry over the rebirth plot. It didn't so the numbers dropped to mediocrity.

They had a shot. You don't make other top books without trying to give them something to get a larger audience interested. Resigning yourself to "Well Batman's the only book that will ever sell so put everything important in Batman" then you're just ensuring a slow degeneration for everything else.

>Titans had one of the best #1s in sales

It didn't though.

I don't see them giving Abnett the keys to the DCU mystery machine. They're going to have top guys on that stuff

I'm just glad Garth got speaking lines in this issue.

When a no name book debuts at +100k then that says something.

2 months prior a Titans #1 wouldn't have gotten 30k.

If your point is that they wouldn't trust Abnett with the keys then you could put a better writer on it. This is an editorial criticism about them tripling down on already successful books instead of trying to put good talent and public interest into other books.

Titans is a sticking point because it was obviously the most sensible choice. DCU Rebirth is the best capeshit DC's put out in years and the starring character has done absolutely nothing since it happened. Just rotted away in a D+, third rate team book.

Deathstroke is more relevant and promoted. Good as that series has been it's still insane to say that.

No one book was ever going to be about the Rebirth mystery especially Titans.

Deathstroke is a great book but it's no more relevant to the DCU than any other. Most people who are fans of Titans wouldn't want Priest writing the book. Priest gave an interview earlier this year where he talked about wanting to write a grounded super-team book focused on the consequences of that heroism. Titans fans don't want that. They want super friends eating pizza and drinking pop. This team exists for no reason except fans wanting this group to hang out together.

Watch him!

>No one book was ever going to be about the Rebirth mystery especially Titans.

Yes, I know that's how it is and how the company operates. That's why it's a criticism. I'm not trying to state a fact of the world.

Why do you think what I said meant "PRIEST SHOULD WRITE TITANS"? You're just talking about way different things from what I am. The only thing I said was, if Abnett as a writer is the reason why they wouldn't put any Rebirth stuff in Titans, then they could've just put a better, more suited writer on the book to handle that material.

I mean fuck they're trusting it with Hitch, Williamson and Jurgens, Is Abnett even that bad?

>"PRIEST SHOULD WRITE TITANS"

Didn't say you did. But Priest writes good comics and he could manage to make Titans relevant beyond their involvement/non-inolvement in any Rebirth shenanigans.

>Hitch, Williamson and Jurgens
Hitch is on JL he hasn't done anything with Rebirth and the book has been drek but this arc looks entertaining at least. Williamson is a new stud so he gets to put his stamp on the DCU. Jurgens has been writing the pre-Flashpoint Supes in a post-Flashpoint world since Convergence so of course he was going to get a piece of the big plot.

Abnett is mediocre and doesn't have a large following so he gets to drag Aquaman to the depths and churn out Titans for two years.

Maybe I'm mixing this up with the cartoon version, but wasn't Jinx a magic user, not a meta?

Did this only come out in the US today?

My LCS didn't have it (despite it being on my pull) and all the UK online stores are saying next week. Just curious

They are literally doing an arc about mass time editing right now. And you know Rebirth is going to run through JL the same way every big event does.

Williamson is not a stud. He's decidedly mediocre.

And Jurgens is the epitome of a washed out mediocre writer.

Like if you think Abnett being mediocre is the problem then most of the guys writing the Rebirth involved stuff shouldn't be getting their hands on it.

She's angry that they told her the truth?

Garth just likes punching things and is thankful for this opportunity to do so.

>dem hips
me likey. Donna is still best girl though.

He's a piece of cardboard

He's not very good at panel layering.
He is not good at focussing and clearing action stuff, either.

Otherwise, I'm ok. His art is a bit too old dated for most people, but I personally don't mind. A more defined and vibrant color could help it.