IGN top 100 cartoons

>IGN top 100 cartoons
>SMTAS is 84
>SM&HAF is 59
How's it possible Sup Forums?
What could "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" possibly have to even rival, let alone be better than "Spider-Man: The Animated Series"?
The latter had great character designs, over-arching story arcs, character development, comic book story arcs adaptations better than story arcs themselves (Clone Saga and Birth of Venom) and action that was pretty tame but still enjoyable.
The former had... umm... ummm???

Memes?

Why the fuck you reading shitty IGN clickbait in the first place?

Memes

nah, all the memes you see with old school-looking Spider-Man are from the 60s series

Firestar was the first waifu of many people, like Starfire to the majority of Sup Forums

it must feel really terrible to grow up and to know that your waifu only exists in the first place just to be a cheap replacement for a character they couldn't get because they didn't have rights...

>What could "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" possibly have to even rival, let alone be better than "Spider-Man: The Animated Series"?

It is the best animated version of Spiderman ever, no contest.

If you had bothered to read the list, you'd see that Spectacular Spider-Man is at #30.

Right above Muppet Babies.

Eh...maybe's it's better to not bother with this list.

The contributors to this list might actually believe it's a better show. But I've noticed there's this tendency for a lot of people to overcompensate for how serious superheroes have gotten in the past 30 years. So they then say that Batman '66 is the best Batman and that Spider-Man and His Amazing friends is the only good Spider-Man. And everything related to capes should be FUN first and everything else second or maybe even not at all.

I can't really fault folks for thinking that way. Their emotions and opinions are their own and they may very well be valid. But they didn't form in a vacuum is all.

Who cares? Besides Spectacular and Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, every Marvel cartoon has and will always be total dogshit only good for nostalgiafagging.

SMTAS was kind of a mess near the end

Out of that majority, more people like Raven more

Nostalgia?

All these top lists are shit, go watch WatchMojo or something.

one thing SMTAS was better at than BTAS was handling its main character.
Batman had only a handful of episodes that helped develop him as a person.
Spider-Man constantly had inner monologues and moments that added depth to him.
Then again, their comics are like that, too. I'm so fucking tired of 95% Bat-books being about stuff happening around Batman and not just focusing on Bruce himself, without over-using the parents death.

>WatchMojo
>continually shit on Spectacular Spider-Man in their lists

Insufferable faggots.

wut? they actually do it?

Updated list or is it from 2009

I think the updated one has it too

In their lists for best Marvel cartoons, they put it in an honorary spot saying they prefer the 90's show, then proceed to put fucking Avengers Assemble before it.

It also didn't make best superhero TV shows.

I don't even really like SMTAS, and even I find this to be an odd choice.

Spiderman and his Amazing Friends is good wholesome fun. Spidey, Iceman and Firestar make a great team. I am so pissed off that Bendis made Bobby gay. Icestar is my OTP.

>IGN
>mattering
What was #1? Steven Universe?

1. The Simpsons
2. Batman: TAS
3. Looney Tunes
4. South Park
5. Beavis and Butt-Head

SMTAS only had good animation for one season and mostly featured butchered versions of comic stories. SahAF had shit animation but good, original character interaction and some fun stories.

If you already read the comics, only AF is worth the novelty (and S1 of TAS...and TAS' Venom episodes because they're honestly better than how Eddie played out in the comics).

>I want it to be about Bruce
>I don't want to about his parents
Not going to happen with modern Batman, the point is he's autistically obsessed.

Still mad that nostalgiafags keep us from getting Dickbats.

It's the logical progression, and Bruce has been under the microscope for decades. The well has run dry.

>Everything should be mandrama and soap opera for manchildren.
BTAS became famous due to the episodic crime strip nature of it. Best Batman runs from the Bronze to early dark ages read like that.

>Best Batman
Morrison

>SahAF had shit animation but good, original character interaction and some fun stories
>80s bland pandering to kids shit
What good, original character interaction could possibly happen there? It was a prime example of what crap superhero cartoons were before BTAS. Nothing was ever achieved, it was just beating the bad guy of the week/meeting the gues star of the week.

>Character interaction can't be good unless there's continuity
Nigga please.

The appeal of AF is Peter having a recurring supporting cast and bouncing off them in a way you didn't get in the books or other cartoons, as well as seeing how they interact with the guests.

It's not great, but it's more of a draw than censored, reformatted comic storylines, especially when Spectacular exists.

>Bronze to early dark age
>Morrison