Early Reviews Savage Iron Fist

comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/iron_fist/minor-spoilers-early-iron-fist-reviews-indicate-a-rough-a149477

I fucking knew it, I fucking called it. I mean, maybe it is bad, I haven't seen it but so far it looks like IF is getting shredded because not muh diversity issues.

Danny got shafted by being the follow up to JJ and LC because now all the netflix shows are expected to revolve around social issues. Fuck me.

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/review/marvels-iron-fist-review-984200
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTH0Hki6hRE
comicsalliance.com/netflix-iron-fist-season-1-review/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So angry I forgot some of the text

>The Verge: With any property that touches on the politics of the day, there really is a rush to judge its merits before it comes out, when patience might better serve the would-be critics. After all, Marvel has earned enough goodwill since Daredevil premiered in 2015 to hope that wrestling with its inherently problematic source material might give its latest series a charge, and make it current and relevant. The sad truth, however, is that Iron Fist is the weakest of Marvel’s Netflix series to date. As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways. But, over the course of its first six episodes, it also manages to fall short on basic levels like storytelling. Its creative laziness bankrupts the entire show. Marvel’s new series is a disappointing case study in studios needing to try harder to tell difficult stories well.

>Variety: Iron Fist is the most frustrating and ferociously boring example of Netflix Drift [pacing problems] in some time...It takes forever for anything to happen on Iron Fist, and as it stumbles along, the uninspired production design, unexceptional cinematography, and painful dialogue fail to distract the viewer from the overall lack of depth, detail, or momentum...Good luck, bingers: Getting through two episodes was a challenge.

MIC: ron Fist isn't a terrible show by any means; if it aired on the CW, it might have even felt like a revelation. But Netflix has earned high expectations for its superhero shows, ones that have been able to effectively tackle heavy topics like sexual assault. When it comes to The Defenders, Iron Fist just doesn't pack enough of a punch.

>implying that being a rich hipster isn't a social issue

>CNET: As the last member to join the roster of Netflix's "Defenders" crossover, "Iron Fist" felt like the chance to broaden the TV universe's gritty scope with levity and more fantastic elements, especially in a post-"Doctor Strange" world. It comes tantalisingly close to indulging in over-the-top action, but after half a dozen episodes, you're left with the impression that everyone involved is maybe taking a show about a kung fu master who once hugged a dragon to death a little too seriously.

>THR: Through six episodes, in addition to failing to introduce a main character I care about at all, Iron Fist hasn't given me any season-long arc/objective that I could describe for you, much less one I'm curious to see resolved — and that's before it hits that wall between episodes 7 and 12 that none of the Marvel shows has been immune to. For heaven's sake, Iron Fist has already wasted the "Is our hero actually crazy?" gaslighting episode, a structural conceit that doesn't work when you ask the audience to question everything we think we know about a character before we actually know anything about the character. With a big four-hero mashup allegedly unfolding out of Iron Fist, this misstep couldn't have come at a worse time for Marvel and Netflix. It's a good thing I really like Daredevil, Jessica and Luke.

>years after being presumed dead
>mysteriously returns
>determined to reclaim his birthright and family company.
>a long-destined enemy rises

>Be cis white male in the making
>Cis family dies
>Taken in by chinks and shown kindness and raised by them
>Learn their culture
>Come back to Cismerica
>Un-Cis his Cis fathers Cis Company
What do these people want?

>beats up an old Asian lady
oh..ugh...hmmm.

>if it aired on the CW, it might have even felt like a revelation.
HAHAHA even the shittiest of Marvel shows is better than anything DC has

Is it out already?

>mouseketeer to the rescue!

50 Marvel Credits have been deposited to your account!

Thank you for posting!

If Iron Fist fails because of inane garbage like race and social issues I'm going to flip my shit. all we should be caring about is cool kungfu shit happening on screen. the minute you go into iron fist looking anything else is the minute you're a giant faggot.

>Danny got shafted by being the follow up to JJ and LC because now all the netflix shows are expected to revolve around social issues. Fuck me.

Not all social issues. Just gentrification.

They probably also don't like how he's beating up so many asian people. Daredevil got a pass (he even beat up blacks, latinos, fatties, and the irish) because he's blind and unless they're racist, you're not allowed to speak ill of the handicapped.

Goddamn right. I'm rather sick of my colorful comics characters having to always push social/political issues. For fuck's sake, doesn't hollywood push this shit in enough films and TV.

Thank you for proving once again how many shill run around on Sup Forums

>Not all social issues. Just gentrification

Are you forgetting the sexual assault/control of women themes from JJ and the social class/racial issues form LC? I would argue there is more there than purely gentrification.

Just let it go. This company wars shit is the cancer killing this board.

Seriously, what kind of autistic tribalism does it take to have this level personal investment in some multi-billion-dollar company that doesn't give a fuck about you?

That's what they get for hiring the hack behind the later seasons of Dexter.

>delusional anons pretending reviewers hate this show because of race shit and not that literally everything about the show is fucked from plot to casting to characters to fight scenes to the villain, etc.

What do you expect most of us to think when half these reviews bring up race for no reason at all?

Diversity is irrelevant. Literally everything they've said about it makes it sound like it's not even an Iron Fist show. They are just using a familiar name to get people to watch.

Complete and thorough deconstruction that only brings up race where it's necessary:

hollywoodreporter.com/review/marvels-iron-fist-review-984200

We expect you to be able to filter past that kind of thing and actually read the interviews by the people working on the show that makes it clear that they don't respect the franchise they were hired to adapt. No costume, no magic, no revenge motive. How is any of this Iron Fist?

All I want to know is this...

Are there awesome fight sequences which rival Asian Kung Fu cinema?

LOL look at them mad because Marvel is trashing DCshit!

You know what? I don't believe on what I said above. No.

I'm just showing to you faggots how easy and fun it is to trigger autists that find that any shitpost is some evil scheme by corporations.

Well, the thing is that some of these heroes were literally made to push a particular social/political issue. Luke Cage, Captain America, Black Panther...It would be ridiculous to drop the sociopolitical themes in their media. It'd be like spitting all over the character. For others though, like Daredevil, Iron Man, etc etc, I can agree that they really don't need to be pushing any sociopolitical issues since they weren't made with that in mind.

>LOL I TROLL U
They better pay you for this, mouseketeer.

at least he's White

>Implying assblasted regressive leftist critics aren't just savaging it because they feel personally slighted by it's lack of identity politics push

I'm not saying it can't be bad. Maybe it is. But this is exactly the shit the Hollywood Regressive Left would pull. It's not like they have never shat on something that was actually good because muh politics.

of course not

Nobody said anything about evil schemes bro, it's just fucking annoying and tiresome.

Nope. Apparently the fight scenes are poorly shot, over way too fast and the use of stunt doubles is painfully obvious.

Pic related

Back to YouTube then.

F

Gentrification of the MIND by Scrooge McDuck!

>It's unclear if Jones' lack of physical authority is dampening Iron Fist's ability to be an action show or if Iron Fist's lack of interest in being an action show has negated Jones' ability to display physical authority. For five episodes, Danny's fights are weakly staged and all-too-brief, without any effort to even pretend that the show's leading man is doing any of his own stunts. Danny's strength and his enhanced abilities are barely explained and inconsistently depicted, and an inordinate percentage of the early episodes is spent on Danny Rand, Generic Corporate Regulator, rather than Danny Rand, The Iron Fist. The sixth episode is the first time Danny participates in any sustained action, but even with renowned kung fu cinema aficionado RZA behind the camera, little in the choreography or presentation is memorable

>you will never be this pathetic

Daily reminder than the arrowerse is more popular than the netflixverse by a mile

popularity doesn't equal good fucking dipshit

>Easy and fun to trigger autists with my shitposting

Spotted the 12 year old. Look son, no one over your own age group is "triggered" by you being mildly annoying on the internet. Hearing the same old tripe shitposting for the 1000th time is just dull after a while and the adults would like you to stop. You're like a screaming kid that needs to be tossed outside for a while so the adults can actually have a conversation.

Everyone just needs to shut the fuck up and wait for the show to actually release.

You're right but you can't pretend it's not meaningful that the critical response to the first HALF of the show is nearly universally negative.

Aside from the Verge, there, they're mostly slamming the show's boring nature. So unless it's got a hell of a pick-up in the second half of the season, they fucked up.

Maybe it's just netflix syndrome in reverse. Maybe the first six episodes are shit and the rest is great. Who knows? Just wait. Patience my man.

Uh-Oh, Danny/Misty fans on suicide watch.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MTH0Hki6hRE

Well I've just read Alan Sepinwall's review on uproxx. His opinions on characters and themes of a show are often too 'nu male' but he usually has a good eye for action scenes:
>The problem is that Iron Fist is virtually all talk — most of it painfully dull — and the fighting is both brief and unconvincing.
>Even worse, he's [Finn Jones'] not much of a martial artist, and it shows — badly.
>The action scenes throughout the first six episodes are few and far between, and when they come, they’re filmed and edited in a manner where it becomes hard to tell what Danny is doing, or if he’s remotely the brilliant fighter he’s being sold as. The first few fights have all the actors, Jones in particular, moving so slowly and tentatively, it feels like they filmed the first rehearsal and moved on.
>The skimpiness and infrequency of the Iron Fist fight scenes suggest a production doing whatever it can to keep you from noticing that the greatest warrior ever produced by the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, who should be able to cut his way through men like in the comics page below, instead moves like a guy who can’t wait to get his green belt at the strip mall dojo.

they dun fucked up giving danny yellow fever on top of being a total Fu Manchu. if he met misty and started fucking her off the back everyone would be talking about how progressive the show is.

Well, it's not Danny/Sparrow, but it's close enough.

Unless it's Marvel, right?

Daredevil season 1, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were all heavily based on the work of Bendis.

Likely the problem with this series is they tried to Bendis-ize Iron Fist when the character doesn't really work that way.

It's funny, it looks like the Netflix shows are going to be ruined the same way the movies were: shoving everything into the same generic mold in order to create a better sense of "unity" instead of taking each property as its own thing.

>The action scenes throughout the first six episodes are few and far between, and when they come, they’re filmed and edited in a manner where it becomes hard to tell what Danny is doing, or if he’s remotely the brilliant fighter he’s being sold as. The first few fights have all the actors, Jones in particular, moving so slowly and tentatively, it feels like they filmed the first rehearsal and moved on. I wanted to write that off as the show’s way of demonstrating that Danny is so good, he barely needs to make an effort against civilians — an approach that served Luke Cage well at times — but later fights aren’t any more impressive, even if Danny is moving slightly faster. (He’s not even involved in a long and elaborate combat sequence until late in the fourth episode.) Colleen’s fights look a bit better in comparison, but are also edited so aggressively that it’s all but impossible to tell.

>It would be easy to blame the choppiness of the action on the fact that so few modern filmmakers understand how to shoot and edit this stuff anymore. (One of the reasons John Wick struck a chord with the audience was that its directors knew that less is often more in the genre, and focused on making sure we could easily follow everything Keanu Reeves was doing.) But Iron Fist comes out of the Netflix/Marvel factory, where Daredevil features some of the most exciting — and most classically composed — fight scenes in all of television, as the camera just hangs back and lets us watch the Man Without Fear kick and flip his way through one army of bad guys after another(*). The skimpiness and infrequency of the Iron Fist fight scenes suggest a production doing whatever it can to keep you from noticing that the greatest warrior ever produced by the Seven Capital Cities of Heaven, who should be able to cut his way through men like in the comics page below, instead moves like a guy who can’t wait to get his green belt at the strip mall dojo.

To add to my post. It certainly doesn't look bad, but deffo not what I and probably expected/wanted for an Iron Fist show. Hey, at least Colleen is getting a lot to do.

>compare her comic counterpart...

At least we can stop pretending there aren't Marvel shills here right?

>mousseketeer
>MCUck
>DCfriend
>DCUck

Why do Sup Forums ''insults'' sound like they are made by pussified manchildren who grew up with Ned Flanders?
What's next?
''Meanie poopyhead''?

IT'S JUST SJWS RIGHT GUYZ?

Blow me you absolute cunt.

Coco butter twitter is a forceto be reckoned with. They would have defended HARD. I already saw some, but wow, the wind is gonna be took out of their sails.

>If you thought the drama was bad now...

>As far as diversity, representation, and appropriation go, the series fails in a number of ways

>muh quotas
>muh bechdel tests
>muh diversity

If the actual story and pacing issues are a problem, that has nothing to do with subjective muh diversity claims.

>race
>necessary to bring up

It's Sup Forums retards trying to force their console war shitposting into comics.

Was shit from day 1 with that faggot casting some Game of Thrones bitch with nothing else to his name

>There are some recurring positive notes in these Iron Fist reviews, not least of all with respect to Jessica Henwick’s turn as Colleen Wing – though as most TV critics seem to agree that Colleen would have been a better choice to serve as the protagonist of the Iron Fist TV series

Fucking what

"We want more women of color."

Fucking monkeys paw. This is what I get for wanting things.

Literally fuck this world. These human scumbags are bleeding into my fiction.

I don't see what's wrong with wanting the better actor to take the spotlight.

I mean, trailer made it seem like real crap and it doesn't seem like they put much effort into casting the right people and stuff.

Any chance that it's actually kino and the critics just can't understand how deep it is?

last six episodes will be absolute marvel kino.

Jessica Jones was terrible and got rave reviews, so I'll be checking this out.

Y'all are reacting the same way BvS fans did last year.
YA LIKE APPLES, Sup Forums?

Iron Fist isn't even out though.
We're relying solely on critics and critics aren't always in the right.

Maybe the actress, but it terms of the character? What has Colleen Wing been doing this last decade? How would you even pitch a Colleen Wing show? Or, let me guess they just wanted her as the Iron Fist, despite not making any story sense.

You're not saying anything that contradicts my point.

2casual4me

Tribalism is the most casual, plebian phenomenon on this earth.

>The ol' "I'm just pretending to be retarded" defense
If you claim to be harvesting (you)s, I'd still believe you. Would even give you props for making me reply

>If Iron Fist fails because of inane garbage like race and social issues

That's pretty much all these SJW reviewers bitch about. Ignore them and just enjoy the show.

Hard to enjoy a show that has little to do with the franchise it's adapting.

I think this is one of those productions where the critics are bagging on it but the plebs will still take to it regardless.

Of course they will, its MCU

To apply some critical thinking rather than getting triggered and deriving your opinion from that like a gamer girl.

>MCU
>critics bagging on it
You underrate the power of jewgold.

I blame DD s2. If the ninja zombies weren't so poorly received we might have at least gotten more mystic shit.

Marvel tv is not that popular though

Why the fuck did they cast him if he cant fight?

REEEEEEE !!

Roll

Maybe it sucks if you binge watch it but is decent for two episodes a day

That was two years ago, now it has become Sup Forums culture unfortunately

>two

Try 6. When Nu52 was just starting things like DCasual and Marveldrone started popping up and it's only gotten worse.

>‘Iron Fist’ Review: Like ‘Batman Begins,’ If Bruce Wayne Was an Idiot Man-Child

comicsalliance.com/netflix-iron-fist-season-1-review/

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not surprised, DD is blind, JJ is a woman, and LC is black. Danny is the only one SJWs won't defend.

since they refused to do his costume or any part of it, I'm kind of glad that they are getting fucking doodooed on by the critics

maybe next time make a SUPERHERO STORY instead of this pretentious Karate Kid bullshit

That's the sad part. The diversity shit is distracting some people who have (both pro- and anti-) SJW blinders on from the actual problems.

this
the showrunner confirming no costume and zero mystic origins really killed my interest

>it looks like IF is getting shredded because not muh diversity issues.

No you tard. Its because its shit, as anyone who has the slightest idea who Scott Buck knew it would turn out.

I was here before MoS had released and rarely noticed any such rivalry.

When some shitposter did try to start any company wars nonsense then, they would immediately called out for shitposting.

Unlike video games Sup Forums franchises did not have any hardware barriers to be enjoyed and Sup Forums most of the time was helpful to Marvel and Dc friends alike

But after MoS released all of that changed and Sup Forums company wars just seemed to had spilled on to Sup Forums

However I see some hope after noticing Sup Forums becoming slower

what are the odds of me ever seeing this costume done well in real life?

>Daily reminder than the arrowerse is more popular than the netflixverse by a mile
No it isn't, lol what are you smoking?

He's smoking that Green Arrow bruh

thats hard to verify, netflix doesnt exactly have viewer ratings

>Is it out already?

Press got the episodes a month ago.
Launches to the general public next week.