True Detective Season 3

>Season three will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Ejogo will play the female lead, Amelia Reardon, an Arkansas schoolteacher with a connection to two missing children in 1980. Ali (Moonlight) stars as Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas.
Thoughts? Will it fail in trying to recapture season 1 magic?

>season 1 magic
You mean ripping off Hannibal's style and edgy 14 year old boys' nihilistic ramblings?

No, i mean chemistry between actors.

>two main characters
>three time periods
Sounds like they're redoing season 1's structure, which makes me worried they're just phoning it in.

>which makes me worried they're just phoning it in
They already did that in season 2

I am all about her REARdon

>show can't lean on the diversity crutch, has to offer something else which came in the form of interesting characters and story with some excellent set pieces

When will they learn?

>all of a sudden every other show takes place in the ozarks now

what did hollywood copycat producers mean by this?

they finally gonna put some tentacle monsters in this one for all the autists?

Don't have more than one character try to be an edgy nihilist. Don't fucking have them ALL try to be edgy nihilists (season fucking 2 I'm looking at you). Have some surrealist supernatural undertones that are never quite realised enough for you to be sure of them but keep poking at you out of the corner of your eye. Sprinkle that on a righteous cop show and you're good.

le 56% face lmao. dropped.

>ozarks
Tax breaks?

Sounds like Lightfields

2>1.

>Season 1 magic
Oh. Ok. You mean an edgy main character for edgy's sake? You mean all this hype for who ends up to be a pathetic country ass killer? Oh no. You mean that big psycho-spiritual reveal in the main character that adds really nothing to the story and which we don't care about cause it happens way too late? Oh yeah, sorry, that magic did not happen.

>Ozarks
Interesting setting at the very least

>be user
>watch S1 of True Detective
>be enthralled by it
>go on Sup Forums
>follow the generals
>everyone seems interested and equally enthralled as myself
>S1 ends
>everyone seems satisfied
>general threads continue until they die out amidst ramblings of S2
>S2 premiers
>no one likes S1 now because S2 is a meme
>S1 has to be a meme too
fucking reddit xd no taste

No no, you got it wrong, man. I didn't suddenly decide i didn't like S1. I was always one of those that said S1 was overrated and was leading nowhere. I watched S2 hoping it would be better since it wasn't the same story or characters, but it was worse. Was almost a parody.
I'm sorry i criticized one of your favorite shows, user. Move on.

Did they get the jap to direct again? If not, why even bother.

>You mean ripping off Hannibal's style
Oh that's not even remotely the case. You have some mental condition, buddy.