What Can They Do To Save Themselves?

>Comic sales and quality dropping rapidly.
>Make Mine Marvel is not Rebirth-like at all and just the same thing we've been getting but with Banner and Stark back.
>TV ratings steadily dropping.
>Things are starting to spread to Netflix and Iron Fist is getting savaged.
Marvel seems adamantly set in their ways and that everyone is wrong but them. What can they do, Sup Forums? Besides shutting down everything but the movie side.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbr.com/dan-buckley-promoted-to-president-of-marvel-entertainment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kick Ike, Quesada, Alonso out.

Same way Marvel always save themselves
Copy DC and throw money that the problem

Hire competent editors.

>>Comic sales and quality dropping rapidly
Nope

They can't. Marvel is finished. ivX was the final nail in the coffin.

Didnt they already cancel that SJW shit? I mean...did they actually ready that shit like Moongirl, Mockingbird, America and co?I feel betrayed, because i read that and i am not even paying money for it.

>did they actually ready that shit like Moongirl
Did you? MG/DD is fine.

GET BETTER WRITERS AND STOP PUSHING CHARACTERS NOBODY LIKES!!!

No. Chelsea Cain (Mockingbird writer) is vontinuing on with a Vision series. We got word that there'd be LGBT+ representation in the new X-Men series, but since they're all existing characters someone is going to pull an Uceman. Odds are Rachel going gay due to Guggenheim. All the legacies will remain alongside the originals. All that will happen is Tony and Bruce back (which was going to happen anyway) with everything else remaining as is really.

>Nope

Yes, post 5 GREAT current marvel books if that's not the case, I can post 10 great DC books right now

But Logan was good

Legion was good

Fuck off you console wars meme shitters

Moongirl is specially fine

Those are both Fox, user. Actual Marvel/Disney is a flaming shitshow.

>Actual Marvel

No they made Legion

You would know this if you were anything more than a memeshitting shitposter

I don't really care about TV and Netflix shit.

But the comics need to revamp their editorial and legitimately find a way to support their good creators instead of bowing to the whims of the Bendis types. DC did this and that's why they're having success. When you give people the proper structure they can produce a good product.

>since they're all existing characters someone is going to pull an Uceman
Rachel, Kitty and Storm are all on the team though. All three of them have been bi since Claremont created them.

Focus on marketing runs rather than continuous stories that are actually fragmented by changing writers and artists. Get a good writer and artist pair. Set out how many issues they have. Title their run and give them ample credit. Market the comic as the result of their creativity. Get people interested in the final product rather than focusing on "hey, y'like Iron Man? Well There's a new one. Pick up Invincible Iron Man Volume 2 Number 7 to check them out. Also they appear in Champions Volume 2 Issue 1 and Civil War 2 Volume 1 Issue 4.

Think of the moviegoing audience. Their experiences are encapsulated. They don't have to seek out 12 mixed titled videos to get a complete story. They go to see Avengers: Age of Ultron. An encapsulated story. Then if they want more they can watch solo movies for more encapsulated stories.

So ultimately, focus on the Trade experience, but don't market them as a fragment of a larger story like they come off as. Give good credit to the creative team behind it.

Legion was co-produced by Marvel. Loeb's name is all over the credits and they shill it left and right.

I can't wait for the EPIC MARVELTANIC XD meme to be over so you overdramatic, self-victimizing fags can fuck off to your next bandwagon.

Kill off the following characters:
Miles Morales
Gwen Poole
Sam Alexander
Riri Williams
America Chavez

Have Kamala fade into obscurity.

That wouldn't change anything meaningful. Still chucklefucks like Slott and Guggenheim shitting up franchises people care about.

Hire some good editors and get someone to put a fucking lease on Bendis instead of letting him do whatever he wants.

Fuck you guy, Sam's alright.

fire their entire editorial staff and half the writers.

It's dead, all that we can is just sit back and watch its mutilated corpse rot in the sun.

they're a symptom, not the disease. besides, gwen and kamala are fine. the others aren't bad when not written by incompetent morons.

>adapt Iron Fist faithfully
>"WHITE MALES REEEEE!"
>make Iron Fist asian
>"THAT'S RACIST! REEEEE!"

Good fucking god, there was no winning with these psychos.

Sweet sweet denial

>Make Mine Marvel is not Rebirth-like at all and just the same thing we've been getting but with Banner and Stark back.
I mean, that's 90% of what people have been whining about. It's not exactly Marvel's fault that the response they've been getting is "I want muh white men back".
Don't take this as me defending Marvel, because they suck ass at the moment and I really was hoping that we'd get a proper Rebirth. I'm just sick to death of people acting like characters like Miles and Kamala and Sam are the problem when they're barely even a symptom.

The problem is that they never adapted Iron Fist faithfully. All they did was keep the race the same. Everything else is not Danny.

fair enough, but even if they did, they're still hung up about Iron Fist not being played by Steven Yeun, AKA, The Idris Elba of asians.

It's the least capeshit and least integrated superhero show on the air. Not a good example of Marvel's (Studios) success.

Another Marvel is doomed circlejerk thread? Don't you faggots ever get tired of these? I am sure once notRebirth happens the amount of mental gymnastics you all will have to preform in order to declare that Marvel is still terrible somehow is going to qualify you all for the next Olympics.

Really wish there was a way of hiding such austic shitposting

On your part.

Post them then.

You're not wrong. Just think it's important to be specific especially since there's a lot of shitposting on Sup Forums already from people obviously not paying attention to the production of the show but wanting to complain and blame the race drama for the bad reception.

Well, the post you are replying to is talking about sales not quality but
>5 GREAT current marvel comics
Impossible
>10 great DC books right now
Also impossible

I just finished reading Inhumans vs X-men a while ago, I'm definitely pessimistic about the future X-men books now. Holy fuck that was horrible. Inhuman shilling cranked up to 11 Ike the kike can go kill himself.

>Not a good example of Marvel's (Studios) success.
It has nothing to do with Marvel Studios. It was done by Marvel Television and Loeb. Marvel Studios and Feige, which have nothing to do with Marvel, had no involvement in it.

Start telling good stories and stop with the shitty events like IvsX or CWII

Also, get new talent, the current ones dont know what they are doing

>Steven Yeun, AKA, The Idris Elba of asians.
what is that suppose to even mean?

It's gonna get worse before it gets better.

Honestly, I think the problem lies mostly higher up. Sure they've got some shitty writers and artists, but there's still some good as well. The problem is that instead of looking at what is or isn't working with the comics and creative teams themselves and WHY it isn't working, they keep trying to fix the problem with marketing bullshit, double shipping, variant covers, relaunches, virtue signalling, etc. The problem isn't marketing, especially with more new blood coming in than ever thanks to the mainstream popularity of cape stuff. The problem is with the comics themselves.

And it's not just the bad writing and/or art on many books, though that's certainly part of the problem. The comics don't appeal to the casual mainstream audience because there's too much continuity wank and not enough movie synergy. And it's not working with the older, more hardcore fans because of them pushing all these shitty new characters and because what little movie synergy they do enforce is uniformly awful.

I've said this before, but in my opinion Marvel should split off a new imprint again. Except not like how they did Ultimate. Ultimate was an interesting experiment, but it lost track of what it was meant to be and was crippled by offensively bad garbage like Ultimatum. Instead, the new imprint should be aimed specifically at the more casual fans. Short stories, light on continuity, minimal crossovers and events, with characters and situations people know from the movies. Basically, an imprint that focuses on titles where, for example you really like the Captain America movies, so you can pick up any issue of the Captain America comic and enjoy it without knowing what happened in the past 30 issues of five different titles. The main 616 can go on as it always has, except not they can leave out all the forced diversity and movie synergy and SJW/feminist/hipster pandering and just focus on telling good cape stories.

Why kill off Sam when Nova is one of the better Marvel books at the moment and Sam is a fun, well-written character?

>It's gonna get worse before it gets better.
This is correct. Reminder:

>Dan Buckley Promoted to President of Marvel Entertainment
>Buckley first worked for Marvel in the ’90s, when he was hired in the international marketing division and promoted to VP of Marketing Services. After a short time away form the company, Buckley returned in 2003 when he was hired as Publisher. Under his watch, Marvel Comics began to emphasize regular event series, line-wide storylines that involve many, if not all of the company’s regular series, which have driven the publishing division’s growth over the past decade. He also oversaw the company’s current initiative to expand its roster of characters to be more inclusive, introducing a number of female, gay and ethnically diverse characters.
cbr.com/dan-buckley-promoted-to-president-of-marvel-entertainment/

Idris Elba is the most fan casted actor regarding any black character with herculean physique, and the only Black Actor that can be named.

Because he JUST became a well-written character and with Rich back he serves no purpose other than lowering the sales of the book.