Aragon vs. Jaime Lannister

Just so you know Jaime Lannister has both hands. And were dealing with 2 rounds.
1. Movie Aragon vs. tv Jaime
2. Book Aragon vs. Book Jaime
Who would win?

Aragorn is superhuman it's not even close OP.

dunno.

>we've seen Aragorn fight effectively 1v1, even against a genetically modified super orc
>we've seen Aragorn fight effectively against massives swarms of orcs
>we've seen Aragorn dispaly sound tactical thinking and spacial awareness when fighting hightly intelligent enemies (the nazgul)
>we've seen Aragorn take some pretty hard hits and keep going until he won (shield bash to the neck, troll backhand, being on the deeping wall when it blew up etc.)

>we've seen Jaime struggle against an aging warrior
>we've seen Jaime get beaten by a butch lesbian
>we've seen Jaime get knocked the fuck around by said lesbian, not able to recover very well from any hit
>we've seen Jaime struggle mightily to not shit the bed when fighting with one hand, counts on luck

If we're going by books, Aragorn is literally superhuman and basicaly Captain America, Jaime is just a guy.

Why the fuck does Martin think Jaime would win?

movie aragorn 1 v 5 nazguls and won

tv jamie 1 v 1 sean bean tied

viggo is skilled as fuck with a sword and knocked that flying dagger away when it was tossed at him by accident

nicolai looks like a retard swinging that sword around and is responsible for some of the worst sword actions of that show

Is this even a close match? Maybe one handed aragon vs 3 handed jaime would be more even

Aragon is much more than just a man

Someone post the Ned stark fight

Aragorn is a literal superhuman with 60 years of combat experience. He'd wipe the floor with Jaime

Brienne is not a lesbian, she likes hunky boys

aragorn wins in a fight but jaime is the better man. aragorn is a good guy because its in his nature, jaime has to fight against his nature to be good and is more valiant for it.

you know that scene in the book where Aragorn makes Eomér his bitch just by showing him how kingly as fuck and inherently superior he is to him?

that's what happens here - his will is so strong that this doesn't even come to blows

She likes fucking queers

considering GRRM wrote a fanfic where Jaime beats Rand al'Thor, who is basically a jesusbuddha with godlike powers, I don't think Aragorn has a chance

Jaime is not a queer.

Aragorn
This isn't even debatable

jaimie does all his good shit out of vanity and muh need to regain honor

>considering GRRM wrote a fanfic

But he doesn't have time to write random fanfics. He doesn't have time, lads. Why is he doing this?

because he's enjoying his time and he hates the raving faggots that won't shut the fuck up about game of thrones, much like the dumbasses that harassed the fuck out of the joffrey actor because people can't separate fact from fiction.

anywho, ned stark v. boromir?

It's AragoRn you infantile power level sperg

This, he's a 6'6 Super Aryan

Sean Bean can't fight himself

Who ever has the best tax policy wins

honor is good, its how you keep the hulking killing machines that sustain your society from tearing it apart

if he's superhuman why'd he almost lose to that white hand orc that shot sean bean

because uruk hai are also super human and Lurtz was a boss dawg

He was already tired and at low health by that point. He just killed like 50 Uruks then had to fight the boss 1 vs 1 with no medpacks or anything

what is the hardest moral dilemma aragorn is put up against?

Refusing the mind raping ring.

not going balls deep in eowyn

there was only one right choice to make so not really a dilemma
nah he was right to steer clear of the tumblr stronk womyn cunt

The right choice would be using the Ring against Sauron.

George Martin has, for comparison's sake said that he is on the same level as Aragorn
This means that he indeed is on Aragorn's level
Get out of here you babies

As for the win, I'd say it would be fairly tied and would be about who could utilize the surroundings better, which I think 200+ old ranger Aragorn would do best

Noooooooooo mate

>super orc
literally a Larping maori and he got his shit pushed half the way in.

Even Jorah wrecked Dothraki who are the GoT equivalent.

All other orcs are fodder in those films and most are played by midgets and women.

>Jaime struggle against
Ned is the same dude that took on Darth Dayne and was only a couple of years older than Jaime

>beaten by lesbian
POW's in Vietnam got beaten up by ratty little gooks because they were chained up and starved, doesn't mean a thing.

>struggle not to be shit
Literally re-learning his whole trade from scratch, still holding his own in life or death fights.

>by the books
Yeah he is Numenorean and would win, but he's also a boring fuck. That doesn't change anything, but it needed to be said. People way over wank Numenoreans tho, like saying that Elrond couldn't have killed Isildur at the foot of Mt Doom. Fucking stupid.

>what is the hardest moral dilemma aragorn is put up against?

Breaking of the Fellowship. Whether to be true to his promise and go with Frodo and help the ringbearer, or take the path that leads to Gondor and leave Frodo to continue alone, towards Mordor, where he will almost certainly be caught, pretty much condemning the entire world to a very miserable future.

I think that's just a regular dilemma not a moral one

Aragon's a 2 m tall super chad

Prove that it's not a moral dilemma

>God King with half a century of combat experience vs Incestuous one-handed pretty boy
Gee I wonder

a moral dilemma is a test of moral principles whereas that is just a decision of an individual action

You haven't proven that moral principles weren't at stake with regard to that individual action

I'm not going to I was just explaining the difference. You need to prove it was a moral dilemma.

>thinks soldier types and street thugs are the same thing

This is why you lose

the reason I give a straight fight to jaime is that strider's setting is more optimistic and noble and naive. jaime would throw dirt in his face and stab him in the dick, once he realizes he's going to lose to a fucking dunedain

> dicks and shit
The purest essence of GoT.

Maybe he'd give him the old knife-in-the-eye like he did to Ned's lieutenant. Aragorn would fall for that I reckon, he does a lot of stupid face to face blade locks in the movies (Lurtz, Ghost King etc).

My takeaway from this post is that you have admitted defeat and I win today.

but that exactly the difference, street thugs dont have honor

>Noble and brave
Like beheading an emissary sent to negotiate with you before a battle?

Rewatch the movie. Aragorn was basically a nigger. You can even see it in Gandalf's eyes in that scene that he fucked up putting this guy in charge.

Did you watch the movies? Those 'midgets and women' can pick up and pile drive adult men in full plate armour with no problems and the Uruk crossbowmen load the crossbows without stirrups meaning they can pull 200lbs without breaking a sweat.

Aragorn is probably one of the best written fantasy characters and the books barely touch upon him. Jaime is just a trope that GRR Martin said 'wow wouldn't it be deep if I made the knight in shining armour a degenerate?'.

>stupoid blade locks

Lurtz pulls himself down the blade to come face to face and the initial moment it happens is because Aragorn just tackled Lurtz and is right next to a stronger opponent, it's not stupid at all. As for the ghost king presumably you didn't watch the fucking movie because Aragorn doesn't want to kill him he just wants to prove he is Isildur's heir.

If you want to defend your society and it is operating on a better tech level than fucking Samoa, you don't get your most muscled out roid heads, you get steely, adaptable, disciplined, cooperation-capable men. Men with balanced talents and a unified purpose. That applied in the Middle Ages just as much as it does today. Civ's that tried to go the individual combat route (like Germanic tribes for example) got raped by their more disciplined opponents (the Romans).

Vikings lost more pitched battles than they won for this very reason. Your average man on the street has more soldier potential than Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jason Momoa.

They bladelock before that at the start of the fight just after Lurtz recovers from the shoulder charge. Watch the scene.

And bladelocking with a guy you're just trying to scare is still inviting a cheap shot just the same. Its stupid, Aragorn is stupid.

aragorn is like bronn with actual training, he wins every time. rangers are op warriors with a huge amount of combat experience

>crossbows
Both sides are shown using crossbows without stirrups or a lever, and we don't know what material is used in the bow string, it could be dragon's sphincter or something, and therefore have fantasy elastic properties.

Also, so what if they're strong, their limbs only move at a finite speed, and, that is the speed of a maori man in heavy makeup. So Aragorn doesn't need to be that good to defeat them, and he clearly isn't.

>best written character
>books barely touch on him
Are you trolling yourself here mate?

Also, you missed the point of Jaime's character. Plenty of the Knights are assholes, Jaime is the one who got pushed to his limits until he changed as a person. Its not fucking Crime and Punishment but he got decent development. Can't say the same for fucking Elessar Sue whose defining character trait was that he was basically an Uncle Tom for elves.

Germanic tribes didn't practice 'individual combat' they massed into many different groups or warbands and attacked and retreated constantly. A lot of Roman generals described how frustrating it could be since it was hard to get lasting victories against the Germans whereas the Celts tended to attempt massed attacks with their leaders at the forefront and so they could easily be crushed in one battle. The Romans did lose a number of battles against barbarians however despite being the most disciplined soldiers ever known, and Greek armies suffered some bad defeats as well. Vikings generally lost pitched battles because they didn't have any secure fortifications and had very little access to supplies.

Bronn couldn't fight the Mountain though, and Prime Jaime could, so...

reminder that aragon and jon snow are the same characters

grrm is a hack

>secure fortifications
>pitched battle
mate...

Also, you're changing the goalposts: Germans DID practise individual combat in that they were only in very loose formations on the battlefield and would swing big two handed weapons and generally fight on their own for their own glory. Just because the practised raids and guerilla warfare etc and did Teutoburg forest stuff doesn't mean anything about how they fought PITCHED battles. In fact the neccessity of those tactics was DUE to the fact that they couldn't just mass and wait for a pitched battle, despite having home turf and numbers advantage nearly all the time.

>Romans lost some
Yeah yeah, and? Their formation focussed approach to warfare won them an Empire, there is literally no denying this. Iliad style hero tactics belong in the fucking Bronze Age.

>strawmen
>somehow makeup or being maori makes any difference to the implied strength of a creature that throws a 60kg shield like its a kitchen knife and can draw a bow made of steel and horn.

Aragorn doesn't have endless pages of dialogue and his backstory consists of 3 pages in the appendices, still a better character than Jaime. Nothing about Aragorn is mary sue either, he personally doesn't achieve some absurd victory and it's never suggested he's some ubermensch. He gets into peril a few times and is saved by Gimli and others. He also has a lot of character development in terms of his friendships with the fellowsship, having to lead the fellowship after Gandalf falls, Bree has some great moments with the Hobbits.

This guy gets it

Pic related is the back of Aragorn's head when he tries that bladelock nonsense on someone with half a brain.

>The chad 6'6" Numenorean king vs The Virgin incestuous crippled manlet human

Obviously Aragorn.

>boromir

he was probably a better fighter than aragorn himself
ned is just an old fuck

>big two handed weapons
>fight on their own
>loose formations

Jesus christ just fuck off you idiot we get it you watched the first 10 minutes of Gladiator. You really ought to read Caesar's accounts then come back.

I'm just saying that the speed of the uruk hai is right there on screen, its just as canon as the shield throwing and the crossbow having. More so, because its absolute, whereas we don't know how heavy the sheilds and crossbow poundage etc are intended to be.

I'm just going to concede the Aragorn personality stuff out of disinterest. What I will not back down from is the fact that movie Aragorn does not do anything that suggests he would beat Jaime - on the contrary he makes stupid mistakes and is regularly in peril from fodder enemies.

woops. here is the pic related

Imagine being this far up GRRMs asshole.
Beware or he'll eat you again.

This.
Aragorn has more combat experience than Selmy, and is in leagues better shape, and Selmy could kick the shit out of Jaime.

quote something from Caesar then you prick. I'll wait.

Literally where does it say that old selmy beats Prime Jaime? You're kidding yourself

Jaime makes many stupid mistakes and locks blades in all his fights more or less. How the fuck can you complain about aragorn locking swords and grabbing the ghost kings throat when Jaime deos just that and then rreaches for a knife to stab the guy in the eye? Blame choreography or whatever else but Aragorn comes across as totally superior to Jaime on screen.

I'm fairly certain Jaime himself acknowledges that Selmy would win easily.

Aragorn by a mile.

Jaime is to Aragorn as Aragorn is to Fingolfin

Even looking at it from a Feats only perspective Jamie was NEVER truly challenged except for probably swallowing Arthurs sword. he only ever battled like low level soldiers.

Aragon was sparing with elves ever day growing up who would whip the floor with Arthur

Jaime EXPLOITS another guy's idiocy in being willing to bladelock. Then he bladelocks a second time while fighting Ned, but that is probably for taunting purposes since he knows Ned would never do the same dishonorable move he had just seen Jaime do five seconds ago.

He literally never does it again except when training with Bronn who he believes would not dare to punk him for it (this is wrong, but is more down to aristocratic arrogance than battle stupidity).

Every other fight he keeps his blade moving when he's in range of his opponent. He has a fuckton of fight scenes, so feel free to try and prove me wrong. You can't though.

hahah WHAT?

Post a quote. Book and Show Jaime knows that he's the best around. Selmy is an old man he has respect for, not someone he thinks can still kill him.

Book Selmy talks as much about Jaime's talent as Jaime does about Selmy, btw.

>Post a quote
I'm not going to go through those shitty books again just to prove some retard wrong on a micronesian sun dance mail correspondence.

He solo'd 10 armoured knights from Rob's own Bodyguard at the Whispering Wood.

Tolkien said that plate armour didn't even EXIST in Middle Earth, because he was telling pre-historic myth. Aragorn doesn't have armour on at all, although mail does exist in Middle Earth for him to wear should he choose.

>japanese image board meme
The last refuge of a dying argument.

If you don't want to post quotes that's fine, just don't make the claim in the first place.

>He solo'd 10 armoured knights from Rob's own Bodyguard at the Whispering Wood
got any names for them? any? or were they just some lords sons?

1. Who knows. Could go either way, really. It's possible Jamie could win.
2. Eru Ex Numenoreana, no contest

Daryn Hornwood, Eddard Karstark and Torrhen Karstark

WTF I thought they were the same person??
I don't watch LotR or GoT btw

Elendil could have killed both of them in a heartbeat with both hands tied behind his back. He was 7'11 and the greatest Numenorean warrior ever to have lived

Because he fought 100 Uruk Hai previously.

alternatively

>we've seen Aragorn stand his own in battle
>we've only heard about what a badass Jaimie used to be

Book Aragorn is almost the size of The Mountain, and an exceptional fighter. Jaime stands no chance

>Aragorn is superhuman
Not really. The Numenoreans were just giftet longer lives. Power in LotR is basically from pure bloodlines, Aragorns a pretty mudbloody. Boromir was probably a better fighter than him. I'd say Jaime is probably better.

What is the Whispering Wood? What is Pyke? What is the Battle with the Kingswood Brotherhood?

Its true that Boromir was canonically stronger. Aragorn was probably low level super tho, like a guy on good quality steroids, that kind of thing, based on how much Tolkien wanks Numenoreans.

Gregor would be just as strong though, and Jaime still wrecks. The LOTR fags in this thread don't realise that Aragorn has no plate armour, it didn't exist in Middle Earth (says Tolkien).

so the ranger will just shoot him on the head with a bow an arrow. grrm jamie fags lose again

My money is on the 80+ yo with the body of a 35+ yo dude who fought singlehandedly dozens of genetically modified human/orcs and won

>blocks your path

So Jaime will just pay a Faceless Man to have Aragorn assassinated.

>doesn't know orcs are worse than humans at fighting

When you're fighting dozens of stronger than humans dudes at the same time their skill doesn't matter much. Also if they were less skilled humans wouldn't have continually lost against orcs for decades

Boromir had some low rent Numenorean blood too, IIRC Gandalf said that Denethor was strong AF and he wore chainmail under his clothes and used the Palantir to fuck with Sauron at night.
All in all i think current Jaime and Aragorn would be bros.

All nerds should fucking hang

>Boromir
>low rent Numenorean blood

He was from the absolute upper limits of the nobility, the direct descendent of the entire line of stewards. His blood could only get more Numenorean if he was part of the royal line.