Is anyone else frustrated to tears with the way they handled this garbage...

Is anyone else frustrated to tears with the way they handled this garbage? This should've been one of the greatest films ever made, but they botched it so hard. Why didn't we get a solo Batman film before this film. It's so fucking shit.

>Why didn't we get a solo Batman film before this film.
there were 7. think the character was established enough.

>frustrated to tears
Stop getting worked up about shitty movies, retard. Fucking idiot, go watch proper film.

>so many things that happen are barely explained
>lex somehow knows their real identities
>the world's greatest detective doesn't know Clark Kent = superman
>too much world building too early into the franchise
>doomsday creation makes no sense
>lex's plan is convoluted as fuck
>CGI fights
>Superman's powers are inconsistent
>shoehorning things for the sake of Justice league
I don't even hate this movie, I've seen it multiple times. But it's really sad that they almost completely ruined it's potential

>frustrated to tears
There is no need to be upset that a plastic toy commercial did't live up to the hype

>frustrated to tears
Kys nu-male

>Why didn't we get a solo Batman film before this film.
This. We could have gotten a 9/10 Batfleck flick that got Affleck the success that he deserved as Batman but instead he had to be crammed in this disaster which has too many subplots and makes you bored.

Sometimes I like to pretend that I never actually saw Batman V Superman and what I saw in that teaser trailer is for an upcoming masterpiece because the teaser trailer got me so excited for this yet when I saw it in the cinemas, it was hardly anything but a boring political film that tried to be smart but the boring pace and boring characters set around in town places turned me off of what could have been the most epic super hero film ever with seeing Batman come face to face with Superman.

BvS UE is my TOP 1 movie of all times.

P.S. Justice League was pure shit.

>the world's greatest detective doesn't know Clark Kent = superman
See this wouldn't have minded me much if we actually got to know what Bruce had been up to in the past

>"JUST READ THE COMICS"
But this is the Snyder universe... so actually show us as the viewer WHAT has he been up to all this time as a detective? Yes Wayne Manor was burnt down and he has the Robin suit hanging up because Joker supposedly killed Robin yet none of this is actually explained. Bruce doesn't even mention Robin at all in sentence. Lucius Fox is never mentioned. Does he exist in this universe or not?

Instead the film decides to focus on Superman and Lex which to me are the most boring parts when almost all the audience went to see this for Batman and hence why they should have made a standalone film first showing Batman on assignments and tracking down criminals. I enjoyed the Russian guy subplot and Bruce's little sneak peak around Lex's place but this doesn't help make this full worth while.

I don't know how anyone can say this is an instant classic with how it is.

nice blogpost maybe you should contact zack snyder you fucking retard

>BvS UE is my TOP 1 movie of all times.
I really have tried to like this movie. I am a fan of a lot of low RT scored movies so I am not just judging it due to the critics, but I just cannot at all really come to appreciate BvS as it stands due to the boring politics as well as the contradictions of showing Superman saving people yet Bruce seems to be unaware of this and just wants him dead due to what happened in Metropolis; not even going to find Superman and asking if he cares about the lives that were killed that day. He is just too busy building his weapons to attack him.

Also; it doesn't feel epic. There is too many conversations taking place in rooms. I like the Batcave and would have appreciated it if we got some backstory on what Bruce had been up to. If there was a 10 minute scene where Bruce talked with Alfred about the past as the camera does some cool pans around the place then that would have been BRILLIANT. Instead we have to get boring courtroom scenes, Lex mumbling about, Lois on her bullet assignment which would have been better if she had help from Jimmy Olsen and he wasn't just disposed of in the first scene we saw him.

Cavill is a very charismatic actor and person and it's a shame he didn't shine in this at all. There could have been some interesting scenes with him in public but his scenes just came off as boring.

Rewatch Lois & Clark. I wish this had some scenes that felt like that and I don't mean comedy because there is serious moments in that show that does emotion well and manages to keep you engaged.

I am trying to explain my problems I have with this film and you get all bitchy at me for not liking it. I am sorry but to me this film is REALLY mediocre. It is just boring. Even 1 and a half hour fan edit cannot fix it because the Lex scenes are just bland, the political Superman scenes seem pointless as Batman doesn't get much shine as he should have gotten in this. And don't get me started on the 3rd act that did not even need to be in this at all i.e. Doomsday.

>wanting ANOTHER Batman origin story
Are you literally 12?

>wanting ANOTHER Batman origin story
No one said they wanted an origin story if you actually read this thread properly. All I wanted was to get some info on what Snyder's Bruce had been up to such as when he started branding criminals, how his Mansion got burnt down, when Joker killed Robin etc. All of this is just abandoned and we can't really relate to him.

I like to pretend Batman Forever is a prequel to this because then it at least makes sense what happened to his Mansion (not to mention the giant Bat that Bruce gets attacked by is almost identical to the giant bat in Batman Forever; that is the deleted scene that should not have been cut).

Zack delivers stories that defy the conventional normie opinion of comics and of the fantasy genre in general. They insist that these stories are just escapism and power fantasies. His films contain moments of both, but the stories themselves are decidedly not escapism. There are consequences for both action and inaction, and they must be faced. Head on.

That's what makes criticisms like his films being "a series of moments" particularly damning - not of him and his films, mind you, but of the people making the criticism. They like the scenes that showcase moments of pure escapism and power fantasy, but reject the story. Their lists of criticisms consist of lists of shoulds and should-nots, all of which revolve around giving the characters cheap outs for their dilemmas. Then Zack flipped the script on them and gave them the ultimate cheap out:

Martha.

There is a completely justifiable psychological reason for that moment that is totally supported by evidence both from within the film and from knowledge of the characters and their lore, but on the most superficial level, a cheap out, a dues ex machina, is exactly what it is, and all the fanboys reeled back from it, rejected the bare-faced truth it revealed: they can't handle their power fantasy served to them with all the sleight of hand stripped away, the trick laid bare.

There is literally nothing wrong with leaving some mysterious aspects left. It's not a fucking meal. Use your head to gill in the blanks.

Also he started branding criminals with Superman's arrival.

>desperation

This film is pure kino

>The cinematography is top kino
>The tone is amazing
>The acting is good

shame about script

Are you me?

I like it a lot because it could and should have been so much worse. Batman v Superman just sounds like something you'd expect to be complete shlock. I think it's the best movie that could have been made with this premise. What it did wasn't the obvious thing to do and I really appreciate it for it.

>too many conversations
The dialogue is enthralling in every scene. You people just want exposition and banter, you don't understand nuance or drama. People don't talk like they're explaining a plot in real life, why do you people accept this from film?

Snyder took the anti exposition meme too far and made sure the dialogue didn't explain a fucking thing.

There's no mysticism to the trick laid bare because then it becomes scientific and plausible. They need the escapism more than the reality. I think you're onto something.

It's a fucking visual medium. You almost don't need dialogue to understand anything that isn't character motivation in this movie. Everything else is thrown in your face multiple times, you just never noticed bc there wasn't a giant sign saying "look out" prior.

This mentality is why the DCEU movies didn't work.
Banking on icon status of your characters isn't enough to sell a movie. Everyone already knows who Batman is, so in order to guarantee audience retention, you have to make your Batman really stand out and offer something new to the table.
Snyder didn't do this. His Batman's whole personality and motivation can be boiled down to "grr I hate alien scum grrrr I hate superman' and then at the climax, he did a completely artificial 180 and is now "I love superman let's form a team my niggas".
This Batman isn't proactive or interesting. He's just a shortsighted and violent ass who reacts based on things completely out of his control or changes his whole outlook on total whims.

>Why didn't we get a solo Batman film before this film. It's so fucking shit.

because they had their eye on marvel the whole time, saw the money the avengers made and some exectutive said WE NEED A SUPERHERO TEAMUP RIGHT NOW and forgot to do the years of world building before it.

Honestly think DC should just pull the plug on it, wait a few years then give it another go from scratch. Right now what the mainstream audience is seeing is DC playing catch up with Marvel and it's hurting them. WB could produce an incredible DCEU but at the moment it feels rushed, half baked and rife with problems. They're trying to go for the big cash cow before it dies but the reality is they're making it stagnant and putting people off their brand. I didn't even hate Snyders vision but he's become a bit of a sour name, which is a little unfair because DC did have its own distinct identity, but now it's just turning into a shameless copy of Marvel, and that's when it truly begins to fail.

Look man, I don't care how many hours you wasted rewatching the autism cut looking for more "obvious" details.
But the dialogue is downright pointless. It feels unnatural how hard they avoid talking about things that are important to the story.

>It feels unnatural how hard they avoid talking about things that are important to the story.

For example?

In which one of those seven did Robin die and Batman decided to be a murderer that conveniently never kills real villains?

No problem in "didnt like it". All people have different tastes. Its just not "your" movie, thats all.
BvS was objectively good. You may liked it, you may not. But if you HATED it, then something wrond with you.

>objectively

>Being this clueless

The thing is though, Batman is a very established character.

7 Movies, he just finished a trilogy of films, which they try to continue thematically with an older Batman.

Batman v Superman established Batman fine, that isn't the movies problem, problem is it already had enough on its plate developing Batman and Superman, then on top of that they throw Wonder Woman in there, have Lex Luthor to introduce, fucking Doomsday then on top of all that shit they throw in scenes with future premonitions and Justice League characters??? Are they fucking mad? Ever likely everybody thinks this bloated mess is shit.

MoS>BvS>JL>SS>WW

>something wrond with you

Don't forget Lois Lane trying to uncover a terrorist arms dealing conspiracy.