Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iwMlmzFKxvE
youtube.com/watch?v=MPKODzv1PD4
youtu.be/JrokMa1QlKo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Meme flick
If you like herzog or jodorowsky you are an enemy of cinema

meh

I tried to watch Stroszek and couldnt, I got like 30 minutes in. Whats this like?

kys

these guys r partying in the amazon jungle on a boat and then they get attacked my nature

meme post, if you don't like jodorowsky or herzog, you haven't read a good book in your life, or you did but did it to appear cool and smart

Woah... Bravo Herzog

Pic looks like he's about to hold her head down while she blows him.

And I approve.

I'll give it a shot.

popol vuh soundtrack is dope as fuck

This guy wasn't only an asshole but also a pervert.

V O V O L
P U H

youtube.com/watch?v=iwMlmzFKxvE

youtube.com/watch?v=MPKODzv1PD4

you don't even have to see the man in a film to know that he would be a brilliant actor

Yep, he's a serious as it gets. I didn't like that film though.

Mach zu, mach zu, trau di' nur...

youtu.be/JrokMa1QlKo

german is the best language to go on a tirade and kinski mastered it

Reminder that the real Lope de Aguirre reached the Atlantic, built ships there, sailed to Venezuela and looted there

During the filming the tribesmen approached Herzog offered to kill Kinski and he told them "No, I need him alive."

>didn't even take account of the actual historical events
See back then they didn't know how to end a movie. He should have reached the end of the river after proclaiming himself king of the amazon. Then he there would have been a series of battles after which he would gain several ships and an army. A transition card saying "several months later" will cut to an awesome speech before his small navy would fight the spanish armada in an epic battle fight over a led zepplin song.
While not in the original movie there is still time for a sequel to come in where the movie left off and finish up the story proper.

>being this much of a capeshitter

>haunting soundtrack
>kinski gone mad
>real elements
my favorite scene is
>what are they saying?
>they're saying, meat is floating by, meat is floating by

>its a contrarian episode

those directors have nothing in common brainlet

probably the greatest ambient album of all time

>those directors have nothing in common brainlet
They do.
along with Akira Kurosawa they are entry level reddit tier

Wasn't it filmed in with the actors speaking English and then they dubbed it in German?

Herzog is one of the good guys but his films are usually mediocre. Aguirre is super overrated. He should stick to documentaries

/ourguy/

only brainlets reduce directors to their reception. try thinking for yourself sometime, brainlet. Herzog is one of the best directors of the german new wave. granted, he hasn't been good in decades. but have you even seen Fata Morgana or Land of Silence and Darkness? no, because you're a tryhard brainlet who knows nothing about film.