Highlander Thread: Who Wants To Live Forever Edition

How come this movie still managed to keep me interested even though the production is somewhat dated and the movie is two decades old?

because you're immortal you have inside you blood of kings, yeah

>2 decades old
uh, what year do you think it is?

>movie is two decades old?
Retarded youngfag detected

Highlander is the best 80's music video ever made

Because you have awful taste. It's a terrible movie. I'll never understand how it still holds anybody's attention.

I have no doubt that Queen knew no one would ever really hear the second half of Princes of the Universe. It's like an entirely different song after the part used in Highlander

Who the fuck allowed Lambert to be an actor ?

Kill yourself faggot

That soundtrack used to be my alarm

> Highlander
> release date 1986
> current year 2017
> decade is 10 years

2017 - 1986 = 31 years.

This movie is actually three decades old not two. OP was off by one full decade.

See >Retarded youngfag detected

His final fight with Kurgan is still cinematography-kino

How did so many sequels end up being made? Were they profitable?

Why was no prequel made instead? There's literal centuries worth of time periods you can use while still having Clancy Brown feature in them.

>Clancy Brown
He turned them down for the sequel

Well yeah, that's no surprise.

A prequel wouldn't make it so utterly retarded.

I'm actually shocked they went forward with Highlander 2.

The TV series was still pretty good despite the faggots here hating it.

Highlander II was shit. Highlander III was alright even though that is technically a sequel to the first film meaning that a decent viewing order is Highlander to Highlander III to Highlander II retardly. Highlander: Endgame was really only there for fans of the TV series. In that case, the viewing order is really Highlander to the Highlander TV series to Highlander: Endgame.

There is also that animated film Highlander: The Search for Vengeance which is anime inspired. It was just as decent as the original. Highlander: The Source was retarded Syfy shit.

This needs to be remade. It fucking sells itself - immortal guys chopping each other's heads off with swords. How did they fuck up the IP so bad?

I've heard the three sequels are all actually alternate future points for the story, so it's actually
I - II or
I - III or
I - Endgame

You could still include II after III though.

So it's more like...

I - II
I - III
I - III - II
I - Endgame (I presume this includes the TV series inbetween since the movie is more or less a conclusion of it.)

>I've heard the three sequels are all actually alternate future points for the story, so it's actually

Yes and no. The second one is the only one of the sequels that doesn't retcon the end of the first. Every other sequel, and even the TV series, ignores the fact that Connor was the last immortal at the end of the first film and won the prize.

The soundtrack is what makes it, honestly.