Overwatch Comic

Y'all read this?
What'd you think?

comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/bastion-binary

Other urls found in this thread:

comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/bastion-binary
youtube.com/watch?v=fMRTNB1CKhg
comic.playoverwatch.com/issues/overwatch/11/en-us/pdf/comic-overwatch-bastion.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/bastion-binary
>Bastion walked on the ocean floor to get to Ireland from somewhere in Africa.

Anybody else want a Bastion skin with the octopus now?

>the bird went with him

>octopus constantly fights Ganymede for a place to sit

I liked it. It was nice to see that Torb isn't blinded by his hate for omnics.

Yeah. Maybe this is the beginning of Torb easing up on his robo-racism

It ended right when it was getting good.
I wanted to see what they would do together.
Good thing Blizzard will have a quick follow up comic in 18 months.

>Torb and Bastion road trip

I'd like to see where they go with this.

Wow, fucking nothing. Per usual.

These comics are always awful. The laziest writing ever.
What are you talking about, there's no mention of Ireland or Africa in this comic or Bastion's short

At least it isn't TF2.

now i want to see bastion interact with the rest of overwatch as part of the team

I love me some bastion
But torb seemed to easy to be friendly and wanting to keep him alive

You guys know bastion was activated on the outskirts of Eichenwalde
Shows it in his video short
The city at the end was NOT Numbani

So really if anything he crossed Northern Europe then went through the English Channel (hence Octopus)

err I mean he crossed whatever the channel between Germany and Sweden is called

Uh... that's why I said there's no Africa in this comic or his short

You could of said where it was instead of where it wasnt

>mfw the next animated short will be about "Superbae" Mei

>tfw this psycho bitch puts rocks in snowballs

One day user, one day

It was pretty much confirmed tho.

Torb never really hated omnics per sey he just viewed them only as machines.

I really want that now too.

I think the pacing was really clunky and it felt like this scenario has already been done a 1000 times so it wasn't anything surprising or exciting.

I won't accept anything less than actually confirmed

PAT PAT PAT

Would anyone mind posting the pages here? I'm stuck on my phone and the format is too fucky for it.

You monster.

I actually hope the next short is about Zenyatta. Or at least that he shows up.

fat

I mean it's kinda cool to see how Bastion got dragged into the all Overwatch thing, but they could have handled it better.

I want a short about or with McCree in Route 66.

But the missile knows where it is, and also where it isn't. Same with Bastion.

>This
>Northern Sweden
There is no landscape like this in Northern Sweden

It's the future.

If there's a Northern Sweden that looks like that, there's a Northern Sweden that looks like that.

Pls

Why'd this asshole get both an animated short AND a comic?

it's all in the bird

>asshole
>only fights in self defence
>actively avoids confrontation
>nature lover
>defends the chokepoint
>beats reins shield
nigga, he is precious

I guess it'd be the baltic sea. Or maybe its part of Kattegat?

It just looks nothing like northern Sweden. For starters, there are no trees like that in northern Sweden. A forest in northern Sweden is almost entirely pine and fir trees, with the occasional birch, aspen or alder thrown in to lighten the mood. It looks nothing like what's in the comic.

>Character Development
>In Overwatch

Coloured me pleasantly surprised.

A lot of people were saying that it happened too fast. But what can you do with only 12 pages.

Bastion was in germany before. But yeah, characters in overwatch have this mysterious ability to teleport from place to place in no time.

EVERYONE IS CUMMING ON ME!

This mode was probably the most fun I've had with the game. I want more crazy oddball modes like it.

Maybe that's a problem with the format. Blizzard is free to change page numbers. They don't answer to anybody else.

I thinks it more on the writers. I can't help but notice that even with limited pages they still seem to waste quite a bit of page space. Also Blizzard is dreadfully slow with the story, so that might be it as well.

That really only confirms what people have been saying about Blizzard not having good writers. But we've known that by how flanderized and bland everyone they write is.

Even though I'm able to enjoy games like Starcraft 2, you can really see how much characters "go through the motions" because we expect them to.

Starcraft 2's writing was so erratic in quality as well. In some places we had really good character development, in others I am sure that the writers were smoking something serious The final ending. I feel like its a case of Mass Effect 3, there are some good writers, but when it comes to the big important stuff, they seem to always put the writers who are terrible but are higher up on the corporate ladder.

A big game like Starcraft 2 is made for the multiplayer/competitive market.

Like the Call of Duty games, the story mode is an afterthought. And Overwatch just skipped over the afterthought completely, as is the trend in current gen gaming.

IIRC, didn't they say that the LĂșcio short would be next? As well, his short may likely be set in Numbani, where Orisa can co-star and where all of his concert posters are.

A company as big and prolific as Blizzard has no excuses to not write a good plot. Not in a major entry of their flagship titles like Starcraft. What are their writers off busy doing instead? Writing WOW side quests? I'm sorry, but I think collecting 20 boar hoofs or 50 skeleton bones is going to demand much of their time.

>A company as big and prolific as Blizzard has no excuses to not write a good plot.

Sure they do. Maybe they just don't feel like it. It wouldn't affect sales.

Then they deserve every bit of criticism they receive.

Let's be honest. The story is the ONLY reason some people buy Starcraft 2. If they wanted tight gameplay, they'd just play Starcraft 1 forever.

I know Mei's backstory is super sad, but I can't take her seriously anymore.
youtube.com/watch?v=fMRTNB1CKhg

It's not the only reason, but yeah, story is used in games to keep people invested, since the thrill of seeing what's coming next is what keeps people invested long term. Fucking up the story as badly as they did, probably did reduce the sales of their games for the expansion since the worse their story got, the less people that the gameplay was only a minor hook were willing to continue the game.

I don't like the fact that Torb just did a complete 180 on his Omnic hate. It is sad because he was a safe way to have an awesome but racist old man character.

The only interesting thing I foresee is what happens when Reinhardt meets the Bastion unit that was part of the force that killed most of the Crusaders and Rein's master.

Neat little story, but I hate how short, inconsequential and sometimes "safe" these comics have been. The cinematics are brought to life by spectacular animation, graphics, and voice-acting that all support a nice chunk of story.
Then there's these comics: they have bad pacing, lackluster writing, and mediocre art that seem like tiny little farts of "why bother?".

What sucks is that Overwatch oozes style and style can really launch a story far beyond just being "good". I wouldn't say that it's necessarily wasted potential (seeing as how they've told the story through ARGs, in-game stuff like maps, etc), but I think they could afford to lean harder towards telling a great story and putting more effort into each bit they give us.

>Torb likes robots now
>they'll probably remove his robo-bigot voice lines on King's Row, Numbani, and Nepal

Sweden is officially cucked on every level both real and fictional

I highly doubt he likes all robots now.

He's just really fucking fascinated that a Bastion unit doesn't automatically resort to trying to kill any human it sees.

He's an engineer. It's his kinda thing to look into that shit.

>A lot of people were saying that it happened too fast.
I have to agree. Bastion didn't do much beyond NOT shoot him and Torb was willing to believe in him faster than the suit guy? Not the most natural of character arcs.

>bastion is basically a killer bigfoot

>Torb loved da Bastion
>the Bastion that is still covered with guns

Who's next? Zarya? Roadhog? Junkrat? Are they going to make this game utterly saccharine instead of just mostly?

Yeah I blame the surprise over this on there not being much insight into Torb's character before this. In the game he's just an angry little Swedish man.

Guy could feel guilty over his hand in building the Bastions and wants to see if redemption is possible for him through rehabilitating this one.

you don't even know how much time has passed since he woke up in eichenwalde

he probably had a credit to your race attitude to bastion

and he is a smart guy, its not everyday you see a peaceful bastion, and the last thing you want to do is get that bastion angry

>at least it's not TF2

I refuse to believe someone could actually like the sterile crap Blizzard pumps out over the TF2 comics.

Thank God TF2 is still making comics even if the game is dead and they take a long time.

It's fucking gay m8

its really a matter of taste, some people prefer the comedic parody tone of TF2, other people prefer the more space-opera style of OW

Think he meant that at least it isn't like the release schedule of the TF2 comics

OW is more daytime television SOAP opera. A cliche limited number of possible situations and ways for characters to play out, and they always do to the letter.

video game based comics stink

>Town hall full of people dressed in normal clothes.
>Torbjorn walks in
Jesus the designs look so bad when you put them next to regular people.

its overall tone is closer to mass effec, L4D2, or GI joe

a pastiche of common tropes from a genre, but played mostly seriously

>I've never read TF2 comics
Hokay champ.

>Overwatch
>Space Opera

How the fuck can people read this shit?
It's so fucking small, I can barely make out letters

>comedic parody tone of TF2

Hasn't existed for a long time.

She'll be gentle with us. Right?
R-right?

Why are you here user?

Well user, we both know that Bastion players aren't really the smartest bunch

What are you on? The latest one is still great.

They need to put these out more often, this games story is moving at a glacial pace.

>pre-game banter with an octopus-skinned Bastion consists of everyone bitching about the sushi stink

Denmark?

sorry buddy, but they're the equivalent of movie based video games(stink).

You don't need to confirm you haven't read them all over again, I already got the message.

There's a zoom in and a fullscreen option right in the comic viewer, guy.

If you still need more, get a bigger monitor.

comic.playoverwatch.com/issues/overwatch/11/en-us/pdf/comic-overwatch-bastion.pdf

It's good to see Sweden got their immigration problem under control.

Why are you giving him (You)s?

I guess I'm too generous.

Thanks

Found the fullscreen but the zoom is useless, since it remains within that retarded frame.

And they have guns too, They must have ditched the EU

okay boys, how long till they let players mix-n-match parts different skins and sets

Tory's Omnic hate was always more practical the rest. He doesn't see them as subhuman invaders, just mindless machines. Bastion is clearly different and that's piqued his curiosity.

For the case of many of the Characters that legit hate Omnics, they all have reasons for why they hate the bots.Shit D.Va's MEKA was originally developed as a automated response to an Omnium that routinely attacks South Korea. Zarya's home country of Russia is RIGHT NOW dealing with another Omnic Crisis and are desperate to try and stop it.

Even in universe it's hard to not justify it when there are AI's in control of massive mobile factories capable of producing mechanical murder machines on a whim who attack without warning and can take control of all local Omnics, it would be illogical not to be distrusting and hateful toward them. They're a walking time bomb waiting to go off and you'll never know when it'll happen till it does.