Brava Marvel brava

Brava Marvel brava

is Disney finally running out of bribe money?

Even Luke Cage, boring as it is, received VERY positive responses.

Iron Fist must be nuclear waste.

they spent it all on Beauty and the Beast

Because it was a black show. No one is going to shit on marvels first black show. However, mighty whitey being better at kung fu than asians are does not have the protection that jessica jones and luke cage had.

This is depressing the fuck out of me. I was an extra on two episodes. I was really hoping this would be good.

>DCEU gets terrible reviews
>"Who cares about what critics have to say?"
>MCU gets terrible reviews
>"HAHA! TAKE THAT MARVEL!"
Really gets the noggin runnin.

How often do you bring that up in completely unrelated conversations?

"I don't understand how you, a clerk, could be charging me, who was an extra on two episodes of Marvel Studio's newest Netflix show 'Iron Fist', a quarter for extra sauce."

It pretty much sucked away everything that could make it Iron Fist, minus the symbol and the first. All of the color, interesting dynamics, and fun storytelling was stripped away. All you have left from that is just some bland show going through the motions of any other series.

More like
>People constantly bring up Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic to shit on the DCEU but now they're calling it a SJW conspiracy now that Iron Fist got shit reviews.

Really makes you think.

Yeah since none of the posts above you said anything like that you're clearly a baiting faggot

>Hey there, I was an extra on two episodes of Marvel's Iron Fist. Wanna go back to my place?

>5 Critics

Proof.
DCEU>>>>>>>MCU

So now we all have to carefully watch out for the fat neckbeard staring straight into he camera?

This. If I'm going to watch an Iron Fist show I want high wire kung fu bullshit, not "its Daredevil but this guy can see!" which is really the feeling the trailers are giving off
The Netflix Marvel formula falls flat on its face with any hero who can't do 'gritty'. Iron Fist can't do gritty

Disney never had bribe money in the first place.

>Implying SJW don't play a big part

All those female reviewers would have given SS a low score even if it were good because of Harleys hotpants

Females loved harley, what the fuck are you going on about?

Most of the people in my circle of friends and coworkers who really like SS are women.

Makes you think.

Isn't this like the first six episodes?
What if it goes Bojack on us?

Women crave abuse, that's way.

Marvel Studios and Marvel TV are separate

Not the kind who write for publications though.

>Lack of diversity and cultural appropiation are the only complaints
Fuck this age
>People compare it with Last Samurai like it's bad
Fuck this age

5 critics

>Fucking Riverdale got a higher score on Metacritic

Who /Archie/ here?

Same. My sluttier friends liked SS more.

>mah sjws
Fuck off Sup Forums

You would be completely and totally wrong.

Not often. It's a weird thing to brag about in my town. We're all anonymous here though so why the fuck not.

Most women did love Harley because despite what Sup Forums tells you most women aren't SJW's. The middle aged hags who review films are another matter

no

>Muh Sup Forums boogeyman!

Eat glass faggot

is it actually bad or is it reviewers repeating "NOT ASIAN REEEEE" over and over?

this isnt a SJW thing

-This guy looks like a twink bitch, and looks extremely not intimidating shirtless

-Its a martial arts tv show with chi and oriental stuff with a twinky white guy

from the get go, to someone who doesnt read comics, this looks like a disaster, like Matt Damon in the Wall of China, Brad Pitt in ancient Troy, Tom Cruise as a Samurai, those movies in which a white guy does something immersion breaking for his ethnicity.

Would you watch a Hannibal or Cleopatra are played by an African American?

Just accept Iron Fist is a bad idea for a tv show

just ac

Then how come all the reviews weren't going on about how Suicide Squad rules?

>Cultural appropriation

Jesus Christ whats wrong with these people?

I have no doubt that Riverdale is a better show

50-50

Someone seems upset

Daily reminder if you didn't vote for Trump, you voted for this.

You're of the same ilk you fucking tard

Stop blaming sjws for shit, if Dr Strange ended up being shit you would've blamed them for that too

>this isnt a SJW thing
>-Its a martial arts tv show with chi and oriental stuff with a twinky white guy

So it's a SJW thing

>Shit acting
>Shit pacing
>Shit fight scenes
>No costume
>No weird Kung Fu magic
>Colleen and Danny are a thing.
>All talky no action

I mean yeah there's a number of NOT MUH ASIAN DANNY REEEE but there are a lot of criticisms that aren't related to that.

>>Lack of diversity and cultural appropiation are the only complaints

Those are not the only complaints. The really bad pacing, terribly choreographed fight scenes, the fact that it's a show ostensibly about fantasy and martial arts with very little of either, Finn Jones having no charisma - these have all come up.

There are more than two choices, user.

Of fuck off to Sup Forums already

Fuck off you cunt. It's getting bad reviews implying because Iron Fist is a white guy. Go bury your head in the sand somewhere else

I didn't like Last Samurai because Tom Cruise doesn't die and instead goes "home" and shacks up with the wife of the dude he killed at the beginning. Just felt like a copout Tom Cruise ending.

Pointing out that people find it immersion breaking for a random white dude to end up being a better Asian than actual Asians isn't an SJW thing. Its a "why the fuck is this random white guy better at being Asian than these Asian guys?" thing

You know, I wish this was the score Spider-Man Homecoming got.

Like, it's not satisfying to see a show fail unless the SJW's are all hyped for it.

He's right you know.

No?
Not in American politics at least.

>if Dr Strange ended up being shit
It was, sunshine.

poetic justice

Not all asians are good at martial arts.
That's just a racist assumption.

I don't get the hate for it personally.

I've seen the first 6 episodes and I enjoyed it. Then again, I don't care about SJW issues. Iron Fist was more watchable to me then Jessica Jones was (outside of JJ's Purple Man scenes).

I'm really looking forward to the remaining 7 episodes.

>I don't get the hate for it personally.
Are you white?

Last Samurai sucked balls. I mean, there were scenes that were stretched way too long that it started being laughable.
>>Tom Cruise shooting at that guy who has to reload and takes like 4 minutes.
>>Tom Cruise keeps getting knocked down and getting up again for like 5 times
>>The badguy aiming at Tom, and then pulls his gun up in shock cause they were charging at him

Movie sucked.

There is. You can vote third party, abstain, write in. Will they win? No, but that isnt the point.

>All Asians should be good at martial arts

Of course you watched.

Were you one of the extras, too?

I said this in another thread but the fact that we have already seen "cocky rich American guy travels to another part of the world and learns martial/mystic arts from another culture" multiple times in comic book movies and shows (Batman Begins, Doctor Strange, Arrow) is probably more the reason why people are complaining than anything. It's a tired trope now.

>Disney pays off the reviewers
>SJW conspiracies are ruining my cape shows
>fake news
Die of cancer already, the world would be better off

Spider-Man isn't even out yet.

>why the fuck is this random white guy better at being Asian than these Asian guys?
Because he spent 17 years trained by super ancient monks with super duper secret martial arts.
And the fact that not every Asian guy knows martial arts.
And the fact that just because you're Asian you aren't better at martial arts, usually you're worse because your physique can't compare to other races, deal with it.

it kinda did

>no costume
>no weird Kung Fu magic
Man, I cancelled my netflix last year and was genuinely considered getting it back to give Iron Fist a try, but that just turned me off even pirating it
Like, no costume I can just about accept, a lot of 70's costumes are too goofy for mainstream audiences to accept as anything more than one scene jokes, but no weird kung fu magic? If there's no kung fu/chi channeling horseshit in a goddamn Iron Fist show, why the fuck would I watch that instead of, say, Daredevil?

>too
It's the same dude.

>Random

SJWs have been fucking with the show non-stop since they announced Danny would be white.

>No, but that isnt the point.
It was indeed user's point though.

>>Post YFW when you realize the director of this is doing the Inhumans show

Shouldn't be crying about "muh European purity"?

>mah victim complex

i'm only hyped for the RZA-directed episode

>Were you one of the extras, too?

Nope.
Same person that revealed some stuff about 2 weeks ago regarding the hallway fight and precious Danny Rand.

Where did I say Disney pays off the reviewers ?

see
Are you really THAT insane that you don't see it?

Not according to the reviews, which is what this whole thing is banking on

You seem agitated.

>hallway fight
ANOTHER one?

>>mah
turist detected

Could this be a small bump in Marvel Netflix?
Or could this spell trouble for The Defenders.

IF costume is literally pic related by green and yellow, if this was aceptable I dunno why IF isn't

That and unlike those shows Iron Fist doesn't do anything interesting with it. Doctor Strange had the weirdness and feeling very unique, Batman Begins had Bruce actually turn on his mentor and Arrow has a ton of other shit mixed in with Ollie's training
Iron Fist is just straight up "dude gets trained in the mystical arts, returns home to Put Things Rightâ„¢" with nothing unique behind it

Netflix doesnt have the same kind of money, jessica and nigger were a womyn and a black guy, they were protected from the critics.

Seems like this show lost all the goodwill the other Netflix Marvel shows had by dint of it's orientalist storyline. But honestly most of these shows haven't been that good. Daredevil started off well but was already showing cracks by the end of the 1st season, it got a new lease on life thanks to the Punisher but apart from that S2 was a step down. Jessica Jones was pretty good but like all of these shows it drags and should've been shorter. I never finished Luke Cage for that reason. Now Iron Fist doesn't even have hype going in.

Thinking about it, the fact that they did Iron Fist at all is really strange. Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Jessica Jones all have a common realism/ground level theme inherent to those characters. Why are they taking a character whose origin involves punching a fucking dragon and making him solely street level and stripping all the mysticism away?

have you seen any discussions, memes (plural), etc?
even the hype was moderate

>ANOTHER one?

It's in episode 4.
It involves Danny, Joy and some Hand ninjas.

First part is in a hallway, the second part of the fight takes place in an elevator.

Good, enough with capeshit adaptations

>Inhumans show
Hopefully having different characters lets him do something interesting with it
Also, is anyone kind of concerned that Marvel is sinking a lot of money into the Inhumans just to screw over Fox? Because they've been pretty blatantly used as mutant stand ins

Literally just by association; Danny has always been associated with Luke Cage, the Marvel Knights and other street level superheroes.
They probably thought "Fuck it, he's close enough."

I am neither fat nor neck-bearded.

They're going for a Heroes for Hire angle for the Defenders, because some fool down at Marvel TV got it into their heads they could do The Avengers too, and since they had Luke Cage they felt they should have Iron Fist as well

That's not ending anytime soon.
If Marvel were to ever fall, you'd still have to deal with DC, Valiant, and possibly Image.
Capeshit isn't going away for a long while.