Wind River

What did you guys think? Is Taylor Sheridan the next big thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What did you guys think
It was essentially an episode of Longmire or Justified stretched out to two hours with slightly better photography and music. Cliche'd out the ass, full of some really bad wannabe Elmore Leonard dialogue choices I 100% attribute to Taylor Sheridan's lack of writing talent (look at Sicario, the script is absolutely horrendous). It's not a bad movie, maybe a 6/10, but completely and utterly forgettable aside from a few cursory scenes (Elizabeth Olsen's bubble butt being one). Taylor Sheridan is not the next big thing at all, he's barely worth the time I took to write this post.

It made it pretty clear that he shouldn't direct, although the script was good

his scripts are never good. too on the nose and wannabe badass edgelord. the best parts of sicario and hohw were the ones that were edited like crazy to be something completely different from what was in the script. he writes like a kid who grew up pretending to be Clint Eastwood and never really grew out of it. But the benefit of his scripts being barebones straightforward and fairly cliched in terms of character archetypes is that with a solid director and good actors, the characterisations in the film can actually rise above the level of the script and the typically cringe dialogue to be something subversive and interesting. again, it has to be another, actually talented director.

btw fuck off denis haters kys you untalented hacks.

>Longmire or Justified
lel
opinion disregarded.

I didnt read your post before submitting mine but you nailed it 100%

Great movie, as good as his previous two. Its so refreshing to see someone making old fashioned movies with balls, as opposed to the neutered PC garbage we usually get stuck with. I'll take Wind River over capeshit schlock and Disney Wars 1,000 times out of 1,000

Literally forogt everything about it.
Could have been a straight to DVD/TV movie

>I'll take Wind River over capeshit schlock and Disney Wars 1,000 times out of 1,000
Is that seriously your metric to determine if a movie is great?

i don't know this show but basically this. the whole story with his wife and kid and all the sentimentalist dialogue were cliché and boring. the CIA agent was also cliché and useless. i don't get what is so special about this flick

>comparing a movie to other movies released around the same time
>"id rather go see x than y"

its not even part of my equation, just saying its a breath of fresh air when something like this is released in the midst of the same stale blockbuster garbage year after year

>your lungs burst in subzero air

Justified is a top 10 television show. what's the problem kid

>imdb ratings
lel

are you laughing at yourself for taking imdb ratings seriously

i figured since the show was such trash imdb would surely have it in their top 10.
idk where you pulled top 10 show from, but it's shit.

and so is your taste.

>daughters dad being an asshole to fbi lady
>just like fbi lady we also think hes an asshole.
>saw the mom cutting herself
>dad completely broke down when a "friend" came over
No parent should ever lose their children

>the neutered PC garbage we usually get stuck with
nigga are you serious wind river and hell or high water were both about racism and inequality like fuck how did you nto pick up on that lmao

>nigga are you serious

How stupid can you actually be? I mean if Banner had been a black womyn who went around pouting about how she didn't need no man, and then went home to her strong muzzie rugmunching gf at the end. Same goes for Blunt in Sicario. They aren't strong independent women who don't need the help of no man

>PoC not shoved down your throat
>no unnecessary faggot equality multiculti filler shit
>woman saved by a man instead of the other way around
>Renner is the prototypical strong silent type American Cowboy

seriously whats not to like about these flicks? You have to be a woman or a numale or a uni student

I liked it. Sicario and Hell or High Water were shit.

you missed the point of the entire movie, it's okay though kid I'm sure there's a big bang theory thread around here somewhere that might be more your speed :)

>best thing about Sheridan's American Frontier trilogy?

the total and complete lack of any and all soyboys and/or soyboy related products

what's happening here

>asking and answering his own question
Soyboys or no, you are one humongous twat.

chris pine's character is literally a cuck

>lol u just didn't get it friendo
>entry level marvel tier quips and comebacks

but i thought it was a dumb movie for idiots whats there to get?

>robs bank that jewed his family out of their own land
>provides a future for his sons by fucking the system
>a cuck

lol no

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ

I thought it was a good movie. Shows you things happening in the world that I wouldn't give much thought to normally.

Also the best part of the movie, for me, is when they get to the factory or whatever that was. Everything before that was a little slow and the only interesting character was Olsen. Renner did a good job with what he had, but his character really didn't have much going on for him imo.

Music was nice too.

who said it was dumb? you think there was no progressive liberal PC stuff in the movie and you're clearly wrong.

what an absolutely abhorrent review
>check name
>it's uridon
Oh!

I'm saying you're an idiot. I didn't say that there isn't any of that stuff there, I said its not forced down your throat, hamfisted as fuck in your face. You think Sicario is rah rah grl power but she's just a tool for the higher ups in the alphabet agencies. Renner was married to an Injun, I'm sure he was the first cowboy to dip his toes in that water. But wait people are shitty to each other, yes thats such a progressive liberal PC point, you're totally right. All 3 of these movies are completely cucked out.

You're wrong and you're an idiot

ebin

>hell or high water were both about racism and inequality like fuck how did you nto pick up on that lmao
No it wasn't, unless you think banks dindu nuffin

"What's with the paint?"
"This is my death face"
"Really?"
"I don't know, I just made it up. There's no one around to teach it anymore."

forgot to add
>fbi lady saw all of this and realize she's the asshole

it was ok, it seemed to kinda end abruptly though.

Hawkeye tryin to play that accent though was fun enough

i turned it off after like 2 minutes

seemed boring

should i marathon the last few hours of it?

>It was essentially an episode of Longmire or Justified stretched out to two hours

It's literally a copy of Mystery Road but moved from the heat of outback Australia to the cold of snowy Wyoming

still haven't watched this so im avoiding these threads. been putting it off for weeks.

LA LA LALA I CAN'T READ YOU

It was fucking terrible. Cant believe this shit is getting such good reviews

Also
>main character is white
>has mixed race son with native Americans

Why is this a thing now?

>PoC
Call them niggers

>no niggers
>no gay shit
>no stronk wymyn
>white guys in lead roles
>pseudo moral ambiguity

i bet i know whose slandering these flicks

I enjoyed it. I though Sheridan did a really good job balancing a lot of real world stakeholders in the area throughout the film. Wasn't really groundbreaking but I liked his thoughts on it.

I need to watch it again though because I had a fucking family who decided to bring all of their 12 year old kids too it and they were making noise the entire fucking movie. At one point the left the theater for 15 mins to get snacks, missed key plot points and then were asking questions the rest of the fucking movie. Dont even get me started on the black couple that were behind me and these two elderly fucks that were sitting near me.

God I hate people, I wish theaters offered strict no talking and cell phone showings. Off topic rant but that was my experience with this film. Really pisses me off.