Walking Dead

So about that helicopter Rick saw in the last episode.

SPOILERS FOR ADVANCED COMIC BOOK STORY

In the newest issue earlier this month we were introduced to The Commonwealth, which is confirmed, by the author, to be the biggest faction Rick's group has met so far.

FINALLY we have remnants of the government making an appearance. Fans have been speculating for a decade, no way the US government went down that easily, there must be a bunker or a base where remnants survive. Well now we know.

I bet the Whisperer story arc will be skipped, it is fucking ridiculous, so we go straight to the Commonwealth arc.

Are people really surprised by this (show watching normies I mean)? We already saw helicopters back in s1 and 2 iirc and it was heavily hinted the government survived in s6 when that redheaded woman mentioned to carol they were evacuated from washington.

S1 and 2 are a LOOOONG time ago, so people assume whatever agencies were still operating at that time slowly broke down. So while helis can be accepted soon-ish after the outbreak (in earlier seasons), they have a bigger impact now when civilizations has broken down.

The chick from S6 was telling a story dealing with he past, just after the outbreak.

>I bet the Whisperer story arc will be skipped, it is fucking ridiculous, so we go straight to the Commonwealth arc.
that'd be nice

I wonder how Rick feels about the USA? Will he listen to these cunts? Like, what if they come to him and order him to be a citizen and pay taxes, etc.

i just hope they will not kill negan

I hope the Commonwealth, if it is the government, is the final arc. All TWD's villain groups are just bigger and badder than the last one and I don't see where the scale can logically go from here. Hunters/ Terminus were a refreshing break precisely because they weren't just another group of dudes with even moar guns.

SPOILERS

Rick chickens out and stop the execution, jailing Negan for life... with time Negan manages to earn his trust and becomes his sidekick. Negan is genuinely loyal to Rick and sees him as the leader he never could be.

There's the foreign threat arc. Like the garbage Last Ship. USA gets invaded by crazy English/Russian/Chinese and Rick has to save the day.

Hmmm, Kirkman has said he's started on wrapping up the comics. If they skip the whisperer part he could feasibly end both the show and the comic together as I'm sure some marketing eggheads have put forward the idea of that happening resulting in maximum monies.

Helicopter is proof Carl dies.
>first sees helicopter in atlanta while looking for Carl whom he thought he lost
>beaner calls him crazy and says there was no chopper
>chopper was real though because in season 2 finale it shows it flying out of Atlanta and inadvertently creating the horde that attacked the farm
>beaner comes back and tells rick he lost his kids and dies
>helicopter is back and now rick will lose Carl again and go crazier than ever

>mid season finale
>"He did Daryl! We beat Neggan!"
>...
>"Daryl...?"
>Daryl creeps out of the shadows
>"Rick...Maskyousummtin?"
>fades to black

Sounds reasonable. My question is will Rick bow down to the government or become a terrorist overthrowing them at the end.

>The chick from S6 was telling a story dealing with he past, just after the outbreak.

That doesn't invalid anything I said. She mentions the government was being evacuated, they had to have gone somewhere if that evacuation was successful. If they had access to a bunker and a military force, which they are guaranteed to if they were being rescued, there's a high chance they survived until now and the argument could be made it's the same group until we're told otherwise.

Also season 1 and 2 weren't like the original mad max where they're still in the transition between fully functioning society and collapse, the world had already long gone to shit. I think that helicopter was from the national guard guys that the governor killed, which shows that groups like that survived for long after collapse, it's entirely possible many other such groups are still out there.

>the final arc

AMC is going to milk The Walking Dead for years to come. No way this is the final arc.

So what will they do after the comics end? Season 15? 20?

There are plenty of other apocalyptic works they can rip off to create new stories. They were doing some Mad Max a few eps ago.

Eh, I'd still watch it. Love me some post-apoc shit.

The only way TWD can be saved if these guys show up and literally kill everyone.

you forgot about the real good spoilers

>implying Rick won't kick their ass

burh

REAL, GOOD. SPOILERS.

I barfed a little. Kill all liberals.

LETS FIGHT ANOTHER GROUP OF SURVIVORS
LETS FIGHT ANOTHER GROUP OF SURVIVoRS
LETS FIGHT ANOTHER GROUP OF SURVIV0RS
When will it end

>Greek lesbian who identifies as non-White
hmn really makes me think

I could see them adapting a version of the Whsiperers story arc into Fear the Walking Dead instead since they've been throwing out Whisperer hints on their for the last two seasons.

>Implying Rick isn’t hallucinating from the slug to the temple from Daryl

I don’t think they’d blow their wad on the Commonwealth yet. Especially before some shot of a “walker” watching from the trees or something. They won’t skip the whisperers. They’ll make them Terminus lengthed at very least I’m trimming them.

Can’t wait to see how Rick’s group completely cocks up another more well put together settlement because of their “we survive” autism with the Commonwealth though. Really great original stuff there.

Nobody watches this shit anymore, upload the webms of how shitty the show is and leave

>that level 10 luck stat

good idea

fucking helicopter from the first episode was never explained

>USA gets invaded by crazy English/Russian/Chinese and Rick has to save the day.

>ANUU CHEEKI BREEKI in the distance

it's random survivors nigga, why do you need it explained? do you need explanations for every car we see?

Wasn't it Kirkman who said as this season started that he wants it to just go on and on?

why do they wear the mask?
leader rick, iam remnant!

It was the Governor, pay attention.

what did game of thrones do when they ran out of books?

they made their own subpar trash

whats the tldr of whisperer story arc?

wasnt confirmed that the helicpoter was theres

Another group of edgelord villains who wear skinned faces of zombies as masks.

At least the author has some ideas for what was going to happen and shared it with them.

Negan helped Rick deal with them, top kek.

Why do people still follow this shit series? Both the show and the comics fucking suck. Watch something else.

TWD is just dumb, even for zombie series standards.
I mean the survivors so far have been killing zombies left and right with shitty equipment and it has gotten to the point where the zombies are just background noise and no threat at all.
How did the military fail to contain the outbreak? I mean they have tanks, rifles with more ammo than you could possibly want and communications equipment.

There are no other post-apoc series, you daft cunt.

user, people are the walking dead, that's the whole idea of the comics/show.

Also, one soldiers dies in his sleep and turns the entire fortified camp overnight. It's easy.

I unironically want to see a government element curbstomp rick and his terrorist group.

kek

Would you?

Zombies are not stealthy. You'd hear a dude feasting on the entrails of your fellow soldier who sleeps in the same room. And how many soldiers just die overnight?
It's just retarded.

I really like the whisperer arc BUT i hope to god they skip it because if they can't even get All out War right, they definitely can't get the whisperer arc without it turning into complete shit.

that's one example out of hundreds, use your imagination

plus, the creator said the people in that universe have never heard of zombies before like we have

>How did the military fail to contain the outbreak?

In the comic many abandoned their posts and fled for their families, the rest are probably in hiding with other big show wigs, like the upcoming Commonwealth group.

all out war was shit

Why wouldn't they pack some shit up and drive somewhere rural like montana or wyoming? Get a big ranch in the middle of no where. No hordes, no running into psychopath dicks every time you go down a street.

because danger is around every corner and they can't make such a big journey with this may people without it falling apart quickly

>Sir, we have these humans who arise anew when they die and somehow seek to harm us. They don't seem to be able to use tools though
>Oh my god. I have never heard of such a thing. Our tanks and equipment is completely useless now.
Still retarded.

SHe's a jew so no.

good. they need to move on from alexandria already. it's so stale now and part of the reason why viewers are dropping off like crazy.

Rather it went this way but we are going to get a Yasss Queeen moment where Maggie gets revenge.

But I bet you happily jerk off to girls (male)

Can they just skip the remainder of the Negan/Saviors storyline? I really don't give a fuck about any of it. It's literally Governor 2.0.

Negan is kino, the saviors as a whole and all out war are pathetic

when will she sit on my face

Well...

What makes the Whisperer arc ridiculous?

damn, I found a new fetish.

A roaming gang of fetishists that wear skin masks? It's stupid and unreal even in a zombie show.

They have no organization, no infrastructure, but suddenly they are a threat? lol

I want a girl to do this to me and piss all over my face while she is sitting on it

Have they been sticking to the comics thus far? The plot seems to me like it was written by someone with bipolar disorder and or schizophrenia

>new
How fucking young are you kid

If you don’t think Lauren Cohan is hot then you are a faggot

I can't wait for the president to be a secret crazy guy who kills someone from Rick's group, so they destroy the Commonwealth. it will be so epic

>tl;dr of the whisperers arc

>Negan in jail after the war
>Alexandria scout freaking out over walkers talking in a herd
>Hilltop sends scouts to clear out walkers from somewhere, some attack with knives, turns out they’re edgelords with skin masks on to blend in with a permanent guts trick. Jump scouts and take new Hilltop scout Dante captive
>Treat him well and tell him don’t fuck with us
>Carl meets Whisperer’s leader’s daughter, Lydia
>Falls in love and fucks her and takes her away with him because she gets raped constantly because the whisperers are edgelords who allow it, even Lydia’s mom, Alpha
>Alpha infiltrates a multi community county fair between Alexandria/Hilltop/Sanctuary/Oceanside
>Lures some major characters and other people away, decapitates them
>Puts their heads on pikes and uses them for a border, demands her daughter back
>Rick agrees, Carl runs off with Lydia
>Declare war on each other, Rick goes propaganda dictator
>Start getting BTFO by whisperer ambushes and their massive herd
>Rick releases Negan to help
>Negan infiltrates whisperers, seduces Alpha
>Chimps out and kills decapitates Alpha when he sees that she allows rape in her group
>Negan solos a bunch of whisperer
>Beta, Alpha’s 7ft tall second in command and her literal beta orbiter REEEEEEEEEs and sends their herd right at Alexandria
>Negan BTFO of Beta and his crew, twice, breaks Lucille
>BTFO so bad last few whisperer survivors run off, let’s the herd finish Alexandria
>Negan save Rick from herd, Alexandria stops herd, leads it to the ocean
>Saviors splinter, asshole faction turns on the other communities
>Dwight and Negan get them back in line
>Negan fucks off
>Aaron and Jesus ambushed by the last few whisperers, Aaron kills Beta and they mop up the few left waiting on him to come back.

I think Kirkman is setting up for a civil war in the communities while Eugene and co are away doing things with The Commonwealth. Since #146 Rick seems to be losing more and more allies and I think it will be leading up to an "Et tu, Brutus?" type betrayal in #200. The problem isn't the other communities but Rick himself, he's too batshit insane with being power hungry and feeling the need to be on top. If Rick isn't betrayed by the other communities and murdered I think he'll at least try and topple The Commonwealth either to make Alexandria the reigning power in America or so that he can be on top to inflate his own ego. I still kind of hope the aliens are the finale villains.

>reigning power in america
>basically a half constructed suburb

you are joking, but it will go EXACTLY that way

This show just needs to end already. Season 8 SHOULD be the last, Negan is defeated, have a flash forward to a new world with Alexandria a bustling town with farms and shit, and then end it all. No need to continue this bullshit any longer because it's completely pointless, even the ratings say so.

where is Negan at the end?

who will challenge Rick ikn the civil war?

That would seriously be the best possible ending for the series. Kirkman probably would love the idea of teasing the ending at the near beginning of the story as “a joke.”

With how weird the whole coming back after people die no matter what and it coming out of literally nowhere to infect everyone on the planet is, it makes way way more sense for it to either be alien or supernatural/religious

If it’s not Greys or God I’ll be bummed.

Final scene should be government soldiers observing rick and co and then a fade to black.

Everyone. Dwight hates him because reasons, Maggie is pissed he's keeping Negan around when practically all the communities want him dead. William himself has probably aligned with Maggie, which is probably going to result in the death of Negan since William did ask Maggie if she needed anything he'd take care of it a couple issues ago.

That’s going to be expanded on next issue. He went off on his own to live alone, because Maggie is chimping out about Negan being free, and Rick coming around to him and basically being friends now. Maggie sent the guy trying to getinto her pants, Dante, to follow Negan and spy on him. Last Negan was seen, Dante was watching him break down in tears saying goodbye to his wife while burying Lucille (the bat) in a proper grave in lieu of Lucille (his wife who died of cancer during the initial outbreak he couldn’t bring himself to put down after coming back).

Hopefully Dante just tells Maggie to let it go, because he’s a decently cool character as well. If it went down any other way, i.e. Dante attacks Negan the conclusion of it would just be shitty writing.

>Dante manages to kill Negan somehow despite Negan being elevated to a DBZ level last arc
>Negan kills Dante and makes Maggie REEEEE harder

Either one is terrible

lol you know it will be max retarded drama outcome, so Negan kills him

True. Kirkman is not a bright writer. He’s written a great, reasonable (for the setting), tragic now-hero in Negan, but he always takes the most retarded routes with conflict continuity, and in this case it’ll probably make no sense with Negan’s character now.

So, is this group basically just the Enclave?

looks like it yeah

It’s either going to be the Enclave or they’re institute “lel science bitch!” faggots with their shiny new hi tech stuff. Either way, especially with a name like “the Commonwealth,” they’re coming off like Kirkman copy and pasting some stuff he saw playing fallout.

I want the whisperer arc so we can trigger the sjw bitches with the rape scenes

How much rape is in the whisperer arc? Is it edgy just for the sake of it?

Fuck fallout 4

that was before this season had the worst ratings so far though

>edgelords ready and waiting for whisperer rape scenes

At least kirkman really hit the nail on the head there

A lot and yes, extremely edgy. It's free for all basically, even the female leader lets others rape her daughter.

sjws will melt

There’s only an attempted scene, and Negan shuts it down real quick and later massacres them, group leader included. Other than that it’s just alluded to and recounted.

Half of this is nonsense.

>Rick only goes full Goebbels after being advised by Negan
>Negan isn't released by Rick, some punk with a grievance busts him out so they can rat on Rick to the Whisperers. Negan kills the punk.
>he didn't chimp out, he killed Alpha calmly to please Rick
>he didn't solo any Whisperers, he slid away in the night before they figured out what had happened

Anyone seen #176's cover, that's definitely Stephanie sitting in the chair, right?

I would be completely fine with Negan dying next issue since he has no character arc left. Killing him off while introducing the next A Larger World 2.0 storyline would be pure pottery.
What do you think New World Order's version of Negan is going to be like?