Finally catching up on ORVILLE, just finished the artifical world episode, felt like a classic TNG episode...

Finally catching up on ORVILLE, just finished the artifical world episode, felt like a classic TNG episode. Does the show keep staying good?
The sex change baby episode annoyed me because sci-fi shows always pull a "im human so i cant respect your alien culture because its wrong to me" trope.

also are they any epsiodes I should skip since i'm 7 behind? is there continunity?

bump

>The sex change baby episode annoyed me because sci-fi shows always pull a "im human so i cant respect your alien culture because its wrong to me" trope.
That is head and shoulders above any other episode that has aired, you fucking tasteless faggot.

Honestly, OP just keep going. It does stay pretty good I think.

Majority Rule is arguably the best episode

After a weak as fuck pilot it actually becomes a better trek' than Sexually Transmitted Disease. Stick with it.

t.sippycup

If you start watching the episode and it becomes clear that it's about the relationship between the captain and his ex-wife, run.

I dunno, the fact that the ONE female they managed to find living in the mountains just happened to not only be an exceptionally intellect, but secretly famous and respected under a pseudonym was a huge ass-pull which only existed to make them as unambiguously correct as possible, which is lazy as fuck and reeks of agenda.

This show is weird. It starts off as literally Family Guy in space then 4 or 5 episodes in goes from almost 100% humor to 20% humor 80% seriousness. Seth has made a weird fucking show but it works.

>I don't like it therefore it is a conspiracy
Fucking faggot.

Is The Orville the Dark Souls of Star Trek?

just watch and form your opinion

>Orval

>The sex change baby episode annoyed me because sci-fi shows always pull a "im human so i cant respect your alien culture because its wrong to me" trope.

That was also a very classic TNG plot. In fact, you could drop Bortus on the Enterprise-D and almost nothing would change.

It was also better-executed than the infamous "Tell me about your sexual organs, Commander" episode.

gets better each ep

>Orval

why would you skip next episode comes out in 3 days. Next week you'll be caught up

I realize that was a homage to the same shot in the original Star Trek pilot but actually having a glass window up there seems dumb af.

>having a glass window up there seems dumb af
It looks gorgeous.

There is no new episode this week due to Thursday being Thanksgiving.

STD has the normies and the shills and The Orville Kino has the memes and Sup Forums. The Orville will ALWAYS win

Yes it looks nice until someone shoots it out and the entire bridge crew dies from explosive decompression.

Fuck me.

You need windows to look outside. If you have no windows, then Commander Shepard will walk right to your airlock unnoticed. Geth don't learning, do they?

It's just the same material as the rest of the ship only a frequency machine sets it to a quantum state of amorphous and aligned. The frequency is so high it retains both traits including transparency

It's even worse when you realize we only have 2 new episodes left before the season is over.

i know its a plot thats been done before i just dont understand why they couldnt understand another alien's customs.

>On Vulcan we fight for our mates its been that way for centuries
>well i'm a human and we dont do that so I wont let you do that either

The latest episode was very Trek like and the jokes were toned down, there's one delivery about hobo clowns that got me though.

Yea what a really stupid fucking acronym to paste all over the place. Put me off altogether, should I give STD a chance or stick with watching the Orville only? Hmmmmmmmmm

you've got to be kidding me. that was the worst episode of the entire fucking season. i nearly quit the show.

>sex change
>the alien actually brings up how circumcision is wrong

BASED

Just like real Trek, the quality of the show fluctuates from abysmal to awesome. The only bad theme running through the show is pop culture references to current things. Also I think the show would be better if Seth McFarlane wasn't in it himself. A good comedic actor could really elevate the overall quality but then again no one would ever be good enough for Seth.

As long as it manages to rip off TNG as good as it does now, I'll keep watching.

when i first started watching the show the dialogue felt like what you'd hear if you were watching trek with your bros. im glad they toned it down later on

I don't think it's that absurd that a reclusive Moclan who was told she was born to be different by her parents for her whole life and who lived in isolation could be a great writer/artist, especially when their society pushes everyone into industry or the military.

Yup, same here. Between that and the less than stellar Chalize Theron episode, I was almost done.

This show is the definition of mediocre. What the fuck is in the water supply to get everyone sucking this shit's dick? And don't give me that shit about loving TOS and TNG and how this is like them. Don't insult those shows like that. I can't believe some brainlets actually compare the shitty gender court episode to Data's court episode, as if they're even in the same league in terms of writing quality. There's more to good writing than a just premise.

plebbit loves this trash. What does that say about the state of Sup Forums?

the sex change episode ended with them respecting the alien traditions though. i was very pleasantly surprised

That our taste influences our retarded little step brother

Measure of a Man was infintely better than this sex change epsode

I like it.