Anton Chigurh: Don't put it in your pocket. Don't put it in your pocket. It's your lucky quarter

>Anton Chigurh: Don't put it in your pocket. Don't put it in your pocket. It's your lucky quarter.
>Gas Station Proprietor: Where do you want me to put it?
>Anton Chigurh: Anywhere not in your pocket. Or it'll get mixed in with the others and become just a coin. ...Which it is.

Redpill me on this dialogue.

>I've seen coins you people wouldn't believe

There's no difference between that quarter or any other loose change in his pockets. It only becomes "special" if he attributes some arbitrary value to it.

This.
>If you worship a rock, even it will become holy.
>t. ancient Chinese wisdom

Was he autistic?

The quarter signified Anton's decision, based on the flip of the coin, not to kill the man. The outcome of the coin determined whether the man lived or died. Since the outcome of the flip insured the man's life, the quarter then became a symbol of luck for the man because he did not die.

Call it

>quiet
>drives a car
Possibly.

even

fuckkk

He didn't have enough money for gas so used the art of distraction.

He reaffirms his own beliefs/code or shuvs guilt through the coin. It's not his own will to kill people you see, it's the coin's.

It's the same reason whore's suck/fuck but don't kiss, that way they feel that they're still keeping some dignity.

dubs

And adding to that the coin scenes might imply some deeper meaning to the character but he's still a crazed psycho. He kills atleast 4 or 5 'innocents' throughout the movie without hesitation or a coinflip.

>redpill me

It's the quarter that determined the fate of his life.
Imagine how depressed Anton would be if that just became another coin that no one knew about, lost and wasted.
JUST LIKE THE MONEY CHIGURH IS AFTER THE ENTIRE FILM

Save these repeating digits. Don't let them mix in with the others and become just regular posts... which they are.

check these dubs you autistic faget

he means the coin itself is only currency because like says this country has assigned some arbitrary value to a slice of nickel. he's simply given this inanimate object a more profound currency (one that surpasses microeconomic transactions, the wager was death and both of them knew it).

to put the coin back in his pocket would essentially be like losing a one hundred in a stack of monopoly money

what value do give to the world once you realize it has no inherent meaning? You can look at what other people see in it or you create your own through experience

He was insane. Scenes like this always try and push some profound message to retards, but it doesn't change the fact that he was going to murder someone over literally nothing.

>redpill me

fuck off nigger

So he was depressed that the money he was after was stolen by some random Mexicans which means there's no chance of him ever finding it again?

You have to read The Crossing to understand it. Not even kidding.

Personally, I make a point of using "redpill" as obnoxiously as possible so that people get tired of it and come to really despise Sup Forums.

He found the money in the air vent after Moss died

I dont think that scene was about the Federal Reserve

No he was depressed that all that money would be lost in time
like c-beams

Anton desperately wanted the man to understand what had just happened to him, to understand the point Anton was trying to make, even to understand anything at all rather than shrugging and moving on in blithe habitual ignorance. This did not occur, and Anton descends into doublespeak in frustration before leaving.

he's saying you should live your life a quarter mile at a time

kek, underrated

trips

It's a coin

k

lmao

What's the real story? Don't leave me hanging.

On August 17th, 2014, The Guardian published an article about protesters in St. Louis, Missouri who came out in support of Darren Wilson, the police officer who fatally shot teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri earlier that month. The article referred to a man named Martin Baker as the sole black member of the crowd. The same day, a thread titled “Meet the one black man that showed up at the rally for the cop that killed Mike Brown” was submitted to the Lipstick Alley Forums, which highlighted a photograph of Baker holding a Darren Wilson T-shirt. In the thread, forum member original w. harris posted another photograph of Baker, in which he is shown holding his cellphone up to his ear

>Scenes like this try to push some profound message
This wasnt trying to push anything profound you flock of shit birds.

correct

The Jews wrote it.

I'd be angry too if I were a black guy without an ounce of sense.

I'm white though so I'm pretty happy.

Or maybe it's our society's fault for defining someone who behaves differently as "insane."

Ouch.

Edgy psychopath fucking with someone for the lulz. Most of them do this.

No, most of them just kill people.

Underated quads and underated actual meaning

Under ated? Like someone who doesn't eat enough?

>not posting the webm

Thanks for this. Got any other webms from that movie you can share?

I don't have all the stuff I watn to webm from it but I have the entire cointoss scene but other stuff, mostly early in the film.

>murder someone over literally nothing
Forced small talk is worthy of murder.

This is the biggest myth surrounding psychopaths, you dipshit. I hope your post was ironic.

please step out of the thread sir

Anton Chigurh is an elemental. His element is nihilistic anarchy. He prevents NCFOM from being a cowboy story.

Every time he shows up he ruins what otherwise would have been a stereotypical scene between two or more stereotypical characters. Imagine how the story would have gone if he wasn't in it.

>Moss finds two million $ in a shooting scene
>steals it
>now the Mexican cartel is tracking him
>meanwhile Bell is tracking the cartel
>Moss and the cartel eventually face off
>ending 1: Moss escapes with the money
>ending 2: Cartel wrecks Moss
>ending 3: Bell catches one or two of them
>ending X: a combination between ending 3 and any other one.

Chigurh is there to literally ruin the story. He even escapes after almost dying and getting caught by the police so the viewer wouldn't get the sense of justice he was used to with stereotypical stories.

Did I mention that No Country is my all-time favorite movie after only two viewings?

Psychopaths killing people is a "myth"?