So what do you think this actually is?

So what do you think this actually is?

I know that people have been throwing around the phrase "Back to Basics", but do you think that this will actually result in a status quo that is closer to 2014-ish? Or do you think that this will just be another shitty event that results in a "new" status quo that no one cares about?

In the case of the latter (which I'm really leaning toward), do you think Marvel will have ANYTHING to please old fans? DC launched rebirth by teasing Wally's return; does Marvel even have an equivalent?

Also, is there anyone here who is satisfied with current marvel? What do you think about this event?

The best guess I have heard is that it is leading into the thing in the fall that is called Make Mine Marvel and it is Marvel pulling the rip cord and Rebirthing it

You guys think Ross enjoys working on these? I mean, other than the prospect of getting paid?

I have to assume he just doesn't give a shit about marvel. He really hates drawing modern DC costumes.

The only personnel change I've heard of is Lemire leaving, so it certainly doesn't seem like anything should be different.

Status quo isn't really the problem. Even if the main heroes are back in their mantles they'll still be written by shitty creators. A Hellcat book should have never allowed her to be written like a middle school child especially when she was recently portrayed in a mature role on a Netflix show. Marvel's problem is talent not story.

It's just going to be a book about older characters approving of their legacies, that's it.

>Marvel's problem is talent not story.
No matter how many different versions of this thread we have, this point always remains true.

Until Marvel cleans house and hires some strong, competent editors and good creative talent, it's all going to be the same old shit as it has been for years.

It's going to be Marvel having its cake and eating it too.

Most of the old heroes will come back in their classic roles, IE, original Thor with a hammer, Tony Stark in the armor, etc, and their titles will get renumbered to "classic" numbering by combining the issue counts of every series they've had.

But the legacy heroes will stick around too, and have their own titles. So Riri will get an Ironheart comic, Jane Foster will have a separate Thor book, etc.

In theory, all the people who have been bitching about legacy heroes should have nothing to complain about.

In practice, they will still complain.

>not liking Hellcat

Why should [insert legacy hero name] have a book while [insert d-list character I like] doesn't!? I mean fuck teenage Jean!

Marvel's actual problem is that something other than the comics is doing better than the comics for the first time in forever on a scale also unprecedented.

So the comics are no longer primary and therefore matter and mean less. Which leads to creators not trying as hard because the stakes are lower.

You can see it line wide in how low sales figures are getting which earlier Marvel would have cancelled those books well before they got that low.

Fuck the teen x-men though, seriously.

They gave ICEMAN A SOLO. ICEMAN!

Only because they forced a political agenda on him.

Who would you have go back to marvel? I honestly can't think of anyone I'd want writing a marvel book who isn't already tied up somewhere else.

>Why should [insert legacy hero name] have a book while [insert d-list character I like] doesn't!?

IT'S NOT FAIR!

>So what do you think this actually is?

they all get raped by their respective mentors

Retreads are part of the problem. They need new blood and more importantly they need to support it when they get it.

More Bemis, less Bendis

Jean on Jean rape. Please stop, my dick can only get so turgid

Thats a cool pic i wish i didnt hate most of the legacy characyers on it

Some characters go back to their costumes. Some are timelost or else.

Spiderman is regular peter, nova is back so he goes back to his old costume. Tony wakes up and goes back to his old costume. Same for hawkeye.

Jean comes back to life. Maybe wolvie too.

Hulk, cap, thor, are time displaced versions from waids book.. While the marvels are prob clones.

Less sjws stuff.

caped comics is a flat circle. everything that's ever been done or will do will go on over and over again. and that stale continuity and that variant cover they’re gonna be be printed again. And again. and again. forever.

I dont think I want Jean and Wolvie back at the same time

Some jerk will put them together as a couple and I´ll rage

>In theory, all the people who have been bitching about legacy heroes should have nothing to complain about.
>In practice, they will still complain.

The problems I have with the legacy characters are:

1. Many of them are young, so they represent the young or new generation of heroes. Which would be fine except that they get so much focus and young original non-legacy heroes get little to no attention these days. I would prefer a generation of young heroes that's a mix of original heroes as well as legacy, instead of one that's almost entirely legacy.

2. Some of them just come as derivative versions of their mantles. Miles and Riri would probably be better off establishing their own superhero identities (Yes I know that Riri's superhero name is Ironheart but come on we all know she's just female Iron Man. Didn't even change the colors.).

3. Some of them just suck. Like Miles. Yeah I know it sounds like contradicting myself since I said he should establish his own superhero identity in the previous point but the truth is I'd really rather he just go away. He's one of, if not the most bland, boring, and derivative character I've ever seen.

Go to bed Scott.

Some have been speculating that it's not an event but instead a mini-series, perhaps a spiritual successor to Marvels (even though Marvels already has a sequel).

Jeff Parker