How the fuck didn't Truman figure it out sooner?

How the fuck didn't Truman figure it out sooner?

Truman show would only make sense if there were more than one Truman.

>"we accept the reality of the world with which we are presented"

For the same reason you haven't figured out you're just going to die and that everything is literally pointless and has no meaning whatsoever. It's delusion and cognitive dissonance.

He was born there. He didnt know anything else. Its a wonder he figured it out at all

Truman doesn't exist.

Did Australians watch it? They'd literally just be watching him sleep everyday

If you figure it out they just diagnose you with schizophrenia and reinforce the exits.

your life could be a tv show and you wouldn't know it

>it's a truman says he'll be productive for once but instead spends his whole day masturbating episode
getting sick of them repeating this one

They watched reruns

>Literally never knew anything else
>actively discouraged from ever traveling/exploring
>blind, willfully or otherwise, to the various attempts from outside to clue him into the secret
>kind of an idiot

Also what said

My younger brother and I were able to convince our older brother that his life was the Truman Show. We'd only discuss it with him when and where the "mics" and "cameras" couldn't get us. It took us all week but we finally did it. He believed us and thought his life was a tv show. We let it go on for about a day or so before finally breaking the news to him.

Except in Truman's case, that girl LITERALLY spilled the beans and told him he was on TV when he was a teen and he just ignored her.

>that episode where Truman just stares blankly at the wall lost in existential dread at the bleak hopelessness of mere existence itself

Not sure what demographic they were aiming for there

I just didnt understand the end.
The entire point was that he DIDN'T know he was on a show. It would have been over either way once he found out.

Instead the head guy tried to convince him to stay, knowing full well the show would never be the same.

Didn't make sense.

Because you are presented with two options
>1. That one girl is crazy
>2. The entire world and everyone you know is part of a huge conspiracy to control everything around you as a prank
Which are you more likely to believe?

because like reality doesnt exist man we're just energy moving and oscillating dude

>That season where Truman did nothing but play Warcraft all day

The show was a cashcow, plus the head dude had his whole god complex to feed. It was a last ditch attempt to salvage the whole project

Nah.
There's no way they'd make a Sup Forums show where the main character spends several hours a day masturbating to japanese cartoon diaper pictures.

It's the conceit of the film.

It wouldn't be the same but who's to say that world is any less real? He still has a wife and friends and a job. He could still live an ideal life that the rest of the world could aspire to.

That's not what they intended. It just ended up being what you do all day.

What's it like being 15?

Your show got cancelled. Everyone you ever knew is looking for replacement work. They'll disappear one by one with no explanation and you'll be left in a decaying, empty world.

>it’s a Truman runs out of lotion mid-fap and has to drive to Walgreens with an erection episode again

They can still control Truman. Force his wife to have sex with him all the time, have his friends invite him out to do shit, whatever they need to. They can give him whatever he needs to be happy.

>we accept the reality in which we are presented

It literally tells you in the movie

Sup Forums also spilled the beans but youre still delusional

Everyone hold your horses, this guy has figured it all out. Whelp, i guess the jig is up. Congratulations, I can't believe nobody came up with your shallow nihilistic interpretation of the world yet. It goes to show what kind of highly intelligent person you are! Did I say person? I meant collection of tissue forming a complex structure which has the capacity to do nothing of importance and die. Hey, have you watched Richard and Mortimer yet? It's a great show, maybe not quite on your level of intellect, but I think you'll like it. Shit, look at the time! I'm late for my rape and killing spree! Did I say rape and killing spree? I meant putting meaningless mass of metal and flesh into unsuspecting bodies of tissue. I'll tell my grandkids about our encounter though! I think it's a once in a lifetime experience to meet someone like you, the smartest person alive! Did I say grandkids? I meant grown sperm and egg balls made by my sperm and my wife's egg balls. Come to think of it, I might as well fucking kill myself because nothing matters anyway! What a fabulous insight! I mean it's not like I'm purposely avoiding my human responsibility and capacity for good by making up a shallow philosophy which immediately falls apart the moment you realise the human experience is the most valueable thing imaginable. Goodbye.

>that girl LITERALLY spilled the beans and told him he was on TV when he was a teen

And you would instantly believer her? A girl tells you that everyone you know is just an actor playing a part and that you're a reality TV show actor but you're the only one who doesn't know it. Truman had every plausible reason not to believe her.

high school nihlist btfo

>it's a Truman complains about his life on the internet instead of working towards fixing it arc

>show fostered his fear of water
>everyone he knew discouraged him from traveling
>when he tried to travel, there would always be some freak accident that would prevent him from leaving

He eventually caught on when he got older, but to immediately assume that because you can't travel and your wife talks like an infomercial, that you're on a TV show is a huge stretch and borders on being mentally unstable.

>deluding yourself and going to work every morning at 5am sharp like an ant constitutes being an adult
Good one.
>I might as well fucking kill myself because nothing matters anyway
Yes, if it weren't for millennial of evolutionary pressure to succeed, this would be the logical conclusion to take. The fact that you don't is because the brain has evolved to survive. That you consider the reality of the situation as "shallow" only shows how much you're a slave to your instincts.
>you realise the human experience is the most valueable thing imaginable
None of what you wrote proves so, and fact argues against it, as you point out the fictitious nature of social constructs. "Human experience" is in the fact completely worthless and pertains solely to the individual, ergo why anecdotes aren't taken seriously, and the brain constantly skews objectivity and facts with its inherent nature to gravitate towards bias.

>the moment you realise the human experience is the most valueable thing imaginable

Was doing okay until you shit the bed with this one.Adding it to my epic pasta folder nevertheless :3

Lol I'm not going to argue with you about this. Look, tell you what. I'm gonna finish my school, get married to a woman I love, have children, tell the truth, do what's right, make an honest living, make the world better than it would be without me, go to church, love my community, love my country, praise my Lord and die knowing I lived my life honestly, justly, true and right. And you can grab your dad's shotgun, shout "wubbalubbadubdub" and kill yourself. How does that sound?

>that season where truman became an alcoholic
>it started out innocently with a few beers in the evening but eventually he was blacking out every night
>truman started driving drunk to work and the producers had to total his car, stringing along reason why the insurance wouldn't cover it
>truman started drinking on the bus and showing up to work completely sloshed
>all the actors on the show were clearly uncomfortable
>season ends with the US govt re-instituting prohibition
>that season cliffhanger where truman starts making his own still

Pretty dark desu but I'm glad he's finally sober.

would the world really be better without , user?

Based adult, destroying the child poster.

except she did it in the worst way imaginable. How dumb do you have to be to infiltrate the show and not have prepared what you're actually going to say to him to tell him the truth.

Not if he would get his act together. But honestly, if you disrespect life to the core as much as teenage nihilists and don't grow out of it, you're candidate for Dante's deepest hell as far as I'm concerned. And I wouldn't mourn you, to say the least.

>Lol I'm not going to argue with you about this
So you forfeit. I'm not surprised, given you can only resort to a strawman. The fact is, even if you disagree with my worldview, many people have dedicated their work to interpreting and discussing the meaning of life, both for and against nihilism. So despite what opinion you may have formed, if you cannot argue for it, you're not right.
>Look, tell you what
You will die like everyone else, and live life in a span so insignificant to the universe that it won't even be felt on any scale.

Jesus you're a massive faggot

Lol this fucking faggot.
>Muh planets are more important than me

As a former agoraphobic, i didn't go far from 15 Km from home.

Truman had it so it's understandable.

>How does that sound?

That you cannot conceive possibilities that your child may die, your wife may cheat on you or you will never find the woman you could love, your Lord will be silent to you, your country may fight unjust wars and your community may be distant and cold.

That is the reality many people live. You have ideology of person who is either young or lives in bubble of prosperity. You have no right to judge others because you know nothing.

>my life is significant in the slightest
Imagine being so deluded to believe this.

The question I have always had about the Truman show is

If Truman has been there since birth have millions of people watched Truman masturbate when he was younger?

Why wasn't' this show banned? it's clearly child abuse.

That's not an argument. That's saying you shouldn't try to live admirably because things might go bad. Tough luck, sunshine, stop making excuses and don't be such a pussy. I've had hardships you know nothing about, and in some sense I'm glad I did. As for the silence of God, my beliefs are to complicated for 2000 characters, but I don't expect Him to speak to me. I want him to guide me, which He has done.

Jim enjoys the attention.

If it's significant to me and the people around me, who gives a fuck about what Jupiter think of it?

I want to see this in a movie. Nice plot.

how haven't any of you figured it out yet?

How come we never get movies like truman show and fight club anymore?

It's not the most lucrative strategy anymore.

>still in secondary school
>trying to lecture other people on life

Because that's all he knew, his whole life. What would he have to compare it to?

Although it does seem pretty odd for a dude not to ever want to leave his city, but maybe they drugged him for like special vacation episodes where they put him on a plane.

>no goy! jupiter is your greatest ally!

post-modernism is an easy genre to work with but hard for people to like

He's not a faggot. His point of view is not intrinsically wrong.
He is just miserable.

The prologue said they made a law where a corporation can literally buy someone's life (in this case, a newborn Truman) and do whatever they want with it. Presumably they had the pull to change standard laws as well

>that time you finished the entire RoC and TFT campaign then go B.net the entire month to improve your skills
>the only reason you stopped was when you got scrubbed by a human shitter who dropped tanks in the middle of your base and destroyed your tier 3 tree.

I might as well be Truman at that point in my lfie.

>It's a truman realizes if some kike hadn't cut off his dicktube he'd be able to masturbate without spending more money and time buying lotion for the sole purpose of whacking his weiner

>its a truman questions the holocaust episode

Truman is basically the normalfag Chad.
Everyone wants him, everyone is nice to him. He lives in an artificial bubble his whole life and doesn't begin questioning things until he gets bored.
If he was a virgin retard nerd, he would have exposed everything while still in high school.

I have to wonder if at the parts where somebody is trying to shill some product, Truman would ever say "that brand of cereal is shit, never buy it again" and how sponsors are supposed to react.

Why do teen nihilists with zero responsibility use it as an excuse to convince others nihilism is "right?" Simultaneously, they're virgin' it up by whinging on the catabolic nigerian duck forum instead of doing literally anything else with their valueless time.

>it's either crushing depression or being a delusional retard who needs to be beaten to death with a shovel
Shouldn't you be "redpilling" people about jews you faggot?

I'd ask you to be careful with that edge, but it's clear you've cut yourself so deep it's already given you braindamage.

So for one day you played a fooly on your brother,a child.
Awesome.
I had my neice believe if she didn't go to sleep early enough,she would become a munchkin.
Check and mate,pleb.

Oh Sup Forums never change.

Why do christians need to spend so much time posturing over what good fucking people they are even though they're on average just as hypocritical and selfish as everyone else?