Thor Ragnarok

>Hela is revealed to be imprisoned for a very long time, and Odin's absence allowed Hela to escape her imprisonment
>Hela is after pieces of a very powerful weapon
>Odin is in care of Dr. Bruce Banner
>Odin reveals that he divided the weapon into four pieces which is all possessed by asgardians
>one of which is Thor's hammer, Mjolnir
>Thanos is rumored to make an appearance

What do you think of it? Anyone else think that Hela is Death, as in Thanos' death and that when Ragnarok ends, and Thor beleives that he has prevented it, Thanos will arrive to Asgard via the tesseract with his army and annihilate it for Hela?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n9DwoQ7HWvI
youtube.com/watch?v=FRivqBxbHRs
youtu.be/uU-HXF44s1Q?t=3m9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nother mcguffin?

Be honest Sup Forums, after the success of Logan, are you hyped for Ragnarok, Gotg, JL at all? Logan really set up a high bar there

Not really as far as entertainment goes. Logan was good for a gritty old man but Ragnarok is for the fans
GotG is for the kids
GL is gonna try and be for the fans but I'm having trouble with figuring how they'll handle everyone that isn't Batman or superman.

You left out WW btw

I'm not super hype but I'm also not comparing it to Logan because that movie scratches a different itch than this one would aim to and so I don't consider them to really be in competition.
Different properties give you different things -or at least they're supposed to.
Having said that, of the remaining comic book movies this year I think I'm looking forward to GotG and maybe Spider-man.

>Another "collect the pieces/macguffin" plot

At this point these aren't even movies as much as products. Comic book movies are the ultimate Monkey's Paw.

They can have all my money just for getting Jeff Goldblum to look like this.

Fuck me that's incredible

>Goldblum as baby vegeta

Cant make this shit up

>being impressed by that when Cate Blanchett looks like this

>At this point these aren't even movies as much as products.

This is the most retarded comment of the day.

Literally the dragon balls.

Holy shit its Earthling era David Bowie.

That looks Hela cheap for a movie of this kind, but a raven-haired goth Cate Blanchett is easily the most fappable thing I've seen in a while.

>Hela cheap
I kek'd

>Same makeup as the Collector
Will all the Elders look like this? Will we get any other Elders?

I'm looking forward to most of the upcoming MCU movies,other than Deadpool haven't seen an X-Men movie since Wolverine: Origins

and frankly even in comics I consider the Justice League one of the least interesting facets of it

actually, errata on the first; I'm tepid about SM: Homecoming. I can't shake this vibe that its gonna be the cinematic equivalent of a filler episode compared to what they do with spidey post-infinity war

as long as she gets her helmet i dont see any problem

Maybe it's the makeup or Photoshop but she looks younger than in LOTR and much younger than in Ridley Scott's Robin Hood.

Sounds like shit

>nother mcguffin?
nah, just the next gem

Why does the MCU look so consistently low rent?

Justice League? No. Guardians and Thor, yes. Spider-Man no.

collector and gamemaster are actually from the same race arnt they, so i understand their similarities

ego is technically one i think but idk about in the mcu

the idea is they are eldars because they are the last of their entire races in the universe, so i would think the rest are a bit different

most of the MCU directors other than the Russos film way more footage than could possibly fit into the final cut. since they're blowing so much money by creating more work for the entire crew. they gotta lower production costs elsewhere. like buy building as few sets as possible since there's a high risk that at the end of the day every scene in a given set could end up on the cutting room floor,

because they know everyone will see it anyway

Justice League extremely yes. It's got the forces of Apokolips, Atlantis, Themyscira, Superman's resurrection, possible Speed Force shenanigans, and Batgod, all shot in glorious SnyderVision.

>most of the MCU directors other than the Russos film way more footage than could possibly fit into the final cut. since they're blowing so much money by creating more work for the entire crew. they gotta lower production costs elsewhere. like buy building as few sets as possible since there's a high risk that at the end of the day every scene in a given set could end up on the cutting room floor,

But then why do the Russos ones look the worst?

>actually from the same race arnt they
They're not. The Elders of the Universe are each from different species, and each of them are the last of their kind since everyone else went exinct billions of years ago. They consider themselves to be brothers because they share the Power Primordial and they've known each other for so long.

they just don't have an eye for art.

And it'll all suck.

If Waiti is the first director to nail Kirby's aesthetic in LA I will sick many dicks.
We got a tease of Ditko Strange but we need more.

If I see a Kirby krackle I'll kream

Says you, turkey.

Looks asian. What's with ancient ones and Chinese themed clothes?

That's 1 picture without movie magic

>And it'll all going to rock.

Fixed.

is hela mcu death?

Because good movies aren't about budget

>She is 50 years old
MY FUCKING DICK

t. DCshill.

They balanced out superman and batman so well. I have high hopes too

Why does everyone forget that Spider-Man:Homecoming is coming out too?

Because people are sick of Spider-man movie reboots?

Because everyone's burned out on Spider-Man and the trailer was boring garbage.

GOTG 2 & DC's captain marvel are the only superhero movies I'm really looking forward to and I'm cautiously optimistic about homecoming largely because I don't trust marvel to make a good spiderman movie

also i like logan too but it really shouldn't be a gold standard since not every cape character can fit logan's tone

Oh I'm sorry but I thought that people were busting a nut when Marvel got the rights back because now we can get a 'proper' Spidey now.

This isn't sarcasm btw I'm being serious the way people acted as if he was the second coming in Civil War made me believe that there was a lot of hype surround it.

>teenager movie for teenagers
Because I'm legitimately getting too old for this shit.

Well, casuals probably are hyped. But this is Sup Forums and we're different.

because "give the rights back = i want this character in the avengers"

that's why you have so many people wishing for FOX to give back xmen

So the weapons are the soul gem right? if its on Mjolnir is it safe to assume its on heimdall too?

Kids today are probably hyped for it because they can't remember a Spider-Man that had better production values than a Youtube skit.

youtube.com/watch?v=n9DwoQ7HWvI

LOW RENT SHIT, I guarantee 80% of the budget was for RDJ to cameo.

>80%

That's being generous.

>Thanos is rumored to make an appearance

Fuck fuck fuck. No one gives a fuck about Thor since you shit the bed so bad on the first two. Feige and Marvel can't do Thor so let Taiki do it without meddling. No forced references or cameos or set-ups or post-credit scenes that don't come organically from the story. Just leave Taika alone.

Even Gunn had to deal with that shot in his first film. It's so that even if the rest of the film flops it stI'll has value in the rest of the MCU.
Hopefully Ragnarok goes well and Thor 4/Taikas next MCU film has a bit more freedom like GotG2.

Imagine him on ROM or some other Kirby-esque cosmic film

My god. It's going to be the Power Rangers movie we're never going to get unless you're willing to learn Japanese or sit through subs.

>new thor movie
>see valkyrie is in
>it's pic related
Okay.

she dies anyway

RIP all possible discussion of this film on Sup Forums

Really? Wow, that's racist.

Eva Green would be a great Hela, but Cate is fine too.

>Really? Wow, that's racist.

Please stop

Tessa Thompson is hot as fuck though.

Hela isn't Death, or even a Goddess of Death, she's merely a jailor/underworld being/god.

anyways, if they do it right, Death will never, ever say a single word to Thanos, and he'll be basically the only person to see her.

>that QT in asgardian gear

where's the problem

Thor Ragnarok's plot has been announced as so many different things, I'm confused what it'll even be about!

they should make Hela incredibly fucking flamboyant, like video related, we need a "female david bowie" goddess.

youtube.com/watch?v=FRivqBxbHRs

>It's so that even if the rest of the film flops it stI'll has value in the rest of the MCU.

Ensure that the movie is shit so that it can sell tickets for the next movie that we will ensure is also shit while making a billion in ticket sales and maerchandising

First she was a red headed queen in Elizabeth.
Then she was a blonde queen in Lord of the rings.
Now she is a raven hair queen of Hell in this.

What other hair color queen performances are you excited for Cate?

he left out WW too. the next billion dollar blockbuster

10/10 improvement over the bland comic version.

> it's a Sup Forums judges a film based on stills and not motion and will get blown the fuck out again episode
you think you fags would learn by now

>WB
>Ever getting a movie that makes a billion

Future Past fucking sucked though

There is an insane amount of hype for Homecoming, but not on Sup Forums.
youtu.be/uU-HXF44s1Q?t=3m9s
Also, the /marvelstudios/ reddit.

Like, people are STUPIDLY excited for Homecoming, and I think the red flags are all there. First of all, things like web gliders preview made people go nuts. Some people are claiming that Homecoming will be the highest grossing MCU film, if not film alone this year. And I can't help but see the signs of worry, like
>>High School comedy and scenarios
>>The film overly reliant on the Avengers/Iron Man
>>Spider-Man's motivation for stopping the Vulture is to impress Tony
And I think the big one is how little Sony is showing. GOTG 2 and even Thor Ragnarok are presenting a lot of behind the scenes stuff, and their directors are even freely talking to their fans about ideas and inspirations. Homecoming has been closed doors, outsides some people snapping unofficial set photos. I've had this argument, and people go "As long as they get Spider-Man right, it's gonna be good", which is the problem. Spider-Man didn't rise to fame because he was a quipping Michael Cera, it was the world of Spider-Man and the supporting cast that really helped. Spider-Man Homecoming is a film that is going to disappoint a lot of people because it will end up being average at most.

no. I mean, I'll watch GOTG since I liked the first one, but that's it. idk if Logan killed the genre for me or if I'm just getting tired of the same shit over and over again.

Also to tag onto this, fans are claiming that the Vulture will be the MCU villain to break the bad villain streak. I'm being serious, people think the Vulture is going to be an amazing villain, the guy who robs banks with a bird costume.

he did good in sinister six

I dunno, if you'd have gone back 10 years ago and told me that the upcoming Iron Man movie would turn the character into probably the 4th or 5th most beloved superhero on the planet after Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and debatably Wolverine I would have said you were talking shit.

Hell, the Guardians of the Galaxy are now known and loved by normies everywhere

I mean I doubt it will break the bad villain streak, but it's not like the unexpected hasn't happened before.

Warning colored SJW queen in Refugees Welcome - The Movie

I'm hyped for Dr. Strange. I'm liking these mini-appearances they started doing since Ant-Man. It doesn't derail the plot and gives us a taste of fanservice.

It looks as goofy as the other mcu family romps. My kids will dig it

I DEMAND R34 OF HER NOW!

Prety hyped to see the JL on the big screen, but I fear it will be just another capeshit movie

I don't think very much of it at all. Hemsworth is still playing thor, and this universe hasn't made me give a fuck about his character at all.

im right there with you bros

>implying Sup Forums isn't full of casuals

kys you special snowflake underage faggot

David Bowie was at times the female David Bowie

So disappointing

What a mistake

>marvelcucks will defend this

I hope it's better then Spider-Man:Downpour

Don't care. MCU is shit.

>"As long as they get Spider-Man right, it's gonna be good"

Spider-man fans only care about Peter, and they only like him when he's a poor high school nerd who also inexplicably gets all the girls. The character is just not very versatile and fans don't like to see different takes on him.

I'm not sure you really understand what normies knowing a character entails. Just because they watch a movie doesn't mean it makes any impact on them at all.

I legimately hate that movie now for the sole reason of copying the Breakfast club pose. Might as well include a Heroes by Bowie now that we're doing the stereotypical teenager movie

>just remember that the director said it was gonna be "John Hughes meets action movies"

Fuck this gay earth

This guy gets it

>Implying Eva Green won't be Death in IW

The Breakfast Club pose annoys me because, how the fuck are these other characters going to be as memorable as fucking Spider-Man? It's not like they have Ant-Man, Luis, TI and the other guy in Usual Suspect poses all the time.

Thing is, the world of Spider-Man is good, but this film has
>>No MJ
>>No Gwen
>>No JJJ
>>Ned Leeds pretty much being Ganke cause all heroes need a minority friend
>>Flash is not even physically intimidating

It's just baffling how much they're going to miss the mark, but people are cumming cause "Heeeeey, you're not the real Avengers". The fact that Uncle Ben's death won't be a part of it and Pete's constantly looking for Tony's approval makes it seem like Peter Parker is driven by stardom instead of guilt.

A film doesn't always need to pander to comicbook fans in order to be considered "good".

Ex: Logan.

Logan was great because they had a clear goal with the story.

Homecoming is a Spider-Man film trying to be different from the last two franchises and using Iron Man as a crutch.

>Not liking John Hughes

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME