America Gets A Second Chance – With Three Variant Covers

America #1 by Gabby Rivera and Joe Quinones, the comic starring Ms. America Chavez across time and space and dimensions has sold out from Marvel and has gone to second print – with three tier-free variant covers by Joe Quinones, Jamie McKelvie and Jeffrey Veregge, out for April 12th, the week after issue 2. bleedingcool.com/2017/03/09/america-gets-second-chance-three-variant-covers/

Lazy.

Hamiliton is so overrated, holy shit. Enough with the Hamiliton.

My LCS has a box of these sitting around and nobody is buying them apparently.

>April 12th
WHY MUST WE WAIT SO LONG?!

t. Drumpf and Pencel dick

Marvel overshipping still I see.

Blame Trump for giving it exposure.

It was big long before Trump blasted it. I remember my aunt and her daughter giving it endless praise a couple of Christmases ago.

>le spics pretending to be great white historical figures musical

Fuck New York.

Hamilton is the most casual safe hip hop shit ever

>America sold out
Did it really sell out or did Marvel just overship enough comics to stores to make it look like it sold out?

are cape comics ded?

When I glanced at the thumbnail I thought "second printing" was some sort of Arabic text...

As a non american i dont know why Hamilton is so popular.

I don't think you understand what overshipping means. Had it overshipped then it wouldn't have sold out and need a second printing because there'd be more copies on shelves than LCSs could actually sell.

>Did it really sell out or did Marvel just overship enough comics to stores to make it look like it sold out?
That's... not how overshipping works user. Overshipping is when Marvel sends shops MORE copies than they can sell, not less. That'd be undershipping, not overshipping.

Overshipping:
>LCS: Hey Marvel, we think we can sell 10 copies of this comic, so send us 10 copies.
>Marvel: OK, well, we're going to send you 15 copies instead but only charge you for 10.
>LCS: Well, thanks, but now I have 5 copies that I can't sell

Second Printing:
>LCS: Hey Marvel, we think we can sell 10 copies of this comic, so send us 10 copies.
>Marvel: OK, here's your 10 copies.
>LCS: Well shit, we sold the 10 copies, but it turns out we actually needed 15 copies so send us another 5.
>Marvel: OK, we'll do a second printing and send you 5 more.

Sup Forums BTFO

Do you, by chance, not like hip hop? Because I love it and I'm Irish, never even left Europe in my life.

>has sold out

Really? I thought it was the lowest selling books from a few weeks ago...

Not necessarily. It could easily just be a case of LCSes under-ordering. And either way, America has a solid fanbase and even I, someone that despises SJW shit, would have bought an America ongoing had it not turned out to be a steaming pile of shit.

And you wouldn't know it's a steaming pile of shit until after reading it. Someone who likes the character, finds out she got an ongoing, and then saw the fact that fucking every review of the book was "OMG 10/10 SO #SLAY" would assume that it's good enough to buy. Unfortunately, not everyone pirates their comics first to see what's worth getting.

Why would you assume that? It sold decently well digitally. Just because it was the shittiest comic released a few weeks ago doesn't mean it was the lowest selling.

This is a pretty good take on it. The real ballgame is going to be the sales for issue 2.

Eh, as per usual we won't actually get a good idea of how it's "selling" until it stabilizes which doesn't happen until around issues 3-4. Orders for issues 1 and 2 are always placed before the comic actually gets released so there's no time to readjust the orders do to demand (or lack thereof) on the LCS's part.

>As a non american i dont know why Hamilton is so popular.

Rap music for casuals. Hottest trends in race politics for the urban liberals. Founding Father wankery for the conservativeish USA USA USA crowd.

Maybe they printed low, and demand from the urban centers or digital was high enough? Also rave reviews from pro critics.

Some of the day 1 reports from stores were terrible.

I'm a spic and I find her annoying. I hate the "sassy latina" trope.

>Some of the day 1 reports from stores were terrible.
And some of them said that there was a lot of interest in the book. You shouldn't place too much stock in the ~7 stores that Rich Johnston uses for his weekly "sales" report because it's way too small of a sample size. In fact, you shouldn't place too much stock in ANYTHING Rich Johnston writes because most of it is baseless rumors, clickbait, and shit he pulled directly from Sup Forums.

So did I. Now I feel better about it.

Why is a black woman dressed in stars and stripes threatening to punch the reader?

Don't forget the Negro, user.

Your LCS bought them, that's all Marvel cares about.