Stinz Storytime

Today I'm sharing volume 3, issue 8 of the tale of Steinheld "Stinz" Löwhard, a halfhorse and veteran of the Great War.

This volume's arc mostly concerns the strange aftermath of the war and how it starts to intrude and change the idyllic Geisel valley forever.

Previous thread: When Stinz returned from the war, he was carrying a machine pistol which, for all we know, is the only one that didn't turn to dust in the war. It's been safely hidden away ever since, until now.

Let's see, on this list I still need Charger, Horsebrush and Other Tales, and The Ninjery.

Oh hell, that ain't proper gun safety!

Oh yeah, Kilan's sense of smell might be even better than a half-horse's.

Heh, Gift's laying it on thick,

How does a half-horse climb a ladder? Very carefully!

So, that's how it wound up down there. He knew he'd be tempted to pick it back up later, and he was right.

There you go, leverage the instinct to protect one's herd against the instinct to panic, and his human brain can get the reins back.

Impatient young shit, ain't he?

And not all that clever, considering where he's hiding!

Oh, hell. Just what everyone needs -- for the Baronin to find out there's a gun in the valley.

OH, HELL. That's even worse.

I just noticed I put the wrong link in for the previous thread. And let's get the right page this time.

Oh man, it got her too!

Aww, let him have the brandy, man.

That's not good.

> →
daaaaaddddeeeeeee

Okay, that's it for this one. After this there's a seven year gap before v3 #9 in 2006, but in the interim the story continued in a book called New Souls, which I'll probably share tomorrow.

Bump

I think you missed a page

Oh crap, so I did! Here, lemme hang my head in shame, for I done fucked it up.
Here we are.

Don't worry, happens to the best of us

bump