This scene, man... this friggen scene

this scene, man... this friggen scene.

gotta be among the most beautiful animated scenes ever made.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sHToFOt6OKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the ending was kind of a wet fart tbqh

Pure, dare I say it, kino

Almost felt asleep during this scene, desu.

it felt just right to me. i liked that it wasnt maui that saved the day, and that the resolution to the conflict came through a show of understanding and love rather than violence.

Agreed but I still loved the movie

>resolution to the conflict came through a show of understanding and love rather than violence.
Which has literally never happened

>slo-mo-kino

she came to bargain?

Yeah yeah, we all loved Far Cry 3. This is Sup Forums user, come on.

Just watched it.

Many a boner was had.

Yeah, really fucking good

INSEEECT

No you didn't

The definition of madness, user?

I didn't give two fucks about some goddess we never saw a single piece of characerization for.

I thought it was impossible, but they actually made a villain weaker than Bellwether and Hans.

GTFO, Ragnaros.

I was disappointed that there was no demigod of earth and fire.

> he didn't expect the kind and smart Disney princess to succeed where the brash and blustering hero had failed

user, is this your first Disney movie?

wait for Moana 2

No it isn't.

There's no drama, no tension, and the visuals aren't very impressive.

Compare with Moses parting the sea in that one movie, you know the one, with Moses parting the sea.

The fire monster thing in general didn't really interest me. I think that it's because we live in a time where every movie has a big giant cgi monster, and another big lava beast just feels stale.

The whole final action sequence would be even better if it
Didn't.
Have.
The.
Fucking.
Chicken.

The two animals dragged the entire movie down and miraculously managed to make Olaf look good in comparison.

TOO SOON, EXECUTUS

Is Tangled yours?

how the heck did pua drag the movie down when the pig was barely even in it?

Olaf was good.

Its that fucking hair!

2 Mickey Fun Dollars have been deposited into your account.

OP here. no they haven't. you're lying for some reason

How does one have taste this shit?

I agree. I heard that Jermaine's part stole the show and although he was great, I felt that the entire third act made the movie for me.

Waverider Moana best princess.

>Dormammu appeared in a Disney movie but it wasn't Doctor Strange.

> (OP)
>I didn't give two fucks about some goddess we never saw a single piece of characerization for.
>I thought it was impossible, but they actually made a villain weaker than Bellwether and Hans.

Seriously.

"HA HA!!! The good guy Goddess is really THE BIG BAD! HOHOHOHOHO!!! WHAT A TWEEEST!"

I gave not one fuck.

The big crab guy was a better villain and he was on-screen for all of five minutes.

What the fuck is wrong with movie writers these days? Do they not understand villains?

Olaf is a MASTERPIECE. Frozen didn't do everything right, but it managed to have the critter sidekick not only NOT be annoying, but actually be a meaningful, heartfelt part of the story.

This is the most appropriate time for a 'no you'

Pua wasn't even in it

>hurr durr every story needs to be about beating each other's brains out like chimpa

Tamatoa was perfectly written for Jemaine. And "Shiny" is one of the best villain songs I've heard in a while.

I don't even know how it thematically connected to the rest of the movie.

that sequence is pretty amazing.

>Unironically liking Olaf and his absolute garbage song

Are you stupid? I'm gonna say yes

the morbid nature of the song juxtaposed against olafs childlike naivete makes it memorable

Memorable in the "HURF DURF HE DUMB SNOW MELTS GEDDIT KIDS" kind of way, sure

no, memorable in the "everyone but him knows he'll die if he gets what he wants more than anything" kind of way.

I still don't know how Moana suddenly figured out the monster was the goddess, though.

seeing the double spiral on takah's chest made it click for moana

Is te fiti black?

presumably she is of polynesian descent

I facepalmed pretty fucking hard when the goddess had LITERAL THE EXACT SAME FACE as Moana, come the fuck on disney

This scene came out of nowhere and had no meaning whatsoever

dude, they rushed this movie as fuck, thanks to the problems with the Animal Divercity movie.

she doesnt look anything like moana, you faceblind mongs.

what?!

im beginning to think /aco/ is right about you guys.

Because Disney don't focus on fucking villains you troglodytes.
We're not talking about DC or other capeshit movies/animations.
If they DID add more info on takah, it would've ruined the end's reveal, it wasn't surprising at all.
All movies don't need a bad guy.
And if they did decide to add more character to takah...
How? How would you place a fucking island goddess in that adventure?
Use your god damn head, people.

>Expecting logic from Sup Forums, the cancer of Sup Forums
No seriously, Sup Forums has better discussion on animation than this board, and a good portion of them are just Sup Forums shitposters

ah yes she's green

>literally suffering from faceblindness

i apologize user. had i known you were actually stricken by this terrible affliction, i would never have called you faceblind. i would have just called you retarded or something.

>Oh shit Tafiti is missing
>But wait Te Ka has a swirly, rock-sized hole in her chest
Basic logic

i believe the spiral was hidden behind smoke and possibly a crust of rock until maui struck te kah in the chest.

Te Fiti has a wider chin than Moana but from the side they could be twins, like in that scene where they touch foreheads.

they still look the same except they have different facial expressions?? thanks to prove my point asshole

he knew he would melt, he kinda just overlooked it because of how GLORIOUS summer is.

BROTHER?

user, again, i must apologize for the faceblindness comment. had i known...

anyway, not that i DO know, i feel like continuing this conversation is pointless, and will just be as frustrating for me as picking your loved ones out in a crowd must be for you, so i'll just go ahead and say good day, and have a good weekend.

what?! no he didn't.

This and the beach scene at the beginning. The visuals in this movie is A+ for me. I live in the tropics and I'm itching to go to the beach real fucking soon

>Not the same eyes
>Not the same mouth
>Not the same nose
>Not the same eyebrows
Um, user...
If by, they look the same you mean they're human(oid) faces, well sure, I guess you're right.
Otherwise, stop memeing so loudly.

Te Fiti does kind of look like a much older Moana. Maybe that was the intention though

She really doesn't.

so used to the disney princess sameface we see it everywhere.

is just the art style, both of them look like half the women in the village

I hope no one in this thread ever becomes a character designer in the future if you support that fucking samefaceing

This was like the one movie that didn't use the generic sameface

>An inbred islander community of less than a hundred people wouldn't look the same

Kino

youtube.com/watch?v=sHToFOt6OKc