Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46ZDxocmSnE
youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Xog-4gL13_A
youtube.com/watch?v=g3-gTrCRLQk
youtube.com/watch?v=wQ89VkBPxnM
youtube.com/watch?v=lYbYoaBrXpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ares for me, his mini prior to Joining Mighty Avengers is among my favorite comics, absolutely love his relationship with his son.
Love that even while on the Dark Avengers he had moments of pause & concern.
Such as his genuine care for Luke Cage's health after finding him having had a heart attack or his pause while Osborn sent a bunch of Super criminals after the renegade New Avengers.

2nd place would be Nightcrawler.

If they fucking kill Beta Ray Bill in the last issue of the Unworthy mini series, I will burn shit down.

Underrated

Ampersand from Y the Last Man

it really isnt, this episode comes up all the time here.

Hollis Mason in the Watchmen book

Last time I read it, it still made me feel. Dude was probably the most morally upstanding and friendly person in the entire book.

It really was a touching moment, and for all the flack the DCAU gets for Bat wank and power level shenanigans, moments like these really went to show just how good things could be when the writers were on point.

Which one was he?

I felt nothing during that scene

The original Nite-Owl.

Superman...

But he didn't die.

this is easily the most confusing death.

Looks like a Sup Forums death to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=46ZDxocmSnE

Underrated movie

youtube.com/watch?v=h24D87SqaLQ

Charles Xavier in Logan

youtube.com/watch?v=Xog-4gL13_A

Nuke sacriface and funeral scenes improves, Music makes it perfect.

It is sad but more in a grand and poetic way.

God tier version of Captain Marvel

;_;

Can comics even compare?

youtube.com/watch?v=g3-gTrCRLQk

I can't believe Casper is fucking dead... wait a minute...

Steve Dillon's

/ourguy/

Warren ellis eulogy of him made me sad.

Amazing redemption, FUCK YOU JOHNS

Shitloads of em in hitman

Bringing up hitman is godhax and you know it.

Hammy.

Am I the only person that hates the reaction face slideshow they sometimes do?

>Bloodstain is symmetrical
God this movie was bad

Wolverine in Logan

it was also symmetrical in the comic

his bloodstain was a rorschach test.

I'm STILL pissed about this

That one in particular was horrible because they're all masked and have no expression whatsoever, so what is there to even showcase?

>this bait

Pretty good.

But just in case you're a maximum hyper-brainlet, he died in the shape of a Rorschach test. It's Moore essentially asking at the very end, of the reader, "What do you see in this man's death?" Because in the end, it's efficacy, futility, meaningfulness or pointlessness was all up to you, and is highlighted by Veidt, who up to this point had been filled with unwavering conviction and ruthless devotion to his cause of uniting the world against the squid, questioning his own actions to Dr. Manhattan...who tells him that it doesn't matter, because nothing ever ends anyway. But not even Dr. Manhattan truly knows - since he himself admits to Rorschach that he cannot change human nature...so he didn't truly know what the 'right thing' was.

>Underrated
pfft, more like, over done.

and that makes the moment unsad?

going a little earlier and vasectomized himself wouldn't be that emotional a moment, eh?

>Moore

You mean Snyder.

I'm glad he's dead

Literally ruined by having Nightowl there to deliver the obligatory NOOOOOO

What a fucking disaster of a movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=wQ89VkBPxnM

>"So, this is what this feels like"

Just broke Lex Luthor's brainwashing and then gave his life.

>Underrated
You must be new here

It makes it not a "saddest Sup Forums death"

Did you forget the thread you were in

what?
[x] did the character die?
[x] was it sad?
anything that comes afterwards is a separate experience. it can not change what you've felt in the past, even if it was 3 minutes prior.

dumbass

>But he didn't die.
>[x] did the character die?

???????????

Oh fuck me, the tears are swelling up again

omfg. between the boom and the moment he reassembled himself he was effectively dead. or maybe you want to resolve the everpresent philosophical dilemma, "what separates living matter from anything else?" before you allow this moment to be sad for everyone? oh wait, right, he is a robot, he was never technically alive. you must be right. that scene can never be an emotional moment evolving a (perceived) loss of a well established and likable character. silly me.

...or maybe... a plot twist! you are the robot here, because you allow yourself to switch emotions to true/false state based on the factual state of things.

did he die?

well, Toph is not a doctor, but presumably she's "seen" things die to know whats coming...

>omfg
>...or maybe...
You must be 18 or older to post on this site. You sound like a rambling, out-of-breath teenage girl.

Anyway, it's "saddest Sup Forums deaths," not "saddest moments where we thought the hero was dead but he was revealed to be alive a few minutes later." "Believed to be dead" is such a common thing in fiction that yeah, it is separate from "killed off for real."

It's still the same, singular tale, and a real death (if actually sad) is supposed to end the story on a poignant note. When they come back, poignancy is not the point: the point is relief, or joy. A happy ending, not a lingering sadness. This is part of what separates a Disney death from, say, a cape comic where a character's end gets retconned out further down the line.

I'm still impressed that for how beloved the series was, they never tried to bring Tommy back in the DCU. Probably Ennis has some pull, same as Gaiman does.

Superman can't catch a fucking break

>a capeshit fag cosplays a Sup Forums moderator and teaches me how to appreciate fictional media

The Scotsman

How about two people on the internet call you a faggot for shitting up a thread?

This thread is PROBABLY the saddest Sup Forums death now.

poor guy can't catch a fucking break

jesus fucking christ dude

What is the cape equivalent of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=lYbYoaBrXpU

David erasing himself from existence was pretty sad

>not "saddest moments where we thought the hero was dead but he was revealed to be alive a few minutes later.

Exactly.

Otherwise, you'd have stuff like Nick Fury in Winter Soldier. Or Coulson in Avengers. Catwoman in Batman Returns. OR Baleman in DKR.

Then again, I'd want Groot in GotG to count. We are Groot.

three people. I'm calling him a faggot now too. Rules are what separate us from the animals.

>>>/reddit/ is that way.

This whole series was insane. Literally. First issue Marvel tries to get a grasp on his cosmic awareness, only to fall to complete madness. Then he seeks out the Punisher for advice.

Whoa, edgier than a Garth Ennis/Steve Dillon book

What's happening here?

Sigh...
You know, it was really unclear.

>I'll be fine
>He's lying
Jet is fucking dead

You are who you choose to be
SU-PER MAN

i dont care what anyone says, but wolverine was my father/brother/best friend, my comics where all i had to go to after being abused during my childhood, and it really hurt when he died

Goddamn.

The trouble with Injustice is that so many people died that any touching deaths got buried under the corpses.

Stuff from Ennis' Hitman series

Maybe the end of the 1980s Vigilante series, which had the protagonist (Adrian Chase) blow is head off after killing some innocent cops

x-men always seemed to bring sad things

Superman in BvS.

dogs obey rules too. samefaging however can only be attributed to humans...

Am I supposed to be able to hear what rorshac is saying? I hate movies that prioritize artistic vision over being able to hear dialogue clearly.

I almost cried when the movie turned to shit 3/4 in too.

and here comes the bait

80's Vigilante was kino and unfortunately I don't see it talked about much.

He quit the X-Men to join Magneto right after that, when Mags interrupts her funeral. Man, I forgot about this.

I don't care about the film version, but I just checked the comic and it doesn't.

Hey, at least it was better than any Mosuevel film.