Be honest here, do any of you actually miss him?

Be honest here, do any of you actually miss him?

I didn't like the nu52 story so I missed the old version

Yes, I'm not a butthurt Primefag.

There's a Dr. Suess Who villain in the Superman universe?

Did the story imply that he's all versions of Mxyzptlk ever? Like including the Howie Mandel version?

Yes

I didn't until the issue reminded me about him.

>implying I didn't find the reveal satisfying despite hoping for SBP

Then why did he care so much about Post-Crisis Supes if he could torment an infinite amount?

This back up really sold me. I'm really glad it was Mxy now instead of Prime. I think I got swept up in the Sup Forums hype

>Superman don't care
That hurts a little more than it should have

Mxy's gf is hot as fuck. Imagine having her and reality warping powers.

So he's the most powerful being in DC. Even Endless and Empty Hand only work with singular franchise multiverses.

>ywn do kinky reality warping in bed with Giyzby

Until Ewing finishes his Ultimates storyline culminating in an expy of Empty Hand implied to not be an expy at all.

I wonder how this will be resolved. Even now Mxy isn't evil but acting out of hurt. Then there's the whole "Reborn" thing. He's not going to reset Superman is he because what about Supersons? So much has to happen in the next two issues

So forever, cause that will never happen?

The Empty Hand is the most powerful being in DC. He is what awaits at the end, the heroes can delay him but never truly defeat him. He is what happens when there is no more story to tell. He's inevitable

Looks like Christopher Lloyd.

He's not a sadist; he doesn't want to actually hurt Superman. But being forgotten by people you thought were your friends is really painful. His anger is totally justified, even if you feel like his response was disproportionate.

No, Empty Hand is a meta entity, like Editorial. If someone in power wanted him removed from comics permanently, there'd be nothing he could do about it, and he could only continue existing in his old stories.

And Mxyzptlk is more powerful cause he can survive the end when there is no more story cause he's in another story. Empty Hand is a little imp's bitch.

That doesn't make sense. Empty Hand by definition is more powerful. He is the personification of the hunger for more stories. There are no limitations.

Superwoman yesterday basically said what's going to happen. Seems like the pre-Flashpoint and new 52 versions are the same people in a way (red/blue redux, most likely) and the universe/history/whatever will shift in a way that keep most current things the same.

As much as i like Prime, Mxyzptlk is great and i loved the way he was portrayed here. He's just a fun character, always has been. Nice and simple and allowing for a lot of freedom in storytelling.

I really, really enjoyed the whole segment with Jon at the end especially

>If someone in power wanted him removed from comics permanently, there'd be nothing he could do about it
Same with Empty Hand user. Editorial could remove him as well. Do you even think about what you post?

You're not making sense here. Mxy is 100% controlled by DC suits.

How do you guys pronounce his name? I try do say MIX-YEZ-SPIT-LICK like the Gilbert Gottfried DCAU version says, but I always find myself saying MIX-YEZ-PITTLE-ICK like they said in Lois and Clark. Same goes for Lex Luthor. I know it's LU-THOR, but feels wrong and I end up saying a combination of it and Luther.

Wasn't all of Superwoman yesterday a coma dream?

If Mxy is still there then the story is that Mxy outlives the DC universe. That is still a story. You're not good at this meta stuff are you?

That's not true. Empty Hand is just the on page representation. Editorial can't break into your house and brainwash you, which is the only way that the Empty Hand could go away.

I'm a MIX-YEZ-SPIT-LICK guy. That's how my wife pronounced it when I got her to read it the other day. First attempt as well.

Uh so is all characters like Empty Hand user.
No user Empty Hand is a fictional character like everyone else. They're not real you delusional psycho.

It happened through a dream don't know if you can say it didn't happen. She clearly has a connection to ghost Lois.

And just thinking realistically you don't write an issue like that unless you're attempting to handhold your readers to the new status quo. It was meant to provide enough information so that they don't have to read the main books.

Didn't it confuse the shit out of everyone. I saw the reactions to the storytime and was going to read the whole run today but my boys been home sick

Mixelplix

>you don't write an issue like that unless you're attempting to handhold your readers to the new status quo
To be fair, Superwoman is pretty stupidly written.
But yeah that gives enough leway to fill in readers that don't read other books but also an out of "oh it was a dream" in case that isn't the case.

Empty Hand is real. That's the whole point. It's a fiction suit not a character.

I usually go with MIX-IZ-PITTLE-ICK. Basically the latter but with a Y that's more of an I

That's just wrong

It wasn't really confusing. It's just not well written and got kind of rambly at times.

True I won't defend it as a quality book. I think the hints were legitimate though.

>Empty Hand is real.

He's not getting his point across but when all of DC is done and nobody remembers Batman, Superman or the Justice League then the Empty Hand has won.

Why do you think he's called the "Empty Hand"

Empty Hand is an in-universe personification of a metanarrative or external concept which holds sway over the books themselves.

I guess I go with the STAS pronunciation but I mostly just think of him as Mxy rather than the whole thing.

>I know it's LU-THOR, but feels wrong and I end up saying a combination of it and Luther.

This seems like it would depend a lot on accent though. Those sounds don't seem dramatically different to me.

>I'm really glad it was Mxy now instead of Prime
What are you talking about?

I said Luther for years because I'm British. I've trained myself to say Luthor

I surprisingly liked this issue. I wonder if Oz will capture Mxy again

shouldn't he be hiding in cereal boxes throwing rings at Hal