How the fuck does Joi speak, she's a hologram and there aren't any speakers on the emanator

How the fuck does Joi speak, she's a hologram and there aren't any speakers on the emanator.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wow you have so much more to learn about what a hologram actually is

She doesnt speak to anyone other then goose
I assume he has some kind ear piece or implant

>this is what a millenial american has in mind while watching a Villeneuve kino

Just turn off your brain, bro, it's a silly flick.

maybe she's a ventriloquist?

How the fuck do YouTube videos speak? They are just pixels on a screen.

the same way she sees, dum dum

there are speakers you hear out of fuckwad

I was really pulled out of the film when I wasn't shown an exact schematic of JOI's inner workings.

She does speak to Luv tho.
I think the eminator has a speaker. Remember when the Peter and the wolf ringtone went off numerous times in the movie?

how can we even see Joi without anything to reflec the light?
holograms don't work like that

you uh

honestly got me there I've got no clue

We don't even really know how replicants are made that shits never really been explained in the movies and the only time it is is to serve a plot point this kind of shit is just left to the imagination

>emanator is in his pocket
>hologram can be clearly seen and heard

okey dokey then I didn't realize I was watching Doctor Who

if the hologram can interact with water molecules then it can manipulate the air to create sound

It's the future, I ain't gotta explain shit

but that was the hologram creating holographic water molecules on itself when detecting water

Muhammed Saeed al-Sahaf, the Sean Spicer of Iraq.

Now I realize who she reminds me of. Tia fucking Tanaka.

the light vibrates really hard making sound you moron

she can't, it was all in K's head

Joi is never visible when the emanator is in his pocket. Just her ringtone goes off

that was your interpretation I suppose

due when they go out into the rain for the first time on the balcony he literally pull it out of his pocket to turn it off when he gets a call

He didn't have it in his hand the whole time?

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y

magic

jesus christ we got a retard here

whatever you say, retard

watch the movie again.

ok, retard. ive only seen the movie 17 times, youve only headcanoned it after watching it once.

like I give a damn, retard

nope, he had it in his jacket

Doesn't really matter. Has no effect on the plot so it doesn't need explaining

>dumb burgers cant follow a simple story
its literally explained at the start of the film.

Go watch it again. This time without gorging on burgers and hot dogs

Are you just gonna let this guy call you a retard like that?

I have no explanation.

Literally fucking retarded

jesus over bites and cross eyes are such a turn on for me.

is my brain broke?

How exactly did this portable thing work?

Oh my god shes so cute

Um her eyes are fine tho.

OH SHIT. How does she see?

>tfw was too busy so didn't see it in a movie theatre
is there a good rip yet?

>there aren't any speakers on the emanator
How do you know that? It's an imaginary technology, there's no reason to assume it doesn't produce sound. A real world smartphone of the same size could produce enough sound to work for something like this and Blade Runner universe technology is probably ahead of us across the board so why wouldn't it work?

at the end, you can see how ugly she is

>too busy
Those dicks won't suck themselves!

WHERE CAN I BUY JOI?

I have a job and I go to university in the evening, its a hard life being a poorfag

Neck yourself

Vibrates air particles or some shit. Same way it projects light into 3D space.
The beams it uses to create the image, likely intersect in a manner that allows extremely localized manipulation of air molecules.

I bet she called that dog Ryan.

Fuck off already.

We'd have to either assume the emanator is hooked up to an implant in K's brain, and Luv has one as well, but universal for all JOI models, because she works for the company that makes them after all. Or that the emenator can transmit scattered photons and vibrations to a specific location via some guiding force like we're testing now with wireless chargers up to like 10 feet. That's the best science mumbo jumbo I can come up with.

Even if I was a billionaire who didn't want kids I'd creampie her every fucking time and marry her without a prenup. That's how delicious she is.

But user I enjoyed Blade Runner 2049.

reminder that Harvey had those DSLs on his schmeckle

I can't tell if your taking this thread to a new level of ironic idiocy or if you are just idiots.

Wtf thanks for ruining this movie completely for me. Gotta change by imdb score from 9 to.6.

HOW DOS SMRTPHN MAKE SOUND WHEN NO SPEKERS

>wow you have so much more to learn about what a hologram actually is

Pointing out that Joi is technologically inconsistent and impossible is valid criticism of the writing.

The whole JOI tech is pure magic. I'd rather she was an augmented reality kinda thing that only Goose could see.

Are you fucking serious? Do you need speakers connected to your phone in order to hear it? It has a tiny slit and that's enough for it to be very loud. And this is the future so...

This. The whole mobile hologram tech really bothered me throughout the movie. I know it's autistic, but it's just way too unrealistic, especially when we've been shown that those things need an emitter on the ceiling to move around. It took me out of the movie a bit.

bet you thought this is funny when you were hitting post

oh watch out, we have a godzillabrain here. Replicants are fine, but an emmiter that can transmit light trough clothes and windows is just too unrealistic.

>JOI's inner workings
Lewd

There has to be some kind of explanation for the tech because otherwise the writers wouldn't deliberately show her first projecting from that ceiling thing and then to disconnect from it entirely.
Although it could be just a plot device because she really becomes "real" to him only when she is able to go anywhere.

No, what exactly is your fucking argument here. You don't need two huge ass speakers for a small device to produce quality sound even today

he killed sapper and bought himself a really expensive toy from the bonus, and the money he was saving

Look, I know it's petty and autistic, it just can't stop bothering me.

they 3d print the organs

its somewhat implied in the first movie when Roy Batty goes to visit the Eye manufacturer (although when the movie was made the exact term "3d printing" wasn't a thing)

tfw she will NEVER step on my balls (._.)

One thing that really doesn't make sense from a logical standpoint is why anyone would want their waifu to be visible to everyone on the street. Can you imagine a future neckbeard going to the store when suddenly his half-naked anime waifu pops up with a text message? A VR/augmented reality thing would make more sense.

You know, for the longest time I though it was Ana de AMAS

You can dress her however you want my man, she can be in a fucking burka in public if you want

it was just a noise notification in the movie you know

That might have happened to some dumbass in the BR world for all we know

Friendly reminder that Sylvia is better.