LA LA LAND (2016)

Goose guy and Redhair Frog girl can't be stopped! the kino levels are up the charts!

seriously, this movie is pretty good, why Sup Forums doesn't talk alot about this one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jkje4FiH9Qc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's unrealistic to see women with passions for art forms which are inspired and full of genuine expression.

They typically just do stuff to stand out or to 'meditate'

It came out like a year ago. Where were you?

www.reddit.com/r/movies might be more you're speed

Maybe because the userbase is predominately male and La La Land is for date nights which the majority of us have never been on.

that's why the movie poster bothers me

If we're to be real, Gosling is caught up in the moment and expressing something he believes in while Emma would realistically only be going through the motions without a real introspective reason as to why.

who the fuck are raiens goslings and emma stouna

yeah, but when it comes to:
>muh falling in love happy ever after trope

the movies gets very realistic in that point, even teaching someone to enjoy a music genre, Ryan Gosling is underrated af, same to mrs Emma frog eyes Stone

>films breaks while watching the movie
>Goose doesn't have an autistic meltdown

How am I supposed to relate to these characters?

Nothing can top Jesus Christ Superstar or Singin' in the Rain for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=jkje4FiH9Qc

>Of all the jazz joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.

fugg, w-why he can't catch a break guys? ;-;

Not enough dancing and singing to be a musical imo
Drama was a bit weak as were the characters
Dishonest film-making.

>appropriates your culture

Top Hat only had five songs in it. I never felt like there was a lull in La La Land.

i bought and played a piano for the first time because of this movie

nice user

how pathetic

This is like how people try to find themselves after 25 by taking up a skill like cooking, but have 0 ambition or drive to be michelin star-tier

They're really just really bored and really uninspired

imagine being this guy

average people just like to ride fads to think they're living a meaningful life. Their craft won't ever drive them to emotional highs and lows.

Betting money that the user in that post hasn't touched his new piano in quite some time because he's "busy with life" is a safe bet.

ok Ryan, go to sleep.

>ryan
It speaks volumes that you're so boring and predictable that you think you actually know me in real life or that I know you.

>Projection: the post

>what is his endgame: the reply

Not at all. I have genuine passions that I lose myself in for existential reasons.

I come across people who have a passing fad-like "inspiration" all the time to do what I do and they get bored and stop because whatever movie/song/celebrity that "inspired" them is no longer as relevant or recent a memory.

It's literally why gyms are full of newbies for a few months after New Years and then they stop coming.

Get some experience in life, dude. fuck

>posting multiple times to appear as different people
stop

Accusations of samefagging eh, brainiac?

You whinging about people having interests. They don't know you or care who you are.

eh, ok maybe there are two really boring fags in here.

point being no great artist, musician, chef, etc. really just started doing it because they felt like it or some dumb movie spoke to them.

There's an entire lifelong compounding of suffering and stress that has to be overcome to fuel true uniqueness. You can see this in really any medium and it's a reason why so many artists off themselves with drugs or suicide.

normos like you won't ever understand it and you'll just get bored with piano/cooking/drawing/music/etc. because you have no genuine reason to do it.

>i think my shit doesnt stink:The Post

Guess what, maybe peple try new things and don't want to change the world with their hobby, you boring pretentious cunt

>and don't want to change the world with their hobby
that's kind of the definition of being boring, uninspired, and bland

God, you're such a fag

>People trying new things and getting a new experience = boring
>Posting vaguely about being a self-important twat without actually saying anything illuminating whatsoever = interesting

Boring cunt.

see if i give a single fuck

i don't

and also, no one heres is talking about:

>muh talents
>muh inspiration

if you feel unique serving yourself a different food dish or write yoour own music, is ok, but don't talk like a pretentious mainstream douchebag

At no point in your incoherent ramblings did you make any sense or convince anyone of your shitty opinion or views. I award you no points, may god have mercy on your soul. If it werent for the lawd of this land i would slaughteryou.jpg

>tfw I will never be this generic and salty about being a scum sucker

hey, feels pretty good to have a fulfilling life. Make sure to not play too many video games or drink too many beers between those 2 month time frames of """"finding yourself (until I get bored and move onto the next thing)""""

Hey, new year, new you, right? Just like last year!

>I award you no points, may god have mercy on your soul.
dude, very nice reference. I understood it.

I don't care to convince you of anything. You're dumb, average, plain, and boring, and I'm just having fun fucking with you because apparently you don't like being reminded of your many attempts of trying to """"find yourself"""".

>has nothing left but ad hominem: the post

i agree, but why you are posting this interesting and unique opinion on a anonymous image board? what are trying to accomplish here anyway? no one's going to listen you my friendo, post that on twitter or facebook so someone can get enlightened about your canvas? no, maybe reddit, upvoting for you user!

It was pretty good, but the hype was insane and just fucking stupid

dude, who cares? I'm just here to shoot the shit.

Remember all those things you wanted to do for 2017? All those things you wanted to be? And now you're how old? It's almost 2018, but NEW YEAR NEW ME

I do this on /r9k/ too because it's funny to see people trying to express something and then poke holes in it. I like making fun of retards because I hate them.

You haven't poked a hole in anything, you've just whinged that people try things not up to your arbitrary standard

they should have gotten some actual singers for this movie. the breathy singing was annoying.

honestly this film was top 3 in 2016

This.

Despite some flaws I still enjoyed it. It was nice to have a movie that was just, genuine(?) I guess. I saw it 3 times in the theaters and it believed its own premise. It never had any moments where they comment on how wacky the movie is; there's never a moment where the actors knowingly wink at the camera. It just was happy to exist as it was.

My main issue was it was way too light on the songs for a musical. Needed at least 2 more good musical numbers IMO. Still one of my favorites of 2016. Seeing it at the Hollywood Cinerama Dome was an experience.

there are just a few more memorable musicals

Yeah I definitely agree about the amount of songs. The soundtrack was pretty great, and there seemed to be parts where I expected a song but there wasn't