JSA Storytime: Manhunter

Good evening owls,

Bones time

>no more ads
Awwwwww

so what was good yesterday?

other than Zemo is best boy

I looked and the ads weren't in the old copy I had anyways for this issue at least

:(

New Super-Man, Deathstroke. Deathstroke is pretty much the only book I feel I'm particularly enjoying being 2 times monthly.

Hello, Storyteller.

Outlaws was solid. I think Artemis is starting to build up a fan base on Sup Forums.

>people we love

good to live in a world where Cap/Zemo is canon

That was so much better than Zub's Zemo, a difference like night and day. The preview made me fear that Spencer would go the same frustrating route as Zub but nope, he was good to Helmut.

Artemis is genuinely great.

Mother Panic came out, with a totally different artist, giving it a very different tone. IvX was a total clusterfuck

Stucky BTFO

I need to re-read from the top because I'm a little lost at the moment in it, but it's sure not standing still

Zemo is best villain manager because he cares even about Z-list talent. I bet he promotes from within the organization, too.

I need to get to MP. I saw Emma's costume and loled.

I am really curious how Spencer will handle Zemo's relationship with the other Bolts. Especially since he repeatedly said that Zemo has a rough road ahead of him.

I hope the crossover helps the sales enough because I really don't want it to go monthly

I'm looking forward to someone unpicking the current stuff Emma's getting thrown into in a few years. Like Penance or hell, Zemo right now.

Hal n Pals was pretty gory

also Earth 2 Society is finally over, may it rot in hell

I know some Emma fans and they are *mad*

Love this, Skorpio with a 'k'

how did it end???

It's just really nice to have Priest plotting/pacing every two weeks rather than every month for me. It keeps the book moving and I love that the whole cast is engaged, not just Mr. Stroke. That's so rare now - and to be fair, the Cap book is also making an effort there.

>how did it end???
Happily ever after, Helena is Batman now. Worst Dick is Oracle.

There are plenty of meta digs to make at how Emma was backslid into villainy. Question is just when we'll get there.

Hal and Pals was a friggan Invincible issue. They must be bringing back the Guy is half alien thing
Worst fucking part of that is that it happened in literally 3-4 pages. We saw her going mad slightly through both events, but what happened was just absurd

the supporting cast in Mr. Stroke is great and I'm legit excited to see that he gave New Peej a feel of who she is in one issue

a few years until some Emma fan gets to write

So is it just me, or are the announced X-books completely either "literally who niche book" or "slight shuffle of house stable writer"?

>how did it end???
everything finally stopped blowing up and the wonders could get back to things like saving kittens and suicide jumpers, Worst Dick was crippled (again) and became Oracle, Helena took over as Batman, Alan is still sad and gay, etc

Earth 2 might have been shit on hardcore and dragged through the mud and stuffed full of Superman/Batman characters but at least it got a decent ending I guess

This issue was slow and let's face it, indulgent for Zemo fans but it was nice to see happen and in combination with the incredibly meta language last issue it makes the way Zemo was at the start of this book a lot easier to digest.

There were some really neat touches in the panels they got. I would have loved to have dialogue there too ofc.

Given that Soule is writing the Astonishing book (no artist last I checked) I fully expect that team to be hunting Emma

>Artemis is genuinely great.
She is. The Bana-Mighdall are basically the same as before too. They'll probably cut out the slavery and rape stuff though.

Also, more Amazons giving off yuri vibes is always a good thing.

>So is it just me, or are the announced X-books completely either "literally who niche book" or "slight shuffle of house stable writer"?
That was pretty much the reaction here as soon as the first couple were announced. There are a few of the former I'm kinda hopeful for.

Very little will top the savagery of that 'world-building' panel.

>Hal and Pals was a friggan Invincible issue. They must be bringing back the Guy is half alien thing
I'd be okay with that

I would settle for bringing the bar back too

if you don't mind could you post the panels, I haven't read anything this week, just scanned overviews

Oh, I read NSM, that was delightful

Kate is getting into this

Honestly, both the X-Men reboot and the rumored Make Mine Marvel seem less like a Marvel Rebirth and more like Marvel shoddily throw some paint over everything without actually addressing or fixing the problem.

>Especially since he repeatedly said that Zemo has a rough road ahead of him.

I assumed that was the death (or whatever, missed a couple of issues in there). Is it still coming?

I guess there will be some heartbreak when he finds out Steve was just cubed and they're not really BFFs, but I don't know what else we might get.

AKA the exact same problem as the last few years of Marvel

Rebirth involved Johns flying literally everyone in and talking things through with them, which gives it a touch of cohesion behind the genre/tone variety. Does Marvel have anyone with that range/pull to ride herd? IMO, they should let some of their niche books stay what they are--even if they're not For Me, they are what they are, but...

>Very little will top the savagery of that 'world-building' panel.
I can't interpret this as anything other than meta commentary, it's too accurate

>Does Marvel have anyone with that range/pull to ride herd?
I'd say Bendis but he comes off as too lazy

Slott would probably volunteer

There are like 6 pages of no dialogue recruitment panels so I'll just link to the thread. There's a plot thread getting added too, which most people seem to think is Zemo recruiting a Pleasant Hill'd Sentry.

It's too blunt to be anything else

I love it so much

Slott strikes me as deeply unambitious, having reached his dream job.

>I have a reputation! Cool.
Okay, Spencer. You get a point for that.

She's such a consistent fuck up, that it's very satisfying when she finally manages to do something right.

Oh Mr. Bones. How we miss you.

Yesterday I wondered if anyone had asked Lobdell if that lady was Artemis' girlfriend, and assumed that he would just give an evasive answer. As far as I know, no one has asked him, but looking at his twitter I did notice that he recently wrote a trans comic, which genuinely surprised me.

They have got to be leaning to that, he had a W shirt on, and there is no way even Guy could deal this much damage (pic related) to the guy who stood up to Mongul's son

This is Chase's past trauma

We don't know yet. Spencer did also say that Helmut would eventually get to look at himself and go 'wtf am I even doing?' and I don't think we have reached that point yet.

>Slott strikes me as deeply unambitious, having reached his dream job.
yeah I guess now that he has a blood contract to stay on Spider-Man forever he doesn't need to be Dan Slott, Continuity Cop anymore

I really don't know who Marvel has left other than those two who's enough of a name to be their Johns

>I guess there will be some heartbreak when he finds out Steve was just cubed and they're not really BFFs, but I don't know what else we might get.
So I don't really expect it from Spencer but I'm never gonna ignore the possibility for a betrayal from Zemo there. You know a "Steve you're clearly insane. But your idea is workable" It would be perfect, this thread would fucking come.

>there is no way even Guy could deal this much damage (pic related) to the guy who stood up to Mongul's son
eh, he SHOULDN'T have been able to but GL is always strong on the humanwank, I'm not taking it as evidence that they're bringing the Vuldarian stuff back

last issue he was also wearing the biker jacket from before Warrior but I'm not taking it as evidence that he's getting a yellow ring again either

My sine qua non is that Helmut finds out Bobby is wearing HIS COSTUME and there's some reckoning

no spoiler, but we're on the upswing on Kate's competence, now

I don't know what the editorial limits are but certainly you can have Apollo and Midnighter making out on-panel now. I feel like girls not kissing girls isn't as restrictive especially with C-list characters, and I assume that was Lobdell's decision not to confirm.

Keikaku off between Bobby and Helmut would make me come diamonds.

Apparently someone DID ask him. He said something to the effect of "she doesn't see gender". Which to me suggests she's bisexual because Amazons. I was all ready to complain when someone posted that tweet, but nah, that's about right.

it's so obvious it has to be done, there's no other reason to have put Bobby in that suit

I, too, have beer! And beer.

And now you see how what Andreyko set up for many an issue is coming through

Honestly this sitcom-y cohabiting could've been a Young Animal book.

>IvX was a total clusterfuck
So I heard. Honestly, were people really surprised?

I would read it

Ex-mook and recovering past-villain/past-hero: they drink beer together and fight crime

Johns and Morrison are the biggest names I'd probably pick who have that "headcanons for everyone" sort of thing. And neither is at Marvel right now of course.

I don't think people were prepared for just how awful the "solution" was and the "let's literally make Emma a mutant Hitler" in a span of six pages

OUCH

Yes, Bones killed Sylvester Pemberton. He didn't meant to, but he did.

The Inhuman fans must feel horribly monkey's pawed by the way Marvel decided to push them. And with that showrunner at the helm they won't even get a decent MCU series out of it.

How does a skeleton smoke I wonder?

he actually has skin and muscles and stuff, they're just invisible

Bones is fascinatingly weird from the mind of Roy Thomas, bless his heart

what does she do?

>I wanna know if she's got long-term potential, or a two-year run.
Pfft. That's not meta AT ALL.

N O V A
O
V
A
you flaming
FAGGOT OP
A
G
G
O
T
O
P

Oh yeah, that cartoonish red button lol
I wonder how everyone involved sleeps well at night after that.

>Inhuman fans
Those exist? :^)

Nova is great, shame it's doomed.

I just imagine them not getting on. I mean, can you picture splitting the chores?

>Those exist? :^)

Not anymore.

>Those exist? :
Yes sadly marvel ruined then.

I will definitely read Nova.

I'm fucking dying at 'Skinimax' here, because SO TRUE

>IvX was a total clusterfuck
anybody have a link to the storytime? I can't find it in the archive

It got a happy ending, but it was an ENDING, and that's good enough.

>Amanda doesn't deserve you

Emma Literally summoned Inhuman-Hunting Sentinels that she mind controlled Forge into building, and used them to blow up zeppelins that contained Ahura's people (innocent in the conflict)

Preacher is storytiming the whole thing now. Yesterday's storytime autosaged.

well that's not mass murder or anything

Last Issue:
Preacher Entire thing (minus Death of X)

THE ONLY GOOD INHUMAN
IS A DEAD INHUMAN

I want to read the reactions to the issue more than the issue itself, though

there'll probably be some good stuff in the new thread though, thank you

thanks lads

HE DID

I'm going to no-prize it as Kobik emitting a passive flanderization field that dumbs down people in her vicinity to how they'd be viewed by a child. Bucky has the most personality and gets fellated so much because he's Kobik's favorite.

>thanks lads
You welcome user.

Some angry Emma fan will write her someday and will have a field day with this shit.

I actually like the bottom panel with Emma in the sentinel's fist but lol, it's like they didn't quite sell Cyclops as Hitler so they've got to go 100% out the gate with Emma.

You ever get the feeling a company just absolutely detests their fanbase?

I had someone post the Red Skull saying Hydra is Nazis panel at me today, and so I went and looked up the context again, and found out that it was so immediately hated by fandom that it got the writer fired and it got retconned including a full-text page from Tony Isabella in an issue of Daredevil *three years later*

There's something special about the freakouts over CAP IS A NAZI and [Emma Frost literally genocides a minority group] going unregarded too.

Thanks!

I suspect they originally wanted to go full mutant hitler with Scott but reconsidered later.

Those zeppelins contained the entire tribe of people that the Prince ruled, so she did murder a large group of people

>literally genocides a minority group
Oh please. If the shithumans can't stand the heat they can fuck off back to the moon where they belong

So they're actually dead, not just "Oh, she blew it up, but everyone somehow survived"?

Honestly I don't feel it matters now OP. I see this 'the wider awareness is of movie HYDRA' all over the place as the justifying argument now. And I'd like to see that link back to the original CapNazi stuff which was fueled at least in significant part by clickbait but the facts are they don't like it and they don't like Spencer so anything that can be said, will be.

I would love for Attilan to go back to the moon.

To be fair, it's not like any of them were actually real characters.

I am still amused that lots of progressive comics types who dump on the Hydra Cap story for existing are super into Squirrel Girl. Which features Brain Drain, who is a Nazi war criminal, as a good guy and supporting character.

Oh, absolutely. It's beyond the realm of taming now, but I'm still fascinated by the moving goalposts, such as "They could have used AIM!"