What is the strongest faction in all of sci-fi?

What is the strongest faction in all of sci-fi?

Other urls found in this thread:

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Downstreamers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The #resistance because they resist the white supremacist human organization and DRUPMF too

The Q Continuum.

What the fuck was the resistance even resisting? Why did the new republic allow the first order to exist in the first place?

Apparently, the old EU was scrapped because it was too complicated, but you still have to read a series of shitty novels to understand Episode VII.

Necrons from wh40k.

The real answer for anything sci fi, no matter what, is Doctor Who and the Time Lords.
Otherwise, the Downstreamers, the Xeele, or the Culture, depending on how you look at things. But more or less in that order.

Protoss

The Brotherhood of Steel stomps

Team Gurren

The Elder Ones?
or Doctor Manhattan...

Well that's fucking gay

Don't try to put Doctor Who on any power level listing. It is hilariously inconsistent with power levels even within it's own continuity. This makes sense considering it was just a 60's children's TV show that became more popular over time and extended its scope and target audience. I mean common, Daleks are horribly designed and Cybermen are extremely clunky. The Time Lords themselves literally rely on 3 or 4 hyper advanced techs they barely even understand themselves and aren't impressive in any other way. Hell a normal gun can kill a Time Lord if you just keep shooting him after each regeneration until he runs out of them. Its just not practical to do so unless you have alot of free time and a wide open space for those energy discharges. Seriously there are a few episodes where future humans had the tech to kill Daleks and win battles with them just fine but the Time Lords have troubles with them. Fucking slow moving mini tanks with the guns on the body instead of the turret and only one camera at the end of a stick. The actuator and gun are also hilariously limited in their degrees of motion. The only reason anything is a threat in Doctor Who is just so the Doctor has a problem he can solve. Everyone else magically becomes extremely incompetent when he's around.

The Galactic Frieza Army

40k is a franchise dedicated to faggots and weebs. Fans are so pathetic, brony tier even.

Imperium of Men has to be up there.

Everyone is posting meme answers but here you go

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Downstreamers

>What the fuck was the resistance even resisting?
the first order

>Why did the new republic allow the first order to exist in the first place?
they didn't know it existed. a very few portion of the empires high command started the first order in unknown space and the republic discovered it after the fact

Rick Sanchez

Wubba lubba dub dub

Well thats fucking retarded desu

>Daleks are horribly designed

As a realistic tank, yeah. As an fictional alien race, they are top-tier. Totally inhuman and strange.

like the other user said, its better than the confusing eu we have now and its a fuckton better than just dragging on the empire vs rebels forever, even though they are de facto the same more or less. the new canon has yet to show where this is going

The Universal Union of the Combine, especially if you take Marc Laidlaw's Epistle 3 as canon.

POTTERY

oops i misread what the other user said.

I don't know about all that. I've played some of the games and read a book once. I'm not into the tabletop shit, maybe that's who you mean?

his main force was deployed on Namek and gets slowly taken out by Vegeta, Krillin and Gohan. Frieza then sends special forces to fight Vegata but Goku takes them out.

they were more like a Private Military Company then an empire.

why does the US republic allow neo nazis and antifa to exist?

This. A ruthless pan-galactic, pan-dimensional race that appropriates the local technology of conquered worlds to police them absolutely.

Probably not the strongest, but certainly the most fuckin resilient.

>have no in-universe FTL
they're shit

>don't need one because able to travel interdimensionally
5/7 effort

space muslims

The Downstreamers

The Empire still existed after the death of the mperor. Obviously all admirals and financiers wouldn't just give up on their beautiful military-industrial-complex just because one man died. The First Order is just the faction of the Empire that came out the other end of the Imperial Civil War.

the gay niggers from outer space

the space aliens from fallout

Sublimed civilizations in the culture universe.

"dragging on Empire vs Rebels forever"
in the old EU, Empire vs Rebels is pretty much done 5 years in after they capture Coruscant and proclaim the New Republic. Also one of the best novel series, the X-Wing novels, which is uniquely not swamped with shitty Jedi/Skywalker drama

Tyranids and Orks would probably make them look like spider piss.

Nids can never really lose a fight unless you wipe every last one of them out and their hive fleet otherwise all their dead will just be reused to make more nids.
Orks even if you kill them they release fungal spores and respawn after a few generations. They essentially have a group force power that makes their tech work.
Then Necrons have the most over powered bullshit technology that is self repairing and next to impossible to capture. The best thing you can hope for with Necrons is force them to withdraw and hope they dont see you as a threat ever again.

Those dont exactly have the funds to develop weapons of mass destruction.

Name a better far future setting. I'll wait....

Agreed. I've read a few books, played some of the vidya, tried the tabletop once. No weeb about it.

30k is better imo, especially if you were to adapt the setting.

>Nids can never really lose a fight unless you wipe every last one of them out and their hive fleet otherwise all their dead will just be reused to make more nids.
This applies to the Flood as well, although as far as I know the Flood does not have organic spaceships. It however is capable of learning from its hosts and using (and innovating) their technology, which is an advantage over the Tyranids.
The Flood infection mechanism works by every single Flood cell being capable of taking over cells of other creatures. I don't recall the Tyranids having a similar vector, as they rather have Rippers and other creatures simply consume organics and then throw themselves into spawning pools to recycle the materials. This leads me to believe that on the short term the Flood would have an advantage in a battle of attrition, as they are capable of creating new combatants in the middle of the battlefield by capturing corpses of their own dead or dead Tyranids without needing the spawning pool phase. On the long term, the Flood have not indicated willingness to strip planets completely of resources like the Tyranids do as they are more like a disease than a swarm of locusts. This could provide an advantage for the Tyranids.
The Tyranids have access to psychic powers which is definitely a great initial advantage. I don't think it would be impossible for the Flood to learn to utilize them as well after capturing a Zoanthrope or some other creature.
Both use "commander" creatures, for the Tyranids the synapse creatures, for the Flood the smaller keyminds. If either faction loses control over its forces they return to a primitive state with the goal of building a new hivemind, so they are pretty much the same here.

Everybody who mention any faction wrom WH 40k has never read a single book in his life

As for Orks, it depends on whether the Waaaaagh! field protects them from infection via atmospheric Flood spores. If it does, the Orks have a fighting chance. If it does not, they are just as dead as any humans.
Dead Orks are biomatter as any else and will be subsumed however.

The Necrons hold an overwhelming advantage before the Flood can create planet-sized Keyminds. The Flood can not gain their knowledge as they have no bodies to consume and the Necrons can effectively deny the Flood biomass by destroying stars and atomizing their troops via Gauss weapons.
If the Flood manages to create a planet-sized Keymind it can however take advantage of the Logic Plague, which is an insidious "infection" of artificial intelligence that ultimately nothing seems to protect from. It is via turning their machines against their masters the Flood ultimately defeated the Forerunners, who were approximately of the same tech level as the Necrons. However this still relies of capturing one if not several planets, and the Necrons can deny them. I'd call this a near certain Necron victory.
I wonder if a C'Tan shard could be infected? I'd lean towards no, but it's food for thought.

I hate that the entire political basis of the new trilogy is that the first order, considering previous parallels, are neo-nazis and the /r/esistance are space antifa.

If the rebellion hadn't overthrown a government that had been successful for thousands of years and replace it with their own, badly planned mess then maybe they wouldn't have flung the galaxy into another vicious war after only 30 years of being the new-republic.

It is the rebellion's fault that an entire star-system got btfo.

>considering previous parallels, are neo-nazis and the /r/esistance are space antifa.
wow, you are right, I didn't think about it

only correct answer

Forerunners or Vorlons.

im sorry but doctor who is really really fucking gay. Its a gay bomb only people i ever see who like it are the fucking worst. ( modern doctor who) If you're a fan of the old shit im sorry moffat fucked your boipuss

God, from the Bible

>Name a better far future setting. I'll wait....

Dune, you fucking retard. It has the added advantage of being well written.

What exactly is the goal of them? i liked their design in SC better than the other 2 gay factions

The Chr*stian god

That's fantasy not sci fi, unless you are a Mormon.

This but unironically.

actually it's the Prophets

The culture isnt even the most powerful faction in its own universe. Propably the most powerful non "god" faction though

but they dont care and dont do anything

Vorlons < Shadows

why wasn't the resistance called the 'republic' then? Because jj is a worthless piece of shit that's why.

Nigga forerunners ain't even the strongest faction in THEIR universe.
The Precursors were far greater.

Imperium of Man during the great crusade era.

This wins
Nothing beats the Q

does warhammer occurs in more than one galaxy?

THIS

books: the Foundation
movies: the machines from the Matrix
tv: Cylons
vidya: Combine
comics: the Watchmen (but only because they have Dr. Manhattan)

>cardassia
> rekt by every alpha quadrant faction
> home world sacked by dominion after defeat
O I’m laughing

megas destroys that shitty team every day of the week fucking weeb

what the fuck is "vs battles"? What franchise are the downstreamers from?

They sound like "bigger luke" to the nth power, pretty lame.

Downstreamers are from the Manifold series by Stephen Baxter. They more or less barely feature in (but are responsible for the plots of) the series so their extreme wtf scale is irrelevant to and therefore don't ruin the narrative.

As to what they are; future humans. Hence the name downstreamers - they're us further down the 'stream' of time. Further down the timestream in this case means many, many years, like 10^100 years or something on that scale. In the (original) universe they come from the answer to the fermi paradox is that there is no other life in the universe. humans are all there is and all there ever will be. As a result when we spread across the stars there's nothing to stop us and we go full sci-fi.

Just look at what WH40k steals from you uncultured idiot.

Dune
Book of the New Sun
Starship Troopers

Also for a contemporary setting, Red Rising is so much fucking better than shit tier 40k.

Came here to post this. Q is not limited by this worlds restrictions of time, space, or mass.

the resistance were a breakaway from the republic

"dude I'm not restricted to x natural law because fuck you its cool lmao"

gay and not enjoyable

The Resistance can't be antifa because Antifa is mostly a bunch of shitty ancomms and other smashies. The Resistance is trying to save a neoliberal republic from takeover by the First Order. Hell, the Republic is pretty explicitly pro-nobility as long as the titles are restricted to single planets.

Still the strongest

The Empire only lasted for about 20 years dumbass.

Azathoth and Outer gods

antifa are not anarchists, just antiwhite commies

antifa defends neoliberal policies like open borders, it's a globalist antiprotectionist movement

Tv: The aliens from 2001 because by their concept they are beyond. The Q-Continium was once like the Federation and as such it is possible to define them. The 2001 aliens are by comparsion always greater. They represent the ultimate form.
Lit: Omega Point in Hyperion
V: Durandal

Xeelee, or Photino Birds, depending on how you see it.

They can't do shit. Nyarlathotep is the only one free

Shoutout to my niggas Asteromorphs and their post-human pan-galactic conglomerate

Those idiots? They can't even get out of their throne-beds.

It was kind of weird reading this stuff in post 9/11 America.

the reapers by far
each of them is a nation beyond your very comprehension

Not them since they get taken down by the rebellion and are defeated in 2/3 of the movies.

This is a thread about the most powerful scifi faction, not the most interesting.

While I'm a 40k fag myself, 40k is not the end point of sci-fi powerfag fags. The strongest faction would probably be the pre-chaos realm of souls because its a literal afterlife, but compared to the Xeelee its still nothing.

A single Dyson Sphere? Pfft new-fags.

the funny thing is after the old EU was rendered noncannon a good portion of the fanbase were totally fuck year no more Vong shitting up the universe.

Then Disney turns right around and starts hinting at them coming from the Unknown Regions with Thrawn from Rebels.

Make no mistake theyre going to eventually be canon again and infinitely more retarded than the old canon

Humanity near the end of The Last Question.

>tv: Cylons

Ori, Replicators, Wraith, Borg, Q, Starfleet, Klingons, really most of the other space shows various factions could have utterly anally annihilated the Cyclons.

As far as the power levels of both the toasters and humans go on BSG, they were very tame.

Shit drunk John Crition with a black hole is a scarier thought than facing the Cyclons

>Why did the new republic allow the first order to exist in the first place?
the chancellor was named Lanever Villecham, it's not exactly subtle

The Terrans from Starship Troopers