Citizens of Sup Forums, you have been deceived!

Citizens of Sup Forums, you have been deceived!

Amon is a waterbender!

Jus because he makes all the ladies wet, doesn't mean he a bender, Korra. Sit down.

I knew it!

Show us your boobs!

DO A FLIP

So? Criminal Benders are still a threat to the general population.
If anything Republic City should adopt his methods as a way to punish criminals who misuse their bending.

And what's wrong with that? Are you saying waterbenders are inferior or something?

We are being deceived?

Who do you think bank rolled Equalists? Shitty Sato Industries? No, WE DID!!! COBRAAAA!!!!!!

But he identifies himself as a non-bender, so he is alright.

Prove it.

Did you just assume his bending?

No, Korra, YOU'RE a waterbender!

Who cares?

Does that instantly render all of our grievances invalid?

I guess it does. Everyone go home and quit bitchin'

I TOLD YOU! YOU ALL SAID I WAS CRAZY!

BUT NOW THE TRUTH IS OUT! IT'S ALL H2OVER FOR THAT MONSTER NOW!

>Does that instantly render all of our grievances invalid?
They didn't have any actual grievances, criminal were being criminals. Them being benders was fucking arability, especially since nonbenders can be just as dangerous.

You shouldn't take the ability to sprint away from everyone because the guy who robbed you ran away fast.

You slips are all the same. The second anyone starts trying to address real social problems you go straight for the personal attacks. Just because you puddle monkeys can't form a proper argument doesn't mean Amon isn't right.

Why the fuck am I going to listen to that? A Giant Chicken can't be a waterbender you silly girl.

TAKE IT OFF!

Avatar Korra. The merger with the spirit world has changed me and given me air bending.

*BRAAAAAAAAAP*

Probably the moment I knew, WITHOUT A DOUBT, that Korra was a fucking idiot.

What are you talking about? That's not a chicken, it's a normal, handsome guy.

Korra I swear to god, not even you can be that stupid. Why do we even invite you to these meetings? We all remember LAST time.

What happens if he takes off the mask?

I'll belive it when I see it

Better than being user the shitbender

Chucking and jiving for the non-benders...

This ;_;

Prove it bitch.

w.., will he die?

>especially since nonbenders can be just as dangerous
hmmm yes
all those dangerous nonbenders walking around with flamethrowers growing out of their arms
very dangerous indeed

>implying I'll believe a filthy bender

You're not my Avatar!

But all Avatars are benders

Yeah, bender head down to serve her superiors!

>Does that instantly render all of our grievances invalid?

Fucking yes, it actually destroy the entire movement.

Hell, with the way that his power works, there is no way that the equalists wouldn't be all destroyed in few months.

People who think that he being a water bender changes nothing are kind of delusional. It just shows that they will NEVER remove bending of the world, and that the entire movement was hopeless and just a mean for a bender to seize the power (even if he believe on his ideals).

Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

Go away Sarif

They live in a world of magic Kung fu, even the non benders could defeat 100 benders alone, with proper training. Sokka's master is an example.

The "normal" people of that world DOESN'T fight like normal people of our world.

kek

She didn't count on him wearing make-up under the mask

The average man doesn't fight like that in their world, they're much closer to us. That stuff takes time to master and most it's teachers have standards to not teach thugs, meanwhile Zhao Ping was born with magic powers that didn't require training and could kill you and your wife in a minute

kek

Not really. If anything it makes the movement more valid coming from a bender himself and not just a jealous non bender. Seizing power for himself just isn't feasible when even if he was the only bender he's armed everyone with anti bender technology. Most people are not going to come to that conclusion without proof of some other wrongdoing.

>AVATAR: If I pull that off will you die?

If I remove the mask, if I expose you as a bender will it destroy the essence of what you are?

>Amon: "It would be extremely painful."

It would be a traumatic experience to reveal what I am, an existential crisis of sorts that would be difficult to recover from.

>AVATAR: You're a big guy.

You're an important person, your reputation is large and your deeds are noteworthy.

>Amon: For you.

For you I am an important person, you are the reincarnation of the AVATAR who has been actively hunting me. Our importance to somebody, our stature, our largeness is defined by the effect we have on them. To the average person Amon is not a "big guy", but to this incarnation he is large indeed.

It would've been 10x better if Amon had been actually been telling the truth on his past.

Then how do you end the first season?

>If anything it makes the movement more valid

Not really because the movement wants to REMOVE EVERY BENDING from the world.

And it is just impossible, Amon probably would never be able to remove bending of every bender of RC. He lied to them.

>Seizing power for himself just isn't feasible when even if he was the only bender he's armed everyone with anti bender technology.

To give himself more "authority" on the matter, he lied saying that the spirits had put him in charge to change the world. This is a pretty fucking big lie, that will only cause imbalance.

Hell, when the 3 nations start to taking him seriously,and his few hundreds equalists are unable to face them, they will probably ask themselves where this talk about "chosen by spirits" went.

What RC needed was a better police force.

Just that. The complain of the council is only made of benders is also quite dumb because it is show that it was just bad luck at the time and other councils of RC had non benders, anyway, they got a non bender elected, which is still miles better solution than "equalism".

True, but come on, would you really want to be protected by a useless Water Tribe Avatar?

If only I was born two centuries into the future, a Fire Nation Avatar is the only type of Avatar I'll ever tolerate!

Korra actually acting as an Avatar and bringing back peace to the people by stopping Amon plus the corrupt shit that was going down in the government. The only reason Amon grew to such heights was because he took advantage of a tumultuous time.

Amon was a textbook populist and the reasons why they gain followers is because there's some other actual societal problems that prompt people to join the movement.

OK.

How would you written that? You gave less than an outline.

>She didn't count on him wearing make-up under the mask
nowhere in his backstory it is said his face was deformed; she only even knows that after that scene. It was jut plain stupid. And far from being the only moment.

What, do you want me to write a dissertation or something? I'm not going to write a fanfic rewriting Korra to be how I think it should be.

I'm just bringing up a pretty outstanding criticism of the show in that it had a very topical (especially even today) plot lurking beneath the show that was tossed away in favor of a straight black-and-white villain dichotomy.

>nowhere in his backstory it is said his face was deformed

Common dude, EVERYONE knew that this was supposed to be the reason for him wearing a mask.

The fact is, people were feeling unsafe about bending, even if he could not stop bending forever, he could decrease it which is already doing something at the very least.

Also, just to point out.. people wanted safety more than ending bending, that's why in the end the movement settled for electing Raiko (they actually won, basically).

>nowhere in his backstory it is said his face was deformed
"that firebender took my family from me. Then, he took my face. I've been forced to hide behind a mask ever since."

>it's a weeb ripoff of mistborn episode

Not really. Perhaps he just wanted to be anonymous. Fact is, accusing him of being a waterbender when he can just say 'no' is stupid as fuck.

thought that was After that part. Regardless, accusing without proof was stupid

Mistborn? Is it good?

bump

go home Korra you're drunk

Those three aren't the Mistborn books, though they do take place in the future of the Mistborn world.
And yes, they are fantastic. Well, the first and third ones are. Half of the second one falls victim to the "Why don't they just fucking TALK to each other?" problem, but it's worth it for the third book.

>That stuff takes time to master and most it's teachers have standards to not teach thugs, meanwhile Zhao Ping was born with magic powers that didn't require training and could kill you and your wife in a minute
The fuck are you talking about, bending takes time, no one comes out the cunt moving mountains, even Toph had to learn from somewhere . Hell we've seen random fucking pirates take on firebending soldiers and not lose.

Man, Korra is such a qt.