Full Metal Jacket

>Arnold Schwarzenegger turned down the role of Animal Mother in order to star in The Running Man (1987).

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iH5R4tgGdDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thank god some foreign faggot didn't play based animal mother

It was a win-win situation. The world is a better place because of that choice.

But it's interesting that Kubrick wanted him.

win win

I honestly would have fucking loved to see Schwarzenegger in a Kubrick movie.

ALL

I'm not sure I believe it

This guy gets it
The Running Man is better for it
Full Metal Jacket is better for it

That altercation between Joker and Animal Mother is one of the weirdest scenes in Kubrick's filmography. I like the theory that AM is supposed to represent a reborn Pvt Pyle.

youtube.com/watch?v=iH5R4tgGdDk

kubrick would have yelled at arnold until he broke down crying because he can't act and kubrick would keep making him do more takes

>Yep, Stanley Kubrick himself apparently wanted Schwarzenegger to play the character “Animal Mother” in his Vietnam epic “Full Metal Jacket.” The part would eventually go to actor Adam Baldwin. “I didn’t have time to do it” is all Arnold allows, which is likely true since “Full Metal Jacket” was released in 1987, and 85-87 was full for Arnie with “Commando,” “Raw Deal,” “Predator” and “The Running Man,” the latter two both shot in 1986 and released the following year. Verdict? What could have been, if only to simply hear stories of Kubrick and Schwarzenegger on set. It’s not too unbelievable either. Kubrick tried to get Anthony Michael Hall to star as Private Joker, but after eight months of negotiations, the deal fell through (and Hall has been kicking himself ever since). Kubrick, according to Bruce Willis in a 2010 Playboy interview, also offered him a role, but he was busy with “Moonlighting”

And Ahnuldt would've then NYARGHed the living shit outta Kubrick by ramming his fist into Stanley's stomach and breaking his goddamn spine?

Adam Baldwin is more relevant than Blacknigger today.

wow, are you retarded or what

schwarzenegger wanted the first role in all his films, that is all

>AM is supposed to represent a reborn Pvt Pyle

they are nothing alike at all

Kubrick also wanted Pink Floyd to score 2001. Thank god for compromises. Arnold would've ruined this film.

Good. Best Baldwin was born for this role. Every quip is gold and when he goes ape, it's convincing.

>Arnold would've ruined this film.
Implying there was anything in this film Arnold could have ruined.

Thank you.

are you implying he's a worse actor than the other guy?

Good, fuck Arnold

Well pilgrim not before ya EAT DA PEANUTS OUTTA MY SHEEEIT

>fuck Arnold
would if i could

All fucking Schwarzeneggers must fucking hang.

you tork da tork, but do you wark da wark?

no fuck you

goddamn kubrick was low IQ

I liked full metal jacked but too many people I met act like that movie is a documentary.
Only part I remember in the movie is the war face, the guy shooting R L gunny and then some dude shooting an m60 and one dude had a bb gun.
Kinda ok kinda meh.

Schwarzy to dialogueman of Conan and Terminator:"less text"
the guy knows his limits
that's what you learn from pushing the iron

>YOU TALK ZE TALK BUT MACHST DU VALK ZE VALK?

Did that make sense in your head before you wrote it?

>You're a cinematographer?
What did he mean by this?

>Kubrick also wanted Pink Floyd to score 2001
Are you sure about that? The story I heard was that they wanted to do the score but they never got called back, and ended up writing one of their albums around the star gate.