A documentary detailing how horrible Disney is and how they have destroyed Star Wars

A documentary detailing how horrible Disney is and how they have destroyed Star Wars
youtube.com/watch?v=2P63pM1F8h8

And here is Mark Hamill stating the truth about the evil of Disney
youtube.com/watch?v=pzxV9y1Ba7k

Do you want them to try and get the rights to X Men and DC? I hope not because they will continue to tarnish art.

>Do you want them to try and get the rights to X Men and DC?

The greedy mouse doesn't care what you think. The greedy mouse does what it wants and you the consumer WILL make them a fuckload of money for doing it.

>pop-cult space-fantasy
>art

>SHE HASN'T BEEN TO DAGOBAH FOR TRAINING
Gets me every time

they have an army of 10 to 45-year old girls and women to do that, they don't need my money.

"In the forest ... with the light saber... wait, Rey caught it?! She hasn't even been to Dagobah for training!" Hamil is fucking glorious at times.

Let's see if you back that up with actions by not giving Disney any more of your money.

I already wrote off this shit after seeing ll of their commercials as well as all the tie-in promo commercials that made it clear" STAR WARS: NOT FOR WHITE BOYS ANY MORE (unless you want your little brother to play the villian)!"

You just cannot help but to notice that Disney justifies its shit by playing the victim card and depicitng women as being held down by men while noticably not crearing the kind of OC men create and instead just hijack their way into man-created shit.

Disney is making a hard pivot in marketing the Star Wars brand. They'll say something along the lines of "We want to bring the magic of a Galaxy Far Far Away to new and diverse audiences". That's corporate for "We want to double our target demographic by making the brand appealing to girls."
Part of this pivot is the obvious inclusion and elevation of female characters (Rey, Jyn, Mandalorian Girl from Rebels, the main character from Battlefront II) and including girls in product commercials. But a less obvious part is shedding the image of Star Wars as being the domain of autistic boys fussing over the details of the universe and technology. This is done more subtly: decanonizing the EU, redefining the nature of the Force, diminishing the importance of the OT and PT, making SW games more casual, and picking "fan" spokespersons who fit a more hip and appealing image.

>shilling your garbage on Sup Forums
Fuck off.

It's just sad really. They completely killed SW hype.

TLJ trailer sits at 37 million when fucking Thor got 55 million.

>shedding the image of Star Wars as being the domain of autistic boys fussing over the details of the universe and technology. This is done more subtly: decanonizing the EU, redefining the nature of the Force, diminishing the importance of the OT and PT, making SW games more casual

The corporate lingo terminology for this is "Improving Accessibility".

Trying to attract new (casual) fans to an established franchise can be challenging, especially when you're trying to bring them to one as old and intricate as the Star Wars universe. So the solution was to make the universe 99% less intricate. Disney doesn't want their new female demographic put off by a backlog of games and books because:
A) that media is already in circulation and it's hard to make money off merchadise that's freely available in libraries and among friends
B) that much lore presents a steep learning curve to new fans.

It's not fun to be constantly corrected by "Well, Actually..." or to have your nerd cred measured based on encyclopedic knowledge of obscure facts from the Expanded Universe.
So by replacing the EU, Disney has ensured that now when a nu-fan is confronted by an obscure fact
>(the Rebel mission to steal the Death Star plans involved Kyle Katarn and Havet Storm. It took place on Toprawa. Facet Anamor was the daughter the superweapon's designer: Druth)
they just chuckle "lol, Nope, non-canon"
>(now the Rebel mission to steal the Death Star plans involved Captain Cassian, took place on Scariff, and Jyn Erso is the daughter of the superweapon's designer: Galen).
This levels the playing field. Signaling a high level of fandom today simply requires buying into the latest line of merchadise or keeping up to date on the latest trickle of hints and sneak peaks carefully released by the studio.

Many blame SJW's, but that's surface level optics. The actual executive decisions involved with this pivot were more calculating than anything the Diversity Brigade is capable of.

>A documentary

let's not lose our heads here

good post

>Many blame SJW's, but that's surface level optics.

I'm not saying SJW's are not involved, just that, ultimately, they're not in charge.

Thor was one of the best trailers in recent memory though

Why is this shit being Copy pasted? Fucking stop it.

pathetic shill, I won't watch your sponsors video
disliked and reported for advertising
sage

Because it's fact

Pathetic marvelfag detected.

>a company wants to make money
>this is bad somehow
alright

what are we in for?

Thanks Disney. This guy bitch about sjw forcing her garbage into the movie and then hypocritically inject his anti-trump garbage into it. I hope SW finally die off. Worse than Trekkie's.

holy shit

>A documentary detailing how horrible Disney is and how they have destroyed Star Wars

About halfway through. This is pretty good. A little rough, sure, but it's getting the point across.

Did you make this, OP?

>TLJ trailer sits at 37 million when fucking Thor got 55 million.

This can't be happening. This can't be happening.

t. KK

yep

One critique I'd make, even at the halfway point: tone it down with the cut-away gimicks like the baby food bit. It's supposed to be a documentary, not a Channel Awesome sketch.
The clips of Bob Iger, Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams' speak volumes. Focus on them, contrast their comments with clips of Lucas and his team. Use voiceovers as necessary to help the audience understand the difference between them.

How does simply changing everybody's name make the otherwise same story more accessible?

Here's another bit that would be worth including, since at around the 1/3rd mark, you reference the contempt Kathleen Kennedy and the Studio have for the longtime fans.

>Rey is a metaphor for Star Wars' future.
>The Millennium Falcon is a metaphor for Star Wars' past.
>Unkar Plutt (played by Simon Pegg) represents the stereotypical hardcore longtime fan of star wars. A bloated, unpleasant and petty collector of junk (trivia and toys) from the wreckage of star destroyers.
>Plutt has possession of both the Falcon and Rey, yet does nothing with either. Their potential is wasted with him.
>Along comes Finn, who sweeps Rey up into a new adventure. Together, they take the Millennium Falcon and leave Unkar Plutt behind.

That this was meant as a mocking jab at the hardcore SW fans by JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy is certain. What is less obvious is whether poor Simon Pegg, the fanboy-turned-actor, realized he was being cast as part of that joke.

I doubt this was much more than an in-joke between a few people. But it still speaks volumes about those currently at the helm of the franchise and their opinion of the longtime fans.

Why is Mark so BASED?

Good.

Fuck.

>like star wars
>Disney continues to supply me with star wars content I enjoy
>I'm supposed to care about how shady they are for some reason

Welcome to basic capitalism, Hilary shill. It's called supply and demand.

Dude. Pegg has made money off of the fanboys of Sci Fi and 80's cop/buddy movies. Even complained about the co-opting of those fan boys. But he is a tool of the corporations. He knows it. He's just there for the money.

>Disney continues to supply me with star wars content I enjoy

So you enjoy horribly done remakes that shit on SW lore and fans? Okay.

luke in the woods would have been such a great moment!
it would not have saved that shitfest, but made at least this part far more enjoyable.

hey OP you have a very similar voice to the guy from the Suspicious0bservers youtube channel

This aint bad.. make video essay

>Why is Mark so BASED?

He actually cares about the Star Wars setting and the character of Luke. He's been invested in the lore and connected to fans moreso than any of the other principal actors. So it bothers him to see those fans and that universe betrayed by Disney for the sake of profit. Not only that, but he probably feels bamboozled since he, Fisher and Ford all signed on for Episode VII *before* the Disney aquisition, then were locked into contracts.
There might be other people involved in making Star Wars today who are equally unhappy with the direction Disney is taking the franchise, but Hamill is the only one who can actually speak out without being immediately sacked and blacklisted.

>HOW DARE PLINKETT SAY THAT PARTS OF TFA WAS GOOD
I think nearly everything Star Wars other than the OT is garbage, but that doesn't mean people who aren't sellouts or plens can't feel differently for certain areas. There's a big difference between that and claiming the movie was pure art.

Abrams didn'y say that for the High Council

By pandering to brainlets like yourself that have no idea that there is an EU. You're exactly the kind of normie retard they're looking to milk cash from.

That's all that needs to be shown. They've taken Star Wars out of Star Wars to make it an SJW power fantasy of destroying whites.

And that is what makes it shit now.

Mark realizing too late that he and the original cast were just being used as disposable tools to pass off Star Wars for Disney to be able to make money infinitely. They were just use to "legitimize" the transition.

You do realize that quote was for something unrelated to Star Wars, right?

Yea because first of all, A New Hope is a good movie, so even if Episode 7 coppied it a little closely, it's still following a solid set up.

Not to mention that Rogue One is probably the most original SW movie since Episode I.

>Shitting on the lore
Disney's New Canon as a whole is ten times better as the old EU. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong with the same tired helicopter lightsabers, I will come back twice as hard with the stupidest EU shit the franchise has ever seen. This topic isn't even up for debate.

Yes I want because Fox can't make good movies about the xmen, but they fucked Star wars and only a reset can save now the franchises

it's just a funny meme guys
obviously these movies are not a "show"

thor trailer was 10/10 though so its not that big of a stretch. i hate marvel flicks but you cant hate the trailer its really well put together

Disney never loses

>new hope is a good movie

And your opinion is discarded.

because he IS luke. hamills not one of those faggy actors who just does shit for paychecks, he loves luke as a character. he had his own stories planned for luke after saving the galaxy and disney told him hes a forgotten relic that none of the new generation will remember so shut the fuck up and do what we say or we'll kill you and cgi you for the next 10 films

AYO
SO U BE SAYIN
WE WUZ
SPES TURRISTS?

shit, it's real. THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF NUWARS

Philosophy threads on /lit/ are mostly about podcasters. You're on Sup Forums and we set the bar pretty low here.

You say that but that's the industry lingo for a production

1:14:43

bitch what the fuck do you think you're doing?

They didn't pay attention at all

Oh no, not DC and the X Men! The pure artistry and integrity of those media properties would be DESTROYED once they fall under the umbrella of a different giant, soulless conglomerate than the one they're currently under!
But srsly, I'm not even sure if Disney would be interested in those properties. They would cost too much and maybe they know something we don't about the longevity of capeshit

i will never forget disney for killing the EU

If you made this video essay, OP, i'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on *why* Lucas sold to Disney.

In the video, you use clips from interviews that show how opposed he was to studios throughout his career. While you didn't include the quotes or clips, it's worth noting that prior to 2012, he stated repeatedly that he would never sell Star Wars. But you did include clips in which he appears reluctant, and later regretful, about the sale.

When Bob Iger became CEO in 2005, he did so with a strategic plan to acquire numerous IP's and companies, including Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. Iger claims George Lucas cold called him, offering to sell. But considering both Lucas' past comments and Igers aggressive acquisition campaign, that narrative appears suspect.

How did Bob Iger not only bring George Lucas to the table, but also get him to agree to a deal that would leave him without any creative control or even involvement in future projects? Lucas is a shrewd and experienced businessman, he cares about the legacy of his creation, he distrusts big studios and he is too rich to care about money. All these factors are at odds with the decision to sell to Disney.

Clearly you've watched his interviews and done your research, so maybe you can help me square this circle.

>inb4 he did it to piss off the fans.
He's faced fan criticisms and nitpicks before and never seemed to care a whole lot. That's not it.

APOLOGIZE

Iger is a bully

And Lucas no doubt knows he sold everyhing for half of what it's worth while being aware of snake Kathleen Kennedy's desire to take it over and make it about "girl power" and "diversity defeats white people"

Then refer to Lucas's "white slaver" comments.

He says in the video why you fucking retard, whats your attention 0.1 nanoseconds fucking millenial cunt

Already did, and wish I could tell him to his face how better-off things were before Disney.

muh populism

I am sorry.

got nothing to apologize for, supported him 100% all the time.

Disney's not wrong though. Ask anybody my age (18) if they really give a fuck about the original characters. We dont. We wanna see what they are gonna give Rey, Finn, and Kylo. The past is done.

To be fair nobody gave a shit about some aliens who got 20s of screentime.

All the most important characters were humans.

Don't need to I back him ever since ever, and I actually liked prequels, fuck Kathleen shes the bitch here

Is this why OT toys still destroy TFA toys in sales?

>"WE ONLY GIVE A SHIT ABOUT OURSELVES! WE DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT GREEN PEOPLE WITH SUCTION-CUP EARS OR SQUIDHEADS! WE WANT STUFF THAT REFLECTS WHO WE ARE ON OUR LEVEL SO IT'S ALL ABOUT US!"

God damn. Millenials and post-millenials are selfish to no fucking end. What made the original shit cool was it was NOT part of us. It did not have our baggage and bullshit. It was pure escapism. But blinded by your own fucking selfishness, you won't see that.

And who wants to bet there'll be something that resembles these "cool young today's heroes" using a smartphone in it?

Because no one wants to be in a store getting jumped on by some taliban-beard nu-male in a Mr. Rogers sweater on how they're committing slavery and oppression by buying a plastic black man

Darth Maul
General Grievous
Jango Fett who technically was not human even though he looked distinctively Polynesian

This will go on and on until Disney has its own Death Star orbiting earth.

Or until they ruin the franchise to where it no longer makes the money they want

People in China legitimately think that Fast and Furious is artistically superior to Star Wars

jango fett was human

Chinese love it cause they can buy the cars and show off but they can't buy xwings

>X-Men and DC
>art

I can't find any source where JJ said this quote. Interestingly enough it doesn't appear in OP's documentary either despite it going on about token diversity quotas

>start watching
>the first argument against TFA is that it's a rehash of A New Hope

>TLJ trailer sits at 37 million when fucking Thor got 55 million.

TLJ trailer was released long after Thor.

Also, it's projected for a >200mil opening weekend.

And they're right.

>tv needs a 1hr documentary to realize star wars is garbage

why

haha yes i do, and i hope they destroy that shit

>Disney's New Canon as a whole is ten times better as the old EU. Go ahead and try to prove me wrong with the same tired helicopter lightsabers, I will come back twice as hard with the stupidest EU shit the franchise has ever seen. This topic isn't even up for debate.
EU is shit but so is Disney's new lore

>decades later
>rebellion is "resistance"
>empire renamed themselves first order and somehow became MORE powerful
>"return of the jedi" until Kylo kills them all and only Luke is left again
>(because making a movie with lots of jedi would be too hard for widdle disney)
>First order armor is shiny and new
>Han solo is a smuggler again
>luke is off on some fuckall planet again
>leia is fighting a losing battle again on the same ships on a rebel planet that looks the same as 4
Nothing fucking changed

That said, the acquisition of star wars by disney is ultimately a good thing.

Because we will get a KINO Rian trilogy that will be on par if not better to the OT.

a rian what?

>here is Mark Hamill stating the truth about the evil of Disney
>Why is Mark so BASED?
>He actually cares about the Star Wars setting and the character of Luke.

It's also worth noting that Mark Hamill goes above and beyond to make sure he gives credit to George Lucas at every opportunity. He clearly respects the man and the work he's done and is grateful for the opportunities George gave him to make a career out of acting.
I think Disney would prefer to see Lucas politely fade away into obscurity, while Mark Hamill recognizes that Star Wars is lesser for his absence.

Considering how close Mark and George were, if is onto something, and Disney somehow strongarmed Lucas into selling against his will, I wonder if Hamill knows how those events played out.

>people are unironically defending the man who gave us the prequels

>He actually thinks Rian "the yes-man" Johnson will do anything other than suck the corporate cock.

>he doesn't like the prequels
are you the same moron who places 7 in front of 6 when rating the films?

This is exactly what's wrong with Star Wars and why every old fan is pissed, all you want your Star Wars to do is work on "so many levels" where you can string a cheese sandwich for Kathleen Kennedy between any stale detail as the bread and every cost cutting and money saving bit of soggy adventure as the cheese.

You are making it obvious you don't actually know anything about the new lore.

The political climate has completely and entirely shifted since the Empire vs Rebels. On the surface it looks similar thanks to the asthetics, but under the surface it couldn't be more different.

I can type out a huge dorky rant about the differences if you are curious, but it will need to wait until I'm after class

Fett was human. Maul was cool but his role was laughable. Literally nobody liked Grievous.

Prequels fucking sucked.

FaF does good in China because they recently got rich enough to buy good cars and supercars became a status symbol there.