"Villains" who actually succeeded

"Villains" who actually succeeded

Debatable

The truth will come out eventually and Ozy is underestimating mankind's naturaly inclination towards conflict. Plus, this was more of a reflection of the Cold War and there's far more issues out here right now than commies and americans like radical islam, radical leftists, fascists, ect.

But he did manage to steer humanity away from the impending apocalypse and he removed Doctor Manhattan from the equation - and he was the reason the world diverged from ours in the first place.

Whether those idiots from the Frontiersman really publish Rorschach's journal or not doesn't matter at this point. The super powers are talking again and Manhattan is gone.The world will not be destroyed.

Not because of this, anyway.

Remember, there was LESS butthurt when Ozy killed 2 million people stone dead.

Would the world have believed Rorschach's journal. He was considered a insane psychopath criminal. His journal was also incomplete it did not include all that transpired in Antarctica.

Even if Rorschach's journal is published, what can he possibly offer as proof?
Wild conspiracy theories of a deranged madman?

It would be of interest for a week, then gone.

He was actually underestimating humanity's sanity.

It is shown in the comic that Soviets and Americans agreed to peace talks BEFORE his attack on NYC.

"Bush did 9/11"-level.

>It is shown in the comic that Soviets and Americans agreed to peace talks BEFORE his attack on NYC

Sheeeeeiiiitt. Where?

But that would be SO Moore.

The real hero of watchman

>underestimating
you mean overestimating.

Even in our world, humanity wasn't retarded enough to nuk the planet, and we have been WAY closer to that. Truth is, no one wants to destroy the planet. The doomsday clock is bullshit and he believed it. That's why he was wrong.

If what Ozymandias accomplished wasn't valuable Dr. Manhattan wouldn't have killed Rorscach to preserve it.

>succeeded

The bomb was infinitely better and made infinitely more sense

then what was Comedian scared of?

Dr. Manhattan, despite his omnipotence, still had a human soul still subjected himself to mental human laws and mistakes. To Dr. Manhattan, the nuclear threat was real and what Ozy did stopped the only valid threat he recognized even if said threat was vastly inflated

As I understand it, Dr. Manhattan can see the future but is not necessarily capable of acting on that knowledge.

He could not see the future in this case his vision was blocked by Ozy

"Made more sense"

Get the fuck out, and don't come back to comics. You don't deserve them.

>The bomb was infinitely better and made infinitely more sense

>saying the movie was better

I feel bad for you and the wrath Sup Forums is going to unleash on you

Right, but Manhattan also has that other conversation with Laurie where he says "everything is preordained" and calls himself "a puppet who can see the strings."

I always took that to mean that he could see what was coming but couldn't materially deviate from that path.

The problem with the bombs in the film was it framed Manhattan for them. Even if Manhattan is the kind of guy to say there's no difference between a living body and a dead one at one point he was human and he was American, there was even a propaganda campaign with pictures of him going "We know God and he's American". Humans are petty and that kind of shit, slight as it was, could still separate them enough to get more fighting started. The "alien" makes more sense because it represents a threat from completely outside humanity and Earth. Just have to hope Ozy did a good enough job with its DNA where any kind of test wouldn't come back as Earthborn.

To be clear, I thought that

was suggesting that Dr. Manhattan's knowledge of the future gives special significance to his killing Rorschach, like "yeah I have to kill you in order to preserve something that I KNOW, like see into the future KNOW, will work."

What I'm saying is that I don't think Dr. Manhattan is capable of taking actions that drastic based on his knowledge of the future. He sees the strings and has to dance to them anyway.

>Just have to hope Ozy did a good enough job with its DNA where any kind of test wouldn't come back as Earthborn.

Veidt Enterprises most likely will take the contract to do the study and cover his tracks. also since and DNA were not that good back then.

"The truth will come out eventually"

Doubtful. The only evidence towards the truth is Rorshach's journal, and that was written by a madman, published by a newspaper known for their borderline radical conservatism. Very little people except conspiracy theorists would even believe it.

Idgaf what anyone says, I love the giant alien squid.

>outsmarted 2 kingdoms
>destroyed one of them overnight
>hacked the other kingdom's robot army
>made the rest of the kingdoms distrust each other
>gained a hidden legendary power
>killed two OP characters in row

>got rektd by a little girl
>now a mute half-cripple

"Success" is a relative term here

B-but she still accomplished her goal.

>What is Chaos? Suffering, you might say. Oppression. Deceit. But could not all these things be said of your Imperium? You hunt down the talented and the strong-willed. You break them or sacrifice them. You lie to your citizens and wage war on those who dare speak out. The inquisitors you call masters assume guilt and execute millions on a whim. And why? Why do you do this? Because you know Chaos is there but you do not know how to fight it, so you crush your own citizens for fear that they might aid the Enemy. The Imperium suffers because of Chaos. No matter how hard you fight, that will never change. Chaos exists in a state of permanent victory over you - you dance to our tune, mortal one, you butcher and torture and repress one another because the gods of the warp require you to. The Imperium is founded on Chaos. The Ruinous Powers won your war a long, long time ago.

and she will fail the next time she faces that little girl

The only advantage the Manhattan bomb had over the aliens attacks is that it required less set up. It's good for the movie that have limited length, doesn't means it's better for the comics. Personally i prefer the aliens.

2 seasons in a row, that's gotta be some kind of record.