Albert Temple, author of Gene Catlow, has passed on at age 59

furaffinity.net/journal/8120166/

Gene Catlow was a weird comic that will most likely never make any "greatest webcomics ever" lists, but it was one of the first webcomics I came across alongside Kevin and Kell and 8-Bit Theater. Going back over some page, its amazing how sincere it all is and the fact that Temple had been making this for 17 years now shows it was labor of love for himself, his friends and fans.

R.I.P. in peace.

>Announcement via furaffinity
>Kevin and Kell
>R.I.P. in peace.

A fitting legacy.

Why do all furry comics look like that?

like what? Animals?

Like shitty ripoffs of existing characters.

Because most furries don't learn basic anatomy, structure, composition, caricature, abstraction, design principles, etc. They just make a surface level copy of what they see and lack the imagination to apply anything new or unique to it.

Is this the same guy who did Kit n Kayboodle?

No thats Richard Katellis.

I know I had to look it up too because their art looks similar

Sad, I enjoyed reading the comic as a kid and one of my first exposures to furries

>Because most furries don't learn basic anatomy, structure, composition, caricature, abstraction, design principles, etc. They just make a surface level copy of what they see and lack the imagination to apply anything new or unique to it.

You can apply that to almost every web artist out there, but they get away with it because they aren't furries, amirite

Did that rabbit chick ever have the baby? I lost track of the bulk of my furry web comics years ago.

>Stan Lee eats a furry
That's gross... but well done, Stan.

Not really, but keep acting like you're "fursecuted", asshole.

Actually yes and that's exactly why they're shit too. Good eye.

Keep being a hypocrite, dick.

>work all your life as a cartoonist

>only remembered in a furaffinity journal

Interesting......... I seen him post online a few months ago.

Oh well, never knew him, cannot feel bad for every human bean who kicks the bucket.

>Being so goddamn butthurt by the acknowledgement that most artists who draw furry shit don't put in the effort that you have to call someone a hypocrite.

There's nothing hypocritical about it. It's a statement that refers to most artists. It does not make non-furries exempt from the same criticism.

The reason I even made the distinction is because we're talking about a furry artist and these issues are more apparent when you're copying nonhumans than humans. That's not even getting into how much more visible the bottom dregs of furrydom are than the absolute shittiest artists.

Get over yourself and your victim complex, for your sake.

It was mostly forgettable except for two things:
-An endlessly complicated and unnecessary supernatural plot.
-That crossover with the uber creepy Kit Kabbodle.

This is why you git gud.

Take a good long look, this is the best most of us could hope for.

When you die, who is going to mourn you? What will you be remembered for? Nobody is going to pause to remember you, know what you posted or who (you) responded to, or even care.
Perhaps some relatives will care, if you're on good terms with them.

But outside of that nobody will notice or care, nobody will mourn or press "f" in remembrance, you'll be a number to be added to a chalkboard, a statistic of little reverence. If it happened tomorrow or today it wouldn't make a difference.

For you're a bunch of numbers and words behind a screen here, that's all you'll ever be.

>inb4 idiot kids and teenagers respond with feels images of wojak and the like along with vapid comments Like" right in the feels bro :(" or "TFW this is my fear :(((((("

Oh shit, i almost read that as the creator of Kevin and Kell died

A lot of them were influenced by WB/Disney cartoons and naturally drew that way.

It doesn't matter if it's shit youre peddling as long as someone swallows it.

>implying i give a fuck
i don't prioritize this site to mourn for me

Maybe a self-insert story about you going on magical adventures with your friends and fighting those opressive nasty fur-haters is not the best way to become popular at large.

Really activates my almonds. HUH.

don't forget the part early on where he gave the furrys ghost rider penance stare

Oh man, thank god.

But RIP to Mr Temple.

Speak for yourself, my memes shall live on after I am dead.