So the eagles take orders from the moth...

So the eagles take orders from the moth? Why didn’t Gandalf just ask the moth to ask the eagles to drop the ring off in mt doom then?

Why didn't Sauron just brick up the entrance to Mt Doom?

the eagles take orders from no one

why didn't sauron use his magic to deactivate the volcano

why didn't they put the ring on a catapult and launch it into space?

why didnt sauron put the ring on Mt. DOom to make it invisible? check mate tolkien

Why didn't the mountain turn invisible?

I thought it was a baby eagle as a kid

Why didn't Frodo share the load?

Was that moth Tom Bombadil?

Why didn't the moth simply take the ring and fly into the cracks of Mt Doom?

Or at least build a fucking outpost there. Like twenty orcs there and they win.

Why didnt the Moth fly the ring into Mt Doom?

What would happen if the moth got smashed on a windshield?

What the fuck were the water horses?
Why didn't the elves (or anyone else) use cool magic like that again in the movies?
Why didn't Aragorn tell the spoopy ghosts to go to Mordor and kill everyone?

No eagle should have to bury their moth

Why didn't Galadriel simply go to Mordor and beat Sauron single-handedly again?

underrated

why didn't they just forge a stronger ring?

Why didn't Tolkien just write a different book?

why didn't bilbo just say no in the beginning and none of us would have been in this mess in the first place?

>they had to use a giant prop ring for this shot

nice

because the guy who made the rings was autistic

After reading into the back history of middle earth, it made me even more upset at how useless the Eagles were in the trilogy. Apparantly morgoth had this dragon that was was literally the size of a mountain, and the dragon ended up getting killed by eagles. If you have eagles that are capable of killing something like that then it really makes no sense as to why they didn't help destroying the ring

why didn't they just sanction mordor?

every day you have the opportunity to place guards at the entrance to Orodruin

but instead, you shitpost, again

this is what it's like to be Sauron. You're just so evil, so powerful, all the darkies from the corners of the map have joined your army, all the doritos and spaghetti is in arms reach

legit question: why (in the book at least) do they take turns keeping watch when they're travelling when it's canonically established that elves don't need sleep so legolas could have just kept watch all the time?

The water horses were thrown in by Jackson to try and make arwen look cool. In the books she wasn't even the one who saved frodo

It's because they were nearly extinct. They didn't want to risk the last of their species on a meme quest organised by a pothead wizard and his crew of manlets

I would hardly call it a meme quest. Let's say sauron got the ring back and returned to power, he would in theory be able to create more dragons and Balrog right? Or was that something only morgoth could do?

Balrogs were basically evil wizards. The wizards were angel souls placed on Middle Earth, Sauron was also one of these, and so were the Balrogs.

elves also sleep though, just in a different way or something.
one of the elves in the hobbit even fell asleep during watch i believe.

I always thought they looked more like giant sparrows

Elves need to meditate, meditation and guard duty don't mix

the moth is the key to all of this. first, gandalf shrinks frodo to smurf size. then fly the eagles to mordor far above the shooting distance of any archers. if nazgul should attack, they should at least be evenly matched. above mount doom, deploy smurf sized frodo riding the little messenger moth, fly it into the cracks of doom. chances of the moth being intercepted or even noticed are virtually nil. done.

Who was Mr. Underhill?

Why didn't Frodo just wear the ring on his cock so he'd have super penis?

I remember when this was a fresh joke 15 years ago.

>wanting your dick to disappear
then again she wouldn't notice the difference

I don't know, I was really confused at that part. Is this like in There will be blood when Classic Dano plays two characters?

>I don't sleep, I meditate
So was bullshit then

It's not my fault I couldn't make dick jokes when I was 8

>The villains downfall was his arrogance

So was Saruman a Balrog too?

Why didn't Sauron just make another ring?

how did sauron manage to pay for the maintance of keeping mt doom alive?

>a meme quest organised by a pothead wizard and his crew of manlets
I'm fucking dying here user jesus

That's the Moon Spirit you dummies. No, the Eagles don't take orders from it, but it acted as a messenger in this case.

The stronger you are the greater the pull of the ring is. Bilbo and Frodo were just midgets eating toast all day, Eagles were incarnate demigods, Gandalf was a literal divine being, you just don't want it getting into their hands because either it immediately goes back to Sauron so fuck it or you get some kind of fucking corrupted force of mad darkness under Sauron's will. The Eagles were proud, paranoid and knew the dangers involved and helped out a little but wanted none of that shit in earnest. It was only when the evil had been vanquished did they believe it safe to intervene.

Why would he? He was counting on no one actually having the willpower to resist the ring enough to drop it in.

And every time it came to it, he ended up being right. It only fell in because Gollum started fighting with Frodo over it.

TALION.

why not just put the ring in a lead box? then anyone could carry it

>blue EE screenshot
Disgusting.

that's bullshit

Why not melt metal over the ring and the bearer could just carry an unwearable cube instead?

Why didn't they just put the ring on the end of a stick

Why did Saruman build a dam?

Why not just give it a tin coat, could even wear it that way

The reason air is invisible is because its always wearing the ring.

>moth
It's a fly, you fool.

Why didn't Sauron use the thermal energy from the underground magma to power the entire Mordor?
Why didn't he even build thermal pools?

>why would he?

because frodo literally walked in and dropped the ring in there, didn't you watch the movie?

as the guy said, a brick wall would have stopped this

Gondorian economic sanctions prevented him from importing the specialized equipment to complete such an ambitious infrastructure plan.

It's not bullshit, but it's still a great shot in depicting the authority of the ring.

This one got me.

but why would he wear the ring before throwing it in the lava?

holy shit

>because frodo literally walked in and dropped the ring in there

He didn't. Did you even watch the movie? Frodo couldn't resist and the only reason it fell in was gollum being a sperg.

ok, so it would stop it being taken in there and accidentally dropped in there then. does it make a difference? dude should have blocked it up

Why does Sauron want the ring? He doesn't have any fingers...

top jej

Disproving this would be harded than one may think

why didnt they just dig until they got deep enough to lava back in the shire?

Arrogance of the villain is a trope. Yeah, he should have but he didn't expect a few hobbits to manage to somehow sneak past his vast battalions and drop the ring in.

Again, It's the same as the eagles shit. I don't even think in the books that they went inside like that, weren't they at the peak? It was probably just a better visual for a movie.

The tower is one big finger.

For you.

I've heard about this. Is it really true?
Reminds me of the crazy shit Coppola's family pulled with Dracula's special effects.

Serious question: Why is Legolas so powerful? Is there something special about him? Not even once does he seem like he's in any real dangers and he acts as if he's just fucking around not taking anything serious. If other elves are even 1/10th as skilled as Legolas then a small army of elves shouldn't have any trouble beating Sauron's combined forces? I mean I didn't see any other elves killing elephants or riding shield or defying the laws of physics but who knows.

True, if he wanted, he probably could have just shot the ring into mt. doom, he was a very skilled archer, after all

>defying the laws of physics but who knows.

Elves are weightless in Tolkien's works I believe. Its why he could run up the falling stones in the hobbit (Even though the CG was awful.

None of this explains Tom Bombadil's part in the story.

So he was just a regular elf? Why can Legolas kill 100+ orcs while other elves at Helms Deep get slaughtered?

Why not just put the ring in a bag or something

b-but, but what would air look like without it?

why?

If the ring could change size and had a will of it's own why didn't it just grow so gigantic that Sauron could see it from anywhere it was? God these movies are so dumb.

So what happens when the ring got melted

Why didn't the ring just turn into an AK47 and shoot everyone to death?

Turns out air is naturally transparent anyway.

What does the ring represent?
I get the feeling that it is supposed to be symbolic.

Absolute power, and how it corrupts absolutely.
I think your fedora's too tight.

Why didn't Sauron and his ring wraiths take the ring back from smeagol in the hundred or so years he had it and instead waited for everyone and their mother to take note it turned back up?

It was only mildly corrupting.

THERE WOULD BE NO NAZGUL IF ARWEN/GLORFINDEL DIDNT KILL THE WRAITHS IN THE RIVER.

THE ONLY REASON THEY LEVELED TO 60 AND GOT FLYING MOUNT.

IF GDALF HAD JUST GIVEN MOTH/EAGLE RING AS SOON AS FRODO OFFERED, SAURON WOULD HAVE HAD NO AIR FORCE.

kerplunk drop ring in lava. or just fly fordo there immediately, before he loves the ring, and have him throw it in with no second thought.

clearly he didnt give a shit when he first got it cuz he was so adamant about giving it to my man GDALF. it was only after long travel he become attach.

if gdalf get shit over with early there wouldve been no problem. millions of men and orc lives would have been saved.

fuck u gandalf. bitch ass

Because for some unexplained reason, he never put it on (and yet it corrupted him more than Bilbo, who used it to fuck around).

and why did the inn have nice cozy Hobbit-sized rooms available? How many Hobbit customers they had? Maybe Bilbo once like 50 years ago and that's it.
Was it just a marketing tactic the wily innkeeper though on the spot and the rooms were actually dwarf-sized?

>Smeagol straight up murders his own flesh and blood because Deagol didn't want to give the ring away

That ring drove you fucking crazy.

Why didn't Legolas just float to Mt. Doom and drop the ring in?