(Ultimates ancillary) Friday Fantastic Fourytime

Storytimed Englehart's "end of canon" arc a few weeks ago. After that was Simonson's arc. Turns out it's chocked full of H̗̦̣̜̙̝͝ͅỴ̟̲͙͉̞́P̷͖̺͇̲̲̳̝̱̮̀͝Ę̗̥͍̙͍̣̣͝R͍͖̕C̵̡̼͕̳R̙̖̪̼̝͈ÍͅŞ̴͇͓̰̰͖̠̜̣̲́Ì̢̺͓̤̻̦̞̰̗̙S̛͍̼̘͔͟.
Gonna share. Starting with some bits from Simonson's Thor & Avengers that lead into it.

Coincidentally, Ewing recommended it this week and it shares some themes with his work.

Last thread: desuarchive.org/co/thread/89997242/

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/88626231/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88705186/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88771383/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89922324/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89970205/
youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw
youtube.com/watch?v=a1AnTi1X2QM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot that judge dreed clone.

Links to the other threads?

Got called just as I posted, sorry.

Desustorage isn't working for me right now, I'll see what I can do.
I'll do one more of these sometime and include them all in future storytimes, however.

Gottem
Shaper of Worlds & his senpai:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88626231/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88705186/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/88771383/
Order/Chaos/Between:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89922324/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/89970205/

Considering doing a third storytime before the next issue of Ultinmates^2.
Young Avengers starring Ms America Chavez.

HEY AARON
WHEN YOU GONNA ADDRESS THIS SHIT

Useless trivia:
This Thug Thatcher guy is actually an old (like, 60s Lee/Kirby old) Thor antagonist.
He got released from prison in the previous issue, made straight for his old GF, and discovered she was a single mother of twins who didn't even know him (another callback to that Lee/Kirby issue; Thor wiped her memory as a "kindness").
The interesting part of all this is that they'd both aged significantly. She wasn't even recognizable; from blonde bombshell to frumpy mum. Coincdientally, a few years after this She-Hulk's comic talked about Marvel's sliding timescale and suggested that it only effects superheroes & their immediate supporting cast. Everybody else ages in real time.

...Now that I think about it, that's not so useless after all. Given what I'm storytiming.
HYPERCRISIS

I guess. More likely stress.

Thanks much

Anybody mind if I skip over some pages of these next 2 issues?
They should fit in their entirety, but at the expense of an FF issue later on. I'm keeping the core stuff either way, but it takes place midway through a not-so-relevant Avengers arc so some of it's dead weight (callback from the last few issues, setup for the next few, etc..).

nigger

rude :(

Nce tits

Is this code?
Fuck it, I'll do them. The FF issue in question is mostly payoff to an arc I'm skipping past anyway.

Oh boy, the Gay Avengers. That would be a fun thread.

Also, remember to wish Carol a happy 49th Anniversary, Ulti-Mates.

She hulk has nice tits.

>Ulti-Mate
We doin' this?
I'm totally on-board if we doin' this.
>Also, remember to wish Carol a happy 49th Anniversary
No promises. Not because I'm against it but because I didn't even know and will likely forget.

remember Lois, Clark and Jimmy Olsen all exist in MU

WE

WUZ

Furthermore it's probably worth mentioning: I haven't read YA myself, so it depends on if I find the time to. And I would only be doing the MAC-relevant bits. I figured it'd cap off the prior 2 In-Betweener threads nicely since Vengeance was her debut.
This was all BEFORE America #1 hit. That was coincidental, but still; perfect timing.

Fag avengers eh

Oh, and probably the NeverQueen's arc. Since someone requested it and I ain't fucking doing 12 issues of YA.

the faggiest

If nothing else hey I'll finally fill that gap in Loki's story for myself.

That last page is pretty important btw, I wasn't paying attention

Reading a page behind
I remember that story where Thor's hammer lost it's time magic
moral of the story: space phantoms are cunts

All a plot done by immortus.

I dig Druid.
Don't know why, exactly.

Also this is another important page, IMO.

Was that revelation from a later story? Can't remember if it was stated at the time.

Avengers forever.

Thought as much.

I've thought about reading all of Kang's comics someday since they seem to follow a clear overarching narrative. When did that stop? Forever? Dynasty? Before/after either? He feels like just another villain of the month in recent appearances.

F

jarvis is 2pure
even when brainwashed

youtube.com/watch?v=UDVtMYqUAyw

>no digital
but why

Good taste, though.

>no digital
I meant the Thor comic, sorry.

It was a split second call once I realized my first choice would be needed later, so I'm glad.
>but why
I thought these were digitals? Unless you just mean the Thor issue. In which case, don't know what happened there. My bad.

I made an active effort to get digitals for this after it caused an argument last time, so yeah that's likely on me. Please be gentle.

>I dig Druid
Boo!

>Unless you just mean the Thor issue

Forever stopped it and wrapped it up.

Modern marvel just goes full steam ahead.

Forewarning: I'm doing a bonus issue that's missing digital pages (including half of the opening splash), so will probably post the scanned version for the sake of inter-page continuity.
Although if you'd rather have the digital and don't mind 3.5 old-ass pages in the middle, ask and I'll do it. There's a lot of white in the issue, so the difference's really noticeable.

That might be precisely why, actually.
He's dealt such a shitty hand. I feel bad for him, y'know?

Then again I also dig the old stories where he's competent and respected and punches Ghost Rider in the fucking face, so maybe there's more to it than that.

Dude came back to lfe but is a villian now.

We spiderman now

Dinosaur and human shared earth kang.

I was there in the Wednesday storytime. I loved it, but the villain part's a pity. It's totally warranted, sure, but I'd read his redemption arc at the time so felt there was another way.
But hey; toss it on the growing pile of dropped Robinson plotlines. Dude should get an event sometime, JUST to use them all.

I love this page.
That's bad of me.

*90s redemption arc, I should clarify
Where he got his hair back and grew a ponytail

Blonde nebula kang looks like sue storm kang from ultimate universe.

If somebody could let me know if anybody in these 2 issues ever refers to Nebula as "queen" I'd much appreciate it.
I just got an idea. An awful idea.

KANG MAKES HIS OWN HISTORY

Since they were by the same writer ( I think?) I figured Dynasty might've been his attempt at a final chapter on Kang mythos. Continuity ends, but time doesn't.
Makes that final page even more poignant.

Technically it's not Nebula.
But you already knew that.
Wait what? Ultimate Kang is Sue?

poor dru

One thing to note it's ravonna taking nebulas name and looks.

Might as well post the last 3 pages

Yeah Sue as kang showed up to reed to show the destroyed ultimate universe of the future.

Making Reed become the maker.

Hinting sw.

It's been too long since I read the issue where the whole multi-Kang arc started; how'd this "Nebula" show up exactly? Was she meant to be 616 Nebula or an alternate timeline version? Presumably Stern was the one who kicked it off and the real Nebula was one of his characters, so I'm unsure.

Okay, lead-in over. Time for the Fantastic Four part.

I think our nebula. But kangs lover ravonna stole her look.

Thats the red head with a helment and dress.

Some context, that was briefly mentioned in the Englehart storytime.
Simonson disbanded the Avengers so that he could make his own line-up, springboarding off of the Inferno event hype-train.
Englehart wrote Sue & Reed out of the FF shortly before this, because he felt their many years of character development warranted it. Since they were free, Simonson wanted them to be on his Avengers team and was told they could be.
Then as soon as he'd written the story editorial told him they were getting moved back to FF. And with no reason to stay on it, he quit Avengers.

Basically what I'm getting at is this is the continuation of the story arc he started (and thought he'd get to finish) in Avengers.

pls delet, I'll be cutting close to the image limit as is

FU

youtube.com/watch?v=a1AnTi1X2QM