Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=00bcQiXrD44
youtube.com/watch?v=o0038R4DBlw
youtube.com/watch?v=-iHt1UQK4e4
youtube.com/watch?v=qD8wRH8wLzA
youtu.be/LAi2ehBBw7M
youtube.com/watch?v=FPTfaQu5Ju8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Loved it. The first Balthazar Getty portion has such a great atmosphere.

What do yall think was the "incident" Gary Busey wouldn't talk about?

Not as good as Blue Velvet, but better than everything else.
I rewatched it the other day, and I was surprised by how quickly it went by - I really liked it.
The best scene(s) were when 'Rammstein' was playing in the corridor.

A confused mess of a movie.

Kino af. Rewatching now

>i like david lynch movies

Masterpiece.
For anyone who "doesn't get it". Here is the best explanation possible i've found online.

youtube.com/watch?v=00bcQiXrD44

It's sadly a misunderstood film, but it's fucking genius.

That may be the 'most accurate' explanation, but this is without doubt the best explanation
youtube.com/watch?v=o0038R4DBlw

>A confused mess of a movie.
Before shitting on it, i highly suggest you to watch this youtube.com/watch?v=00bcQiXrD44

it's great
my favorite lynch movie

Also, the same goes with Lynch's latest series (Twin Peaks Season 3). Lynch uses different layers of "realities" or dimensions. The character's dimension. Our dimension (the viewer's reality), the dream world, etc...

Elaborate

>The best scene(s) were when 'Rammstein' was playing in the corridor.

Aye, respect he didn't use Du Hast either

Lynch's most atmospheric movie after Eraserhead. Love it.

Good...you're still with me.

>What do yall think was the "incident" Gary Busey wouldn't talk about?

------------------------------------------------------It's a mystery------------------------------------------------------

youtube.com/watch?v=-iHt1UQK4e4

>Elaborate
Whenever you're watching one of his films (or series). (with a few exceptions, such as Dune, Blue Velvet, Elephant Man, Wild at Heart, The Straight Story), you always have to keep in mind that Lynch's stories often switch, jump from diffrent "realities" (or dimensions) without any warnings. (which is why it often seems confusing to the viewer who's not used to his storytelling style).

His weirdest film to date is still Eraserhead imo but ever since Fire Walk With Me, Lynch's plots have generally been using different layers of realities. His latest show is the best example of this.
Sometimes, the "switch" can be very subtle so it can be very confusing for the viewer.

Prime example
youtube.com/watch?v=qD8wRH8wLzA
(look at the reflection.) Lynch uses these dimensions as plot devises.
He'll use "our" reality. And throw his fictional characters in our world.
But he also uses the character's fictional reality. And within that reality he uses the "dream" dimension. Then there's also the "god" dimension (god being the film director himself).

Think of that dimension kinda like Nolan's Inception. (which is also a metaphor on filmmaking). Only there's no expositions in David 's films. No warnings... Which can be extremely bizarre and confusing.

its in my top 10

you haven't watched it often enough

this mostly, but the parts with that actor from the little rascals who killed his wife (allegedly) are good

>COOPER: Do you believe in the soul?

>HAWK: Several.

>COOPER: More than one?

>HAWK: Blackfeet legend. Waking souls that give life to the mind and body. A dream soul that wanders.

>COOPER: Dream souls. Where do they wander?

>HAWK: Faraway places. Anywhere U.S.A. The Land of the Dead.

>COOPER: Is that where Laura is?

>HAWK: Laura’s in the ground, Agent Cooper. That’s the only thing I’m sure of.

Little bit of dialogue from S1 that is usually overlooked.

I like that the Deus Ex music is still included, rather than taking it from the actual podcast
How does the 'different dimensions' (from seeing some customers change depending on the location of the camera) actually affect anything though?
In Lynch's films, the different 'dimensions/timelines/whatever' are all pretty clear cut and are a significant part of the film. That's not the case in Twin Peaks

youtu.be/LAi2ehBBw7M

This seems like a good explanation

THIS MAGIC MOMENT

I'M DERANGED

In Lost Highway, Lynch attempts to address the WQ (woman question)

>. Our dimension (the viewer's reality),
For anyone who's confused by this. Just watch Season 3, episode 18. The last parallel dimension Cooper goes to (Along with Laura Palmer) is "our" world".
(so it's super confusing for Lynch's fictional characters). For instance, in the last 5 mins of the final episode, Cooper is confronted to Alice Tremond.

The woman who plays Alice happens to be the owner of the house in real life. (Mary Reber who's not a professional actress). Also when you look at that dimension (the gas station, hotel etc..) the references aren't fictional.

>Twin Peaks reality (original timeline)
>Twin Peaks reality (new timeline)
>Red Room/Black Lodge
>Mauve Zone/Fireman's Fortress
>Convenience Store/Dutchman's
>Audrey's "dream"
>Odessa reality
>etc.

So you think these are not clear cut from each other?

>How does the 'different dimensions' (from seeing some customers change depending on the location of the camera) actually affect anything though?
It teels you that something as changed. As simple as that. Remember, Lynch constantly uses multiple layers of realities.

This video explains it well imo
youtube.com/watch?v=FPTfaQu5Ju8

>teels
Tells

the only film ever i rewatched immediately after the first viewing

Lost Highway is sort of structured like a Mobius strip, I guess that makes it easier to rewatch.