If it was DC there would be about 8 threads about this by now

If it was DC there would be about 8 threads about this by now.

there have been 8 threads about it by now

its a tv show, no one gives a shit

Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham, Agents of Shield, and every other cape show is equally as garbage

There was.

archive shows 10

There's always a chance the second half of the season is better, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

There already have been you companywarring fucknuugget.

Judging by how bad its flopping, its a shoe in for Best costume and makeup

Legion is quite good but will probably be cancelled.

>it's cuckritics turn on show because protagonist is white who better than chinks in kung fu episode
Luke Cage and Jessica Jones is literal garbage either, but somehow LC is the highest rated marlel product ever made by cuckrtitcs. Iron Fist just shows how hypoctitical they are.

>its a tv show, no one gives a shit
I give a shit. It's still hilarious.

So why is it bad?

>critics liked these good shows but didn't like this bad show! HYPOCRITES!

>its a tv show, no one gives a shit
It's a Marvel tv show*
If this wasa new DC show there would be smug threads and tweets everywhere but this thread is the first I've seen of it whereas when BvS and SS hit the catalog was 100% RT smugposting from Marvel kids

yes, the widely acclaimed Legends of Tomorrow series

>implying Sup Forums has an anti DC bias

Other way around, m8.

>good
They liked these shows because black lead and woman lead.

it's literally just Sup Forums guys pretending to company war, next thing you know spoiler will come in to start shitposting as well

I distinctly remember days of laughing at Legend of Tomorrow Tomatometer smugposting.

It still leaks into here. Not seeing any making fun of Iron Fist anywhere else on the internet.

Every single criticism in these reviews are applicable to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.
If you liked those you'll probably like Iron Fist, unless you're obsessed with identity politics.

Apparently the main character is unlikable, and he was poorly cast and is played by an actor who sucks at martial arts; which is a problem since the entire hook is "he's the best in the world at martial arts."

And yes, some critics think it's a shame that he wasn't played by a half-Asian actor (since that's his heritage in the comics) but if you actually read the reviews instead of jumping straight to getting butthurt like Sup Forums is doing, you'd notice that the race issue isn't why it's getting bad reviews.

Why didn't they just put him in his comics costume and use a stunt double?
Reviewers are also complaining about shitty fighting scenes.

>It's Sup Forums
no, it's Sup Forums. That's why they post it on Sup Forums.

He's not part Asian in the comics, but either way it doesn't matter. The point is that the show's crappiness has nothing to do with the race issue.

Alright then.

But every marvel show except Daredevil is crap too. But it has sjw protection while Iron Fist is not

Most of the critics seem to not like it for poor pacing, a weird focus on the politics at danny's business, and a surprising lack of good kung fu in a kung fu series.

But hey, everything is a tumblr conspiracy or whatever.

>Why didn't they just put him in his comics costume and use a stunt double?

Because the Marvel Netflix shows are all obsessed with MUH REALISM so most of them refuse to use costumes.

It worked for Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, since both of them have refused to wear costumes at various points in their comics history.

But Iron Fist has always worn a costume and doesn't really work without that combination of kung fu AND superhero styles.

why does Sup Forums hate DC and love Marvel so much?

>Westernized Asians in charge of not being RAGING SJWs.

Because DC sucks and marvel doesn't

this, american chinks are the worst which is amazing because regular chinks are already subhuman

>But Iron Fist has always worn a costume and doesn't really work without that combination of kung fu AND superhero styles.

That's exactly the problem, it looks like the show has neither of those things. Instead it spends most of its time with business drama.

People can make the "the other shows were just as bad" excuse all they want but at least Luke Cage was actually out there fighting bad guys. The show didn't devote its focus to the financial problems of him running the barber shop or whatever.

Is anyone else filtering these types of threads?

Isn't it the other way around? Marvel is horrible at everything except MCU which is for normies, while DC is good at everything except latest animation and DCEU which is WB fault anyway.

Daredevil comes to mind and he wasn't even wearing the suit from the comics.

I usually don't care much for critics opinions, but I will be disappointed if the action sequences suck in this series just because they couldn't use a stunt double.

just you mcuck

You're a poopie head.

love mcdonalds

As soon as the trailer dropped we knew Iron Fist was going in the shit heap.

You sure there's enough in the heap?

Yeah, the ratings for Legion are dead even on FX.

I don't even know what you're arguing any more. Sup Forums is pro-Marvel but actually it's pro-DC and anti-Marvel, but you haven't seen any stuff on the rest of the internet bashing Iron Fist *even though* that's literally what the RT score proves is widespread?

You fucking chimp.

Because it's a D-List character on a netflix show so no one cares. It's not exactly on the scale of Batman vs Superman where expectations were high.

>muh excuses

>why does Sup Forums hate DC and love Marvel so much?

Are you from another dimension? Because this place is mostly pro-DC for better or worse.

then why does Sup Forums shit on movies like MoS and BvS while praising Civil War and Thor?

Iron Fist has always suffered from being lazily written.

He's a character created specifically to leach off David Carradine's popularity 40 years ago and partnered with a character created specifically to leach off the popularity of Blaxsploitation movies. Well, no shit, one of those is one guy who died jerking off and the other is a legitimate genre of cinema, guess which is more popular and enduring today.

But then on top of that you have "he's a billionaire" which is just the laziest fucking way of making a character independent - sure, OK, for Batman or Iron Man it kind of makes sense, they're spending a lot on gadgets and you've got to explain that somehow. Iron Fist? What's he getting bilked on, silk pajamas?

Then you have as a consequence of that a near-total lack of great stories to draw on, because turns out he was a cactus for quite some time, he's never really worked on his own, and that whole run with the Weapons just went to shit because they didn't know how to finish it.

No wonder they got stuck making a show about someone it's practically impossible to care about.

The reviewer that noted the lack of originality has a point.
This is the fourth Netflix hero who's powers are "punching mooks really hard".

The Defenders are a blind guy who punches, a skinny Kung Fu guy with punches, a chick with super-hard punches, and a black guy with tough skin and super hard punches.

This may be the most boring Super-quartet in history. Even the "new" Fantastic Four had Snikts and Penance Stares and shit.

OP here. I'm a DC fanbo but I think Civil War was better than MoS and BvS. Not Thor tho.
This thread was more about the internet-wide anti-DC circlejerk in general. I heard nothing about Iron Fist's RT rating until minutes before I posted this thread, but with DC shi it's everywhere en masse within minutes of "LOL BTFO" and "DC DOOMED", not just on Sup Forums but on other social media and discussion sites too. Unavoidable. But this has been swept under the ru, yet when what I described happens people leap in to say there is no Marvel bias.

>that's MY mom's name! We should be pals!
>I've already got a pal, chum, his name is Jimmy Olsen
>aw
>but there's always room for trust and trust is the basis of any new frienship, pal
>Alfred, get some cakes and balloons and sodey pops, we're having a party for my new super friends!

>I heard nothing about Iron Fist's RT rating until minutes before I posted this thread,
I've barely heard anything about Iron Fist in general, due to the fact that no one's seen mucn of it, but this has to be the 7th "it's fucked" thread I've seen in the last couple weeks.

DCfriends should stop overreacting like battered wives.
If this is the Iron Man 2 or Thor 2 of Netflix, it'll get more than it's share of disdain when it airs.

People just use RT to illustrate the wide lack of regard for the Kino-verse. But it's not looked down on because of it's RT rating.
It's looked down on because it's stupidly written.

>Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham, Agents of Shield, and every other cape show is equally as garbage

Gotham >>>> Flash > Legends of Tomorrow >>>>Arrow >>>>>>>>>>>Horse Manure >>>>>> Agents of S.H.I.T.

>Sup Forums
>praising thor
what alternate dimension do you live in?

Other way around, and it's because Marvel has largely produced nothing but garbage while DC has good comics.

Your image is unrelated

>blind guy who punches
Simplifying it quite a bit there

>chick with hard punches
Sort of, but there's more to it, plus her villain was mind control which is a lot different than punches

>black guy who punches
Yeah that's true

>unironically says Agents of S.H.I.T.
>expects people to believe he's not a DC fanboy

>I'vevalready got a pal, chum, his name is Jimmy Olsen

Good thing he's dead.

Believe it or not, movies can be bad no matter what company's character they're based on. They have very little to do with comics.

christ, I hope IF's suck doesn't bleed into defenders

It won't.

If anything he'll be shuffled to Season 2 of "Luke Cage".

Same. Great shakes.

marvel/netflix's desire for continuity between the different shows is slowly suffocating them.

yeah dude they all live in the same world, yeah dude they all got 'real' down to earth problems, we get it. stop being so jewish with the budget, send iron fist to k'un lun and let him do crazy kung-fu magic shit on his own. how much of a screw-up do you have to be to fuck that up?

Nice meme bro, but Sup Forums has all agreed Agents of Ward is the best now that we are in season 4.

Why didn't they just make it a kungfu show

It having shitty action is the worst thing that could have happened

Whats the cliff notes on why Iron Fist is bad? as far as i know most reviews are just for the first handful of episodes, what are the odds it hits it's stride in the second half?

everything that was wrong with luke cage's back half. set in the corporate world with a white guy instead of an asian-american.

Basically every critic included a "WOW WHY IS HE WHITE" bit.

Go look it up.

>Basically every critic included a "WOW WHY IS HE WHITE" bit.

And?

Is that the entire review?

This is the exact way Sup Forums looks at reviews, they decide beforehand the one or two statements that will invalidate an entire review and then just scream louder and louder at anyone who tries to claim that a review is more then those specific statements.

So...we're pretending vidya review is worthwhile now?

> Looks like Iron Fist got Iron Fisted

I'd prefer Netflix made a Blade series or Darkhold anthology show.

Underneath the gritty exterior, Netflix's shows are very generic.

It's not something a reviewer should even consider.

NOW EVERYBODY HERE WHO HATES Sup Forums

PUT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING HANDS UP AND FOLLOW ME

NOW EVERYBODY HERE WHO HATES Sup Forums

PUT YOUR MOTHERFUCKING HANDS UP

LOOK

LOOK

NOW WHILE HE STANDS TOUGH
NOTE THE CROSSBOARDER DIDN'T HAVE HIS HANDS UP

THIS SHITPOSTING'S GOT YOU GASSED UP
NOW WHO'S AFRAID OF THE "BIG GUY" BOARD?

ONE, TWO, THREE AND TO THE FOUR
"ONE DRONE, TWO DRONES< THREE DRONES, FOUR"
"FOUR SHILLS, THREE SHILLS, TWO SHILLS< ONE!"
"YOU A SHILL, HE"S A SHILL," NO SHILLS
NONE!

THIS GUYS AIN'T WORTH ALL THE FUSS!
I KNOW EVERYTHING HE'S GONNA SAY AGAINST US!
WE HAVE LIBS! JUST LIKE WE HAVE YOU FUCKS!
YOU SHITPOST HERE WHILE YOU SAY OUR BOARD SUCKS!
OUR BOARD DOESN'T LIKE THE SHITPOSTING, MEMES AND "KEKS" AND "KEKS"
WE HAVE GOTTEN DUNKED BY ALL OF YOU CHUMPS!

WE LOVE ALL COMICS AT THEIR CORE,
WE'RE STILL HERE SCREAMING "FUCK YOUR COMPANY WARS!"

DON'T EVER TRY TO JUDGE US, DUDE!
YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK WE'VE BEEN THROUGH!
BUT WE KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT YOU
YOUR MEMES GOT BIG BECAUSE OF KIDS IN HIGH SCHOOL!
YOUR UNDERAGE FOOT FETISH IS APPARENT
WHEN THE FUCK YOU TELLIN THAT TO YOUR FIGHTING PARENTS?
AND Sup Forums'S CULTURE DON;T BELONG HERE, EVAH
WITH ALL YOUR "JUSTS" FAKE LAUGHS, BAIT, AND BIG FELLAHS

YOU FAGS THINK YOU'RE HOT SHIT, BUT YOU SHOOK!
THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THINGS AS "HALFWAY CROOKS!"

YOU GET BANNED AND YOU'RE SCARED TO SEE
AND SAY "THEY DO IT FOR FREE."
FUCK Sup Forums

Sup Forums doesn't have an anti Marvel bias either. We have an anti current Marvel Comics bias because they're shit

It's the 6th thread I've seen, so maybe take your bias goggles off.

>Yeah, the ratings for Legion are dead even on FX.
Damn I do my part by DVR'ing it

There have been a shitload of smug threads about it. Besides, we have a plausible excuse (SJWs provably waged a campaign against it for having a white lead), but DCfags relied on delusional conspiracy theories about Disney bribing critics and Rotten Tomatoes to explain their movies' low reviews.

The shows are better than the movies at this point by now desu. Agents of SHIELD is better than most of the MCU movies. The CW shows are better than the DCEU.

They mis-spelled "Marvel's Iron Fist: The Complete Series".

So karate hobo's not going to be in the Netflix Avengers, is he?