Slott Spider-Epic Pt. 15

Prior threads here:

We are now picking up with Superior SPider-Man #10, afterward we're going to finish Avenging and then go right back to Superior.

Also I just realized I brought the wrong comic with me so I'm going to post a lower res cover to start the thread and pick up with a better image immediately afterward.

Better cover

I think I prefer Otto's first suit as opposed to his later one.

Jesus

Is Max Modell gay?

God damn, I missed SpOck.

Fuck you, Carlie. They are absolutely not "good officers" if they're willing to lie because they personally feel like it was justice. This writing is god damn embarrassing.

Yes.

Me too brah. Me too.

I really love this cover. Marcos Martin does some really nice Spidey covers.

Thanks for the storytime, OP! You make this place better.

.....you're still a monster, Spock.

Gotta admit, Ms. Marconi was persistent as fuck and got hers. Well done.

I hope SpOck will get his own book again. Then Slott can write that and someone else can write actual Sider-Man stories.

I wonder if Spock forgot that the nightclub belonged to MJ or if he was completely aware when he redirected the call.

If I understood the end of Clone Conspiracy correctly, we now have Spock back in a Peter body so we're halfway there.

Stormin Norman is back again. I'm fucking psyched

Now we're going to Yost's Avenging Spider-Man. Looks like Spock's set his sights on another potential member of his sinister six collection.

Got a serious question, I'm writing my own comic and realize that most publishers require some accompanying art/full pages before they will even look at it. I'm trying to think of all my possible options and I came up with these.

Option 1, learn to pencil and letter myself and pay someone else to ink and do cover art. I'm also going to have to act as my own editor but that shouldn't be too much of a problem because I'm more/less already dong that. Afterward, I have nothing to do with the artist.

Option 2, pay the artist/letterer for all the work they do (SUPER EXPENSIVE) and then when they're done have nothing to do with them.

Option 3, teamup with an artist and share the credit for the title. I maintain creative control over storylines ahd character development but they will be in charge of dictating how the world should look as well as influencing all major aesthetics found in the series. In this pairing, I'm more than willing to listen to story suggestions from the artist and will incorporate them if they are really good. Obviously most artists would rather be paid up front but they can get fucked if they think they can get anything afterward.

If anyone knows of other options that are available to me or if I have a very large misconception about the submission process I'd really appreciate hearing them.

What's your comic about? Hit me with the elevator pitch

Classic Superior suit is my favorite Spider-man suit.

Alright, here's my two cents as a fellow up-and-coming writer. Mind you, I'm not planning to publish my stuff just yet (I'm planning to start with a webcomic), so my experience doesn't exactly match up with yours. With that outta the way...
>Option 1, learn to pencil and letter myself and pay someone else to ink and do cover art. I'm also going to have to act as my own editor but that shouldn't be too much of a problem because I'm more/less already dong that. Afterward, I have nothing to do with the artist.
This is pretty much what I'm doing myself, writing, drawing, inking, coloring and lettering all by myself. However, I don't know how much experience you have in these fields. Have you been drawing since you were a child or is this new to you? Have you had any lettering classes? This is all important because, unless you're a natural/your style is appealing to publishers, you probably won't be able to get your story published.

>Option 2, pay the artist/letterer for all the work they do (SUPER EXPENSIVE) and then when they're done have nothing to do with them.
Not a very good idea, since the comic book industry is all about connections and making friends. These kind of work conditions aren't going to endear you to your artist and/or letterer, and you may have trouble finding future collaborators unless you're loaded.

>Option 3, teamup with an artist and share the credit for the title.
This is probably the best option if you're not very good at drawing. Comic books should always be a collaborative process and I think this way you can build bridges and make good contacts.

Even though you're not planning to make a webcomic, you should also build up a strong online presence, that way some people will know who you are and may be willing to look at your stuff (publishers) or buy it (readers).

Anyway, that's my own personal take on the whole thing, take it or leave it.

me too

Yeah, he's so fun to read about because he's just a kid in a candy store. He finally has real power, and he doesn't hesitate to use it.

Otto took the "ultimate template" proto-clone. It wasn't a Peter clone, otherwise why would Reilly offer Anna Maria to use it? Sounds to me like it'd take the shape of the mind accesing it. That means Ock could be either Spider-Man or himself again.

Thank you, OP

An individual finds themselves blessed with incredible power and I chronicle their unwilling journey to become the world's greatest supervillain (I swear there is so much more than that but I can't give anything away). It's going to be my take on the superhero genre wherein I examine many of the classic tropes and turn them on their head. I currently have it planned to run 80 issues, with every 8 issues serving as a "season". Each season can be broken into two halves of four issues, and each half can be broken into two 2 parters.

That's actually some good advice. I'll continue working on my art to see if I can improve (Im not bad but I can't consistently draw images so I'm now pushing myself to practice a couple hours each day). I'm hoping I can make a connection with an artist but I'm only going to throw the net out once I have all the scripts (first 8) finished. Otherwise I feel like I'd never leave the planning phase.

Also this image apparently has malicious code.

And Spock adds another one to his collection. I can't imagine how horrifying this must have been for them. Not saying they probably don't deserve it, but I can see each and every one of those villains holding a grudge against Spidey for the forseeable future

And now we start the final Avenging issue. Thankfully there was a followup series "Superior Team Up" That I feel was pretty stellar. It's also written by Yost

Gotta love Spock's attitude.

Spock has a weird way of showing respect.

Ha!

I hate the fact that everyone and their mother feels entitled enough to tell Spidey he crossed a line when killing fucking Massacre. Bunch of hypocrites is what they are. They should have had him kill someone less psychotic, someone that probably didn't have it coming.

Gotta admit, I didn't see this coming.

=D

What do you think he's going to do with it? Here's hoping he goes back to Peter's body. I personally don't think he would go back to sounding like an underwater walrus if given the choice.

Great to see Spock put Punisher in his place.

Spock is the king of looking sitting in chairs and looking pimp