The Zoo Crew

Any love for Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WVJo1jjExzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nyet

How would you do a modern Captain Carrot book?

It can't really be like the old one (all-ages comic with humor only adults would get) because kids don't really like funny animals anymore.

>zootopia
>gumball

But would kids buy it?

Yes.

I collected the original series.

That...that's not real.

Have Morrison write it. He's used Captain Carrot several times.

Jesus Christ Clark just calm down and talk it over with Captain Carrot.

It is, but it's in Dubai
youtube.com/watch?v=WVJo1jjExzs

I think the point was Zootopia was a monster hit movie from last year popular with kids. The funny animals formula can still work.

It can in kids movies, of course. But what I mean is kids going to the comic store aren't going to be drawn to Captain Carrot, they're going to want the other Marvel/DC characters or comics based on cartoons.

So making a new Captain Carrot book that's aimed at kids but with some adult humor like the original series wouldn't be a good idea, because only the adults would be reading it.

So the alternative would be someone with renown doing it as a more serious book.

Though there were the Jurgens Bizarro and Bat-Mite comics of DCYou, but those sold horribly.

>But what I mean is kids going to the comic store

Newsflash: Kids don't go to comic stores. The mainstream print comics industry is dying in the US. It exists solely as IP farms for bigger companies.

Kids abandoned comics years ago. If DC were smart they'd do an all-ages Captain Carrot cartoon followed by some movies and make a killing.

OK, but I'm not talking about the industry or whatever.

Kids that DO go to comic stores are there to get their favorite superheroes or comics based on cartoons, which is why they even make those comics based on cartoons.

My whole point is that making a Captain Carrot comic aimed at kids is pointless.

I haven't had shrooms in a looooong time.

i like it.

would work well as a cartoon, could make fun of superhero tropes.

NO! THERE IS NO LOVE FOR CAPTAIN ZOO AND TH EZOO CROEWq@@

Loved the original series.

Cereal Lord's mini a few years ago was weird & grimdark.

If it's not going to be like the original then why even bother? This current trend of taking cartoon characters originally made for kids and making them edgy is the reason why Slapstick and the majority of the HB comic line (barring Flinstones and FQ) is complete garbage.

I always think its weird how so many writers try to include some variation of them into their stories. I get the feeling the moment the old writers die out so will all memory of them and people will wonder why the hell is there a rabbit in these multiverse stories.

Kids don't buy any comic, no matter the subject matter.

_ ____ __ ____ ___ _____

Another obscure waifu, thanks user.

_______dumb_bunny___

Found a Showcase Presents book at a secondhand store. Haven't read it yet.

YES.

Has Alex Ross done any art of them?

>still no digital reprints

>mfw I can fap to this without wondering if I'm furry scum

Could WB start their own franchise full of furry criters?

...maybe after they're done with Lego Cinematic Universe.

ANYWAY:

storytime!

He was one of my favorite parts of Multiversety.
I could honestly read an entire series about the adventures of him and black Superman bombing around the multiverse and fighting evil.

What is that Batman supposed to be?

you ned to read about Just'a Lotta Animals.

i liked fastback first enemy: An average Possum.

rubber duck and patriotic dog.

ah, the power of teamwork, diversity and friendship.

the end.

Page 22-24 are missing