NEW PREDATOR MOVIE WILL BE A COMEDY

>It sounds like the first reactions to Shane Black's The Predator are in and they're incredibly divided. Fox reportedly starting holding test screenings of the highly-anticipated movie last week and, though people who get into these test screenings generally have to sign some form of non-disclosure agreement, some reactions have leaked online. Some fans reportedly love the new, very comedic take on the franchise, while others absolutely hate it and warn to "avoid it at all costs."
>"Just last week, test screenings began, which there have been some leaks surrounding those surfacing online, with many people saying they loved it. Took a while to get used to the fact that a Predator movie was comedic. But also there were some reports from those who were in the test audience that they hated it, to avoid it at all costs and that the movie was a heavy, far-flung departure from what was established."

movieweb.com/the-predator-movie-2018-test-screening-reviews/

Actor Edward James Olmos also talks about it:
>"I haven't seen any of it, but it's gonna be funny. The kids in the thing. Yeah, the humor. Huge. Huge. I mean I was in shock, because, you know this is a really intense franchise, and it still is. Don't get me wrong. You're gonna be inside of it. But the characters are... what he did, Shane is an incredibly gifted writer, and he's a great director, and so he ended up getting an incredible ensemble, and when I reached it they had already been filming for three months so they were a unit. So I jump in as the General and there were some moments where I just had to laugh in the scene and I couldn't be laughing in the scene. 'I'm sorry guys. Really, I'm sorry.'"

screenrant.com/shane-black-predator-funny-horror/

Does this redeem Predators?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hqVbOSEsJNo
youtube.com/watch?v=nBeG_A6m_zs
youtube.com/watch?v=k4yLPF5sM0A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> Shane Black
What else have they expected?

That's what I thought, even if he makes funny buddy cop movies, why people saw that as a fit is beyond me.

So basically it's gonna be what the Fast and the Furious sequels did to the original.

Fucking Marvel

No, I mean, he makes funny banter movies, of course predator will be comedic. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

yea this

dude, the only way this movie isnt the best thing ever is if the studio now proceeds to completely butcher it

Marvel was a mistake.

>everything must be a comedy now!

>jumanji is now a comedy
>predator is now a comedy

Surely, the comedy will be all about soldiers banter, right? They will treat the actual predator with a respect he deserves, RIGHT?!

Oh for fuck's sake, I just saw the first one earlier and now I hear this shit is gonna be quipiffied?

Is Marvel really at fault for this?

DUDE THE PREDATOR IS SUCH A WACKY CONCEPT MIND AS WELL HAVE FUN WITH IT AND BE SELF AWARE LMAO

They set a trend.

S-O-Y

you clearly know nothing about the wonderful magic that is shane black

get learnt before you speak of this again

Yes

>"I haven't seen any of it, but it's gonna be funny. The kids in the thing."
>Predator! Rated R! (Fun for the whole family!)

They've successfully trained audiences and critics to only respond to quipshit.

I SWEAR TO GOD SHANE BLACK IF THIS HAS A JIVE TALKING PRE-TEEN IM DONE WITH YOU

THAT'S NOTHING! THE XENOMORPHS IN ALIENS ARE ALSO OUT OF THIS WORLD IN THE WACKY RADAR! I MEAN, THEIR HEADS LOOK LIKE DICKS! AND THOSE FACEHUGGERS, DON'T THEY LOOK LIKE VAGINAS TO YOU? THAT LAST ALIEN MOVIE WAS SO DOUR AND BLEAK. LET'S HAVE IT TAKE PLACE IN THE 80S INSTEAD OF SPACE!

Soldier banter causing half the predator fans to hate it? I doubt it. The first three movies had plenty of that and people loved it, I'm expecting marvelesque humor where predator is gonna make a kill while keegan interrupts him with a quip causing predator to look around awkwardly and at the camera like a confused dog. He'll be the punchline of the joke throughout the entire movie.
Indirectly they are.

this looks so gay

he was in the first one, so he should know what people liked about it

Jeez, everyday I learn something new.
Predator wasnt a comedy?

Predator 2 was good

If levity is strictly to soldier banter stuff then I can get behind that. But if he's wanting turn Predator into Elmer Fudd then fuck him! I don't care how close he was to Arnold, Ventura, or Carl Weathers.

>Shane Black's Predator
>Danny McBride's Halloween
What's next?

Job Weebadoon's alien?

Adam Sandler's Cannibal Holocaust

James Gunn's The Thing

The Predator is the jive talking pre-teen, hes come to Earth to prove he is the coolest teen, by busting a nuke in some asses....

adam sandler
kevin james
David Spade
are old friends and on vacation with their annoying wives. They all want to escape for a day away from their families so they say they are going fishing
they end up on an island filled with zombies (The Fonz plays the scientist trying to cure Zombieitis)

Imagine what it must be like for a normalfag who knows nothing of weird alt-right memes. They’d have no idea why this place is so obsessed with soy

>another guaranteed flop

Holy shit, 2018 may be even worse than 2017.

John Oliver’s Terminator: Starring Stephen Colbert as the T-101, Oliver as Kyle Reese, and Lena Dunham as Sarah Connorstein

That's just awful artwork in general. What is IDW thinking?

youtube.com/watch?v=hqVbOSEsJNo
>This is pure nonsense. Doesn't prove a thing!
>I thought that you would feel that way, Gary. You'll be the last to dance off!

I would watch this and probably enjoy it.

And the flops will continue until Hollywood gets in fucking touch with audiences and stops with these godforsaken remakes and reboots which contribute nothing and disgrace good originals.
Does anyone in Hollywood have ideas? Creative vision? Artistic drive?

Fpbp. His shit is almost as bad as Joss Whedon's for fuck sake.

Joss Whedon's Suspiria

he's better than Joss Im just not sure why any studio would let either of them Direct.
I enjoyed Nice Guys but he can't direct at all and let scenes run for way longer than needed and the film had bad pacing. (it meanders all over the place and doesn't really build up to a big pay off ending)
I think Shane loves all his jokes so can't bring him self to edit anything out.

Paul Feig's Texas ChainSaw Massacre
(Kristen Wiig play's Leatherface)

They were never going to reach the peak of the original one, so they might as well make something different instead of doing an inferior copy of what the franchise was

When your movie costs 300 million $ and people in charge are former bankers and lawyers there is no place for creativity or risks.

Soon everything will be Marvel.

Ignorance.

There's a modern take on Predator out there.

Sup Forums just has to write it. Where do we start?

Judd Apatow's Robocop

>Does anyone in Hollywood have ideas? Creative vision? Artistic drive?
Creative vision and risk gives you below 50% on Rotten Tomatoes and commercial failure.

Wayans bros. The Fly.

the only comedy needed in a predator movie from the horse's mouth himself

youtube.com/watch?v=nBeG_A6m_zs

Hawkins: Billy. Billy! The other day, I was going down on my girlfriend. I said to her, "Jeez you got a big pussy. Jeez you got a big pussy." She said, "Why did you say that twice?" I said, "I didn't."
[Billy stares blankly]
Hawkins: See, 'cause of the echo.
[Hawkins walks away; after a few moments, Billy starts laughing heartily]

>implying there was anything wrong with Predators

I would watch this one desu senpai

unfunny and misogynistic as fuck. delete this.

That pose on the predator. And those hips. I sense a grill.

Jesus Christ almighty this fucking pisses me off. Why can't they just let these beloved franchises die? Why do they have to dig them up and sodomise their corpses. Nobody wants a fucking Preadator comedy movie. NOBODY.

> Why can't they just let these beloved franchises die?
You know why, money.

A team of special force ops are ordered on a rescue mission for potential survivors of a Helicopter downed over remote South American jungle. Not long after they land, the team discovers that they have been sent in under false pretenses. This deception turns out to be the least of their worries though, when they find themselves being methodically quipped by something not of this world.

>IT'S A MEEE QUIPATOR!
>It's time to makin human bacon...

Death of a franchise, a Predator comedy action with this stellar cast that looks like it's from a syfy movie.

>Soldier banter causing half the predator fans to hate it? I doubt it. The first three movies had plenty of that and people loved it, I'm expecting marvelesque humor where predator is gonna make a kill while keegan interrupts him with a quip causing predator to look around awkwardly and at the camera like a confused dog. He'll be the punchline of the joke throughout the entire movie.

What fucking sense does that make?

Ridley Scott directed alien and still fucked up 2 prequels to it

Agreed. He's like a reverse Neil Blomkamp, can write ideas but needs someone else to present them on screen.

Capitalism doesn't reward creative vision and artistic drive.

>Oliva Munn
Oh, so it was always going to suck.

Three niggers, one soyboi, one whore and a kid walk into a bar...

Shit-tier casting. These low-T fags are supposed to match Arnold, Jesse The Body, Carl Weathers, and Billy the Indian? I hope the Predators win.

I love capeshit for making this possible. Most of you love capeshit so you have 0 right to complain about the Predator franchise getting pissed on.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Almost like it's not supposed to be a carbon copy of the first movie, or something.

>predator franchise getting pissed on
>after P2, AVP 2, and The last remake with the rape o clock joke

Oh no, we wouldn't want to tarnish the reputation of the series that gave us AVP, AVP2 and Predators

Predator 2 was fucking great, pleb

>Predators
was a good film.
youtube.com/watch?v=k4yLPF5sM0A

>Turning a hyper-masculine film into a movie about fags, women, and little kids is good!
Kill yourself.

Hyper-masculinity is a stale meme

Zack Snyder's Justice League

Please don't tell people to kill themselves, consider the impact your words could have on someone who is going through a rough time

You're right, I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry, user.

Taika Waititi's Hannibal

highly anticipated???

It Is The Original Meme, Respect It.

Shhh, we're pretending Shane Black didn't make a career out of making buddy cop movies with non stop one liners years before Marvel movies existed

You think Predator rebooted by Shane Black isn't anticipated?

Wait, soy sauce is bad now? I thought it was just faggy shit like soy milk

Soy is back on the menu goys!

Low IQ troons like Chris Chan are putting soy sauce on french fires.

That's not true though. We think that having a severely crippled brain makes you trans, not soy milk consumption.

Nigga why? You should only use thicker sauces for fries, not liquids. Soy sauce should be used for marinades or stir frys

>Low IQ
They think consuming soy products will turn them into real women with real vaginas.

I don't know why I asked

who the fuck knows who shane black is or wants a new predator movie besides you fags?

Seriously do these people deliberately misinterpret memes? Nobody who lurked for more than a few days would get it unless they're mentally.... oh wait it's Dobson.

You do realise that everything after 2 is not canon to the Predatir universe right? That's like saying AvP is canon to Ridley Scots Alien movies.

Wait soy sauce has soy in it? I always just assumed it was salt and... black water?

>You should only use thicker sauces for fries
Eh?

Seems like a fun fuck though

>What is IDW thinking?
They're not.