So who's gonna end up scoring the comic rights? Dynamite or Space Goat?

So who's gonna end up scoring the comic rights? Dynamite or Space Goat?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262
youtube.com/watch?v=s1l2rjmdttA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)
youtube.com/watch?v=nWDpk9_IHpw
youtube.com/watch?v=7o-TmYd1zCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'd assume Space Goat since the Ash vs Evil Dead rights are more tied to Evil Dead 2 than Army of Darkness. That being said, the rights are better off at Dynamite since they produce better content. Also they could show us how S-Mart became Value Stop

is this show any good? I tried watching the first episode but the TV effects just turned me off.

Holy fuck yes. The show is amazing, captures the feel of the franchise perfectly. The last two episodes of Season 2 was kinda shit, but the guy who came up with that terrible idea is off the creative team, so Season 3 should have a better ending.

It's pretty great.

thanks, on another note would you guys recommend the previous Army of Darkness Comics too?

Yee. Vol 3 is kinda shite since they basically turned it into a generic cape story, but the series picks up again around Vol 4 where they go back into its horror elements

When does Season 3 start?

October of this year.

>Also they could show us how S-Mart became Value Stop
I think it's pretty clear that they're different places. After sort of shooting a customer dead (she was a deadite, I swear!) Ash would have gone on the run and S-mart probably didn't do much business after that.

they're gonna have some serious explaining to do about that ending

Okay maybe you can help me get the ending.

>Ash comes back to town and meets a highschool sweetheart.
>Turns out she is married and has a husband and kid. Finds out husband is an asshole and daughter has a thing for Pablo.
>Husband and daughter die. Highschool sweetheart is now working for Baal to make Ash go insane.
I assumed it was to get her daughter back from the dead.
>Show ends happy ending. The daughter is still dead, but the highschool is still on his arm.
Does she not care her daughter died?

It was a lot more than one person. In "Shop Till You Drop Dead" Ash literally slaughters everyone in the store. They probably ended up firing him, especially when you consider he was also known for escaping Arkham Asylum. S-Mart would have survived though, they had stores all over the country.

You were able to think that far? I was still confused why they decided to name this other love interest after the one that died in the cabin. At first I thought it was the same person. But yeah, she apparently doesn't give a shit. That or she's still alive since Ash killed Baal in the past.

I just hope the last season doesn't discourage them from using time travel again. It's a great part of the franchise, just don't use it to try and rewrite history since they clearly aren't smart enough for that. Use it for fun scenarios like Ash going back to fight deadite 1950s gangsters. Or send him to the distant future to fight deadite robots.

The season 2 finale made perfect sense when I was watching it, but now that I'm reading the synopsis in this thread...

What the fuck happened?

>The season 2 finale made perfect sense when I was watching it
are you a mage?

I'm not 30 yet.

>a season where they keep trying to go back to their original timeline where every episode is them fighting deadites in a different era.

>Made perfect sense when I was watching it.

>Ash goes back in time.

>Stops himself from finding the Necronomicon in the first place when we previously established that paradoxes are possible.

>His hand is still gone.

>Still the chosen one for some reason.

>Pablo is alive.

>His dad, sister, and Chet are still dead.

Anyone else like the show but hate the Token Female Protagonist because she's an obvious Girl Power stereotype to appease PC watchdogs? How she calls the Hispanic Bro a "vagina" all the time is seriously annoying. Even when she said it as a compliment that was just....man just punch her in her face.

stop being a vagina user

I guess I should say I tolerated the inconsistencies.

That's why it's bothering me now that I've stopped to actually think about it.

>Season finale is him at the farthest point in the timeline where the Dark Ones took over Earth.

>Traps Yog-Surath in the mirror dimension again.

>It's revealed Ash was the one that trapped them originally in the first place.

It's not a deep show, it's literally just a fun ride. And its protagonist is very masculine and fun. As a result watch it.

You could never do a protagonist like Ash in Western Animation. It would ruffle too many feathers. Also fuck that stupid recent Evil Dead remake with the Female Protagonist replacing Ash. Fuck that shit.

>time is a circle so he actually only trapped the old ones once, both at the beginning and the end of time

I really don't think that shows cares much for the PC audience. At one point Ash talks about how the only reason why he doesn't hate Asians is because they have tiny hands that are great for massages.

The ending of Season 2 shat the bed hard because the finale that the writers had been building up to all season got canned by higher-ups at the last minute and they had to scramble to figure something else out. That's why Baal coming back felt so forced.

Former showrunner Craig DiGregorio explained what was originally going to happen in this article: avclub.com/article/craig-digregorio-leaving-ash-vs-evil-dead-and-orig-247262

Basically they get out of the cabin in Episode 9 but in Episode 10, Ash celebrates at a bar afterwords by hooking up with a lonely waitress. That waitress turns out to be Kelly's mother, and their unprotected sex results in Ash being Kelly's father, and creates an alternate timeline where Ash AND Kelly were the heroes at the heart of all this shit. Craig admits it makes no sense but they wanted to have fun with time travel and spent all of Season 2 grooming Kelly as Ash's heir for that reason.

Hey, user is my powerful vagina.

Well the show is aimed at Premium Channels, so something like that gives it privileges that something like AMC would not provide. Then again Game of Thrones if for premium channels and that show is an Estrogen Bomb of women worship garbage.

>Big hype around how at the end of time the beast that the Dark Ones are afraid of will show itself.

>It's revealed it's Ash.

Fucking this. Mia was such an insufferable twat and a shitty attempt at trying to make a new age Ash. Kelly is a better Mia anyway.

Didn't Ash try to fuck Kelly when they first met?

Kelly's actually my favorite character. I really like how they made the emotional trauma she has (from, y'know, killing her own family) something she really grappled with throughout Season 2. She's a great parallel to Ash (who killed his family/friends) but the difference is that she's at a place where she can look at Ash and wonder, is this the kind of person I want to become? Is this the kind of future I want? And that's where Ruby comes in, offering another way, but Kelly's big dilemma is, does she want to do this AT ALL or does she want to fuck off by herself and leave all this shit behind while pretending it can't end the world at any moment?

She's got that whole "power grrl" thing going on but it's all just a facade to make her seem strong, kind of like how Ash is always sarcastic and sly even though he's carrying a lot of the same pain.

I also really hope that Pablo gets better characterization. He's always gushing over Ash and then getting captured or whatever. Kelly's more of a sidekick, Pablo's like a cheerleader. But since he kind of IS the book I hope he'll get a lot more magical abilities. And he built Ash's robot-hand, I wonder why his tech skill hasn't come up again? He just feels underutilized, and therefore, annoying.

Yea, but can you really blame him?

I imagine that if they DID keep the original story, the second they found out they'd bring it up and have a big gross-out laugh over it.

I'm not even sure if Ash is even attracted to Kelly like that anymore, though. I don't think he's made any advances on her since...well, the Pilot, and the second episode definitely and deliberately set up a kind of father/daughter relationship.

Can we talk about how fucking good the episode with the possessed Delta was?

The derelict destruction derby looked incredible, like Castle Dracula in the world of Mad Max.

I somehow didn't see his dad dying coming before it happened

almost jumped out my chair

Pablo isn't the book, he just has some of the books power due to deliver Ruby's children. He definitely seems to have some magical capabilities though. I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed he had some sort of sorcerer lineage. Or maybe even the Wiseman's decedent from Army Of Darkness.

Sam Raimi commitment for the Oldsmobile is a treasure. Chainsaw to the heart (engine) way to go out in style.

Dammit, I spoilersed the wrong thing.

So what was it that Ash's dad was going to tell him?

Was it that his mom was dead? Because I remember Ash saying something along the lines of "This is why mom left you", but later on his dad says something about a dead wife.

>I wouldn't be surprised if they revealed he had some sort of sorcerer lineage

His uncle was literally a brujo (and one of the coolest fucking parts of Season 1, like remember when he died and they cremated his body and the whole plot of land started going up in flames as they left?) so I'm going to be pissed if they don't throw Pablo a magical/occult bone at some point.

I'm hoping that his "experiences" transfer some kind of occult knowledge into Pablo that just makes him an expert on the Necronomicon. The group could use more smarts that aren't Ruby. The best part could be Pablo not even understanding what he understands, like identifying a Demon on sight but having no idea what else it is beyond what the book says.

>So what was it that Ash's dad was going to tell him?

If it tied into the original ending they had planned for Season 2, maybe something about the family lineage being cursed or something, anything to explain why the deadites are so drawn to Ash and why it would be possible for him to father Kelly

But as it stands, no idea. I think it's just a plant so Ash has something to figure out in Season 3.

I'm pretty sure they're drawn to him because he's the chosen one. Like, if you were trying to take over the human realm, and there was a prophesy about a human who would always thwart your attempts, I'd try to take him out first.

Is no one going to talk about how Brock Samson from Venture Bros is Ash's decedent? youtube.com/watch?v=s1l2rjmdttA

Fuck, I forgot all about Poker Night 2.

Pretty fucking cool that Ash got to be in it, though.

>You could never do a protagonist like Ash
Protagonist is a stretch. I did not think this show would rack up the kill count it has. I get that ppl die who are around Ash but that diner scene shows it only takes a couple of seconds. Really I'm starting to wonder how many ppl he has saved.

I know it's a stretch but I'm wondering if Freddy vs Jason vs Ash is still on the table. I wouldn't ask Bruce at a convention though, that fool is straight Savage. I guess Baal can be seen as a Freddy rip off seeing as he is a demon, works in a dreamscape, very sexual. But I want Ash to go up a Jason rip off. A tall Juggernaut deadite who wears a mask and can come back to life.

>I know it's a stretch but I'm wondering if Freddy vs Jason vs Ash is still on the table.

Absolutely not. I think Raimi himself shot that down a while ago. Besides, the comic book is basically everything I could have ever wanted out of it. Better to let it lie.

>But I want Ash to go up a Jason rip off. A tall Juggernaut deadite who wears a mask and can come back to life.

Now this, this I want too. One thing I love about Deadites is how unique they are and how much personality they have. It'd be a really cool move for the show to introduce one that just won't stay dead. Not sure if I'd want it TOTALLY Jason-like, though. I feel like Ash would have as many wisecracks against a silent foe.

Maybe they could do some kind of Evil Ash proxy. Their dynamic could be kind of like the hunter from Jumanji.

>I guess Baal can be seen as a Freddy rip off seeing as he is a demon, works in a dreamscape, very sexual.

Naw, Baal is an actual demonic entity that existed long before the show.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)

>But I want Ash to go up a Jason rip off. A tall Juggernaut deadite who wears a mask and can come back to life.

Well Ash did technically fight both Freddy and Jason, twice. And I like to consider the comics canon, no matter what any of you tell me, I will always consider it in my head canon. Regardless, in it they basically reveal that Jason is a deadite and that scene where the Necronomicon is seen in Freddy Goes To Hell was what eventually brought him back to life.

What I wanna see is some HP Lovecraft shit like the rest of the expanded universe does.

Reminder that the Necronomicon once wanted to have sex with Ash so bad it manifested itself into a human body and tried to marry him. youtube.com/watch?v=nWDpk9_IHpw

Did the Necronomicon need about tree fiddy

That's when Ash looked up and realize she was eight stories tall and a monster from the paleolithic era.

>I wouldn't ask Bruce at a convention though, that fool is straight Savage.

Watching Bruce at conventions is the most entertaining shit ever. 80% of it is him dodging questions and making fun of people.

Wondercon is probably the best example. youtube.com/watch?v=7o-TmYd1zCA

It depends entirely one whether you like the Evil Dead or not.

I think it was a different book that wanted to have sex with Ash.