I've watched twice now. I believe this is the greatest American film ever made

I've watched twice now. I believe this is the greatest American film ever made

rip mogie

It was mainstream garbage.
>nobody’s fault
>tragedy
>DUDE SO NEUTRAL BRO

Didn't go deep enough. The Prohibition did a better job at explaining everything.

>nobody’s fault
Not nobody's fault. Everybody's fault. Human nature. It will all happen again

it very clearly laid the blame on american administration

nah the civil war one is still the best but that was much better than the wwii burns doc

>Another child pretending he paid attention in history class

>film
top kek. Also
>a (((Ken Burns))) doc
>kino
He is Project Mockingbird personified.

Shit post

>blame
Dude it was just tragic events bro. Not falseflags N shiieeet.
>(((history)))

I honestly didn't think you were this retarded at first

I learned a lot, mainly about the period before American intervention, I had always assumed that the iconic monk self immolating had something to do with American involvement, turns out it was those damn Catholics that were to blame.
Great series, wars are easy to start but damn hard to end.

It hit literally every beat of the (((official story))) on Vietnam.

>muh vietnam syndrome
>muh Civi Man's guilt for the hippies spitting
>muh implying implications about the 'ambiguity' of America's defeat
They even perpetuated the disinfo myth about the Gulf of Tonkin beginning as a "genuine misunderstanding". Pure artificial history for public consumption at its finest.

yes but who is your Vietnam Warfu and why is it Mogie's qt sister

Civil war > Baseball > WW2 > The west > vietnam > Dust bowl > Defying the Nazis > prohibition

haven't seen the rest. anyone have other essential kenkino?

I love how they don't mention that the soul explanation to the entire war was the military industrial complex---trillions were made by the vietnam war.

I like National Parks: America's Best Idea

They best thing about history is how blowhards from both sides of the aisle get mad that it doesn't overwhelmingly support their side. Yet they still don't see the lesson in that...

they never once say there was only one reason for the war.

French wanted to hold onto colonial power.
Americans wanted to limit spread of communism and at first help the French.
Vietnamese wanted independence but turned it into a widespread communist cause that courted China.

All of it tied with the domestic politics of each actor. None of it is simple.

Prove me wrong “retard”

Rewatch the series and try to pay attention this time.

But American military will to participate is undeniably the most basic key ingredient without which the war could not have happened.

Ken Burns and Lynn Novick made a 20 hour documentary proving you wrong. You made a one word post that proves nothing.

lol I actually misread your post. I thought you said "they mention" ... not "they don't mention"

See
If you think war is anything but about money and interests, you’re the retarded one.
>muh politics
>muh tragic misunderstanding
>muh colonialism and ideology
Kys

20 hours of which you clearly didn't pay attention to.

>Eisenhower warns about the military-industrial complex
>Vietnam happens not long after

What did they mean by this?

I don't completely disagree with you but can you actually post any proof of this specifically for the vietnam war? I have always been under the impression that we lost billions on that war..

>we
Who’s we? The taxpayers, yes. The MIC, like Lockmart, no. They made tons of money. Modern wars are just manufactured by business interests to make money. Ken Burns is just another part of post war propaganda to justify and remind the American public of the official “history.”

You guys are getting too focused on the details. This movie is 18 hours of episodes of pointless loss of human life and primitive behavior, at the orders of leaders beloved by their people because they fall for their lies. It isn't supposed to be a historical document

>pointless
>primitive
Making money off the backs of US peasants by selling arms to their government is not dumb or aimless behavior.

Why don't people wake up and realize that America isn't a democracy anymore?

Does Baseball actually explain how its played or is it just history or whatever?

They did in the Vietnam era, and the impression you have that the American public is clueless or willful participants in the US government pozzing up western civilization for the past 50 years is a consequence of propganda.

Yet a sizable portion of the current American population will believe and defend anything the current president says

have you talked to most people recently? they truly think that they live in a democracy or they yell that "le drumfy made America a fascist state bwahh"

You'll certainly be able to understand the sport after a few hours, and really it's a story about men and the society that worships them.

baseball has such a weird history in America. There was a time where baseball was "America's pastime". Nowadays, American football is the most watched sport and baseball is referred to as the game of nerds

Pointless to the men dying, I mean. But I still disagree. Wars usually result in lost money. They are propelled by ego and the pursuit of power by men who don't care much for the lives of others.

As opposed to your in depth knowledge which somehow is greater than all the experts and people that actually took part in the war.

I stopped bothering to talk to people a couple years after Snowden disclosures but the reality is that the vast majority of the rank and file millenials who post apparent SJW shit on facebook are self-aware and actively engaged in the use of virtue signaling to indicate their conformity with the status quo because its essential for their job security. Its all very Orwellian. At the same time, almost every person from the general public who I have spoken to privately about the state of the republic has intimated that they realize voting is pointless and put no stock in the democratic process whatsoever.

The SJWs aren't self-aware. If they were they would realize that they are maintaining the status quo instead of fighting for tolerance. These people actually believe that they are oppressed and that their actions are good.
Meanwhile, you seem to have talked to the few people in America with more than one braincell who know the truth about the electoral college

Politics is like boy band pop. A new cohort of screamers gets roped in every cohort. Some never give it up. Shrinking percentage.

Most learn to live without it.

>the truth about the electoral college
That it's not really a college

>The SJWs aren't self-aware. If they were they would realize that they are maintaining the status quo instead of fighting for tolerance.
That is literally what I just said.

The ideological figureheads of the SJW culture may or may not be sincere, but i'm talking about the public university grads who work for salary and have 'self-scheduled hours' and accumulate work-from-home days instead of vacation and retirement benefits, which make up the base of the pyramid for social-engineering campaigns on social media. I live in a Shabbos Goy metropolis where every third person you meet is a facebook or twitter using 'progressive' with #metoo as their most recent status update. In groups they will engage in lots of vocal collective outrage and talk about the latest cause celebre trending with the tumblrites, but in my experience the plurality of people you find in those groups will acknowledge their own cynical intentions if they are speaking to a stranger 1v1.

I'm not saying they wouldn't enthusiastically participate in online character assasinations and witchhunts, just that their stated motivations for doing so on social media are being given disingenously.

Perfect 3D women don't exi-

>That is literally what I just said.
>proceeds to say the opposite.
You're saying that these people are aware that their ideology is bullshit but they still support it because they would be lynched and have their careers destroyed if they disagreed with the agenda that they're pushing.
I'm saying that these people are so brainwashed that they 100% HONESTLY believe that their cause is right. these people are like Muslim extremists, they truly believe in their cause, no matter how wrong it maybe, not because they know that saying otherwise would make the group turn on them

By its very design the worst of all tweets and blogs will always garner more clicks
clicks have a monetary value
therefore many say stupid shit just for ad revenue
So we have people getting angry at some stuff that other people don't really believe and in turn they say stupid shit which gets another reaction
its dildos all the way

That's what I learned recently too
Strange I never looked into it.

>literally defending communists

I understand what you're saying, but can I ask how many of these prototypical SJWs from social media you have actually met and spoken to personally in an a-to-b conversation? The number of evangelical true-believers I have met pales in comparison to the number of jaded officedrones who are merely impersonating one.

Some of these people I have literally known since childhood and have stayed friendly with throughout their development into a vocal advocate for social justice TM who will literally switch off all of the bullshit as soon as they are no longer in mixed company.

Its all a performance and is practiced in almost exactly the same was as Orwell's 5 -minutes of hate.

You have my vote, sir

>and babies?
>and babies

good post
we truly live in the age of doublethink

I've met a bunch of true believer SJW. The way they talk on the internet is different from IRL. On the internet it's "Guys can we please think of the blah blah blah. It's privilege to think other wise. We need to help and love each other." IRL, the way they talk and the way they move indicate they truly believe themselves to be helping. They view themselves as the Doctor Who of the world, they are the main character of their own Truman Show. Trumanposting here is just blogposting, but these people truly think they're on a tv show constantly.

Through their own dumb charisma, they attract the lesser souls. Bugmen, if you will, cowards with no sense of dignity or intellectual integrity. You're talking about the bugmen, who are able duplicitous and decietful. These people are to not be trusted.

I have talked to many people recently and they are extremely skeptical of our democracy, if it even exists, our current government, our society, our culture and even our neighborhood. It's a big fucking country, why can't people get that into their heads?

>we lost billions
no. hhhhheroin trade tho hahahaha

i was watching this on the pbs streaming app and they locked all the eps when i had 2 left

why would they do that?

He knew it was already happening.

Follow the money, you fools.
Money and power, power and money. Same shit, different day.

They lock and unlock different episodes (in sequence) each week. But desu if you have a steady job I'd encourage you to just pay for the pbs pass, especially in this political climate

Are there any Nam documentaries that talk about the South under Communist oppression? The boat people? The re-education camps?
Nam had its morally questionable moments but I believe it was a justified war. Had America not pulled its support from the South it could have been the next South Korea.

This guy pissed me the fuck off
>vietnam was literally hell
>hated being there
>complained about how awful it was constantly
>says we never should have been there
>america finally does leave vietnam
>says he thinks its a travesty that we abandoned south vietnam
>condemns the us government for leaving

seriously what the fuck did this guy even stand for?

You just know she smoked a bunch a pot & fucked every guy she met throughout the late '60s

He wanted the US to stand behind South Vietnam, but didn't want the military to be wasted trying to unify the country?

All I know is he said "gooks" a lot.

>seriously what the fuck did this guy even stand for?
sounds like pretty much all of america really

>that bit at the end of ep. 2 where they were wishing him a merry Christmas at the tv studio, but they'll never see him again

fug D:

I fucking love Prohibition, but I AM a fan of the period as well.

SO
FUCKING
CUTE

>WW2 above Vietnam
what?

>turns out it was those damn Catholics that were to blame.
What? Do you mean Kennedy?

>Dude it was just tragic events bro. Not falseflags N shiieeet.
you know, it can be both tragic, and a policy blunder right?

The background build up to Vietnam leads all the way back to the end of WW2. And the only real reason we didn't do anything then is we were war weary.

>being this retarded

No the ethnic vietnamese Catholic ruling class, they treated the buddhists like 2nd class citizens, they were educated, catholicism had nothing to do with it.