Pizza Time

What does Sup Forums think about this show? I remember renting a VHS tape of it, loved it ever since.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bXiJYcK4-GU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I grew up with the original japanese version. Seeing the US version is, to say the least disconcerting.

Really? Guess nostalgia plays a big role, I tried to watch this in Japanese but I can't break away from the gag dub.

This and Beetlejuice forever shaped my sense of humor.
And my first ships.

I used to watch this in the morning before school when I was little. Good times.

>That feeling when most of the smut of Polly is either done by one guy or commissioned by him.

I'm going to need some examples.

For science.

Name's datpizzacat, you can't miss it.

I never watched it, but I'm waiting for the inevitable ignorant janitor to delete this thread.

The dubbers didn't have the original scripts to work with, so they pretty much improvised the story.

So a silly action comedy became even sillier.

While this is true, it's important to note that the long circulating rumor that Saban could not get the scripts or that they were of bad quality is inaccurate.The studio behind Kyattou Ninden Teyandee gave Saban the okay to dub the show however Americans would find it funny, so Saban just didn't even bother with getting scripts.

Definitive proof that a good dub beats a faithful sub every day of the week.

Yea that sounds like him.

Reason Toei wasn't too happy with him is they trashed all the suits they sent over for use.

Straight up went Cobra Commander from the rumors and turned them into kids Halloween costumes.

I've got a though how much Better some shows could be going that route. KLK and Samurai Flamenco I bet would be golden.

I was literally and without exaggeration physically addicted to this show.

I got my dad to tape it for me every goddamn day... and when I sat down to watch it, I literally felt endorphins flooding my brain.

I drew stuff. A lot of it. I drew comics.

Ah, sweet days of youth...

youtube.com/watch?v=bXiJYcK4-GU

>I grew up with the original japanese version.

I bet it's boring.

>expecting the mods to know anything about the board they police

Gotta admit, it's funny how they just made up the script on the fly because there was no translation.

I remember I only saw a number of episodes because it was on at like two in the afternoon where I was, so I only got to watch it on days off from school or sick days. It was still enough for me to love it and get it stuck in my brain. Bought the DVD box set a couple years back, and I still love it.

Rumor has it that the guy singing the theme song just kept drinking before every take.

Each time he sang the theme song in the studio he was getting drunker and drunker.

They used the take he did before he passed out.

I remember the New York episode with their American counterparts who were based on Prince, Madonna, and Michael Jackson; for the domestic version the writers said Screw It with the original Japanese names and literally went with Prince, Madonna, and Michael.

Someone on /m/ was cleaning up the Discotek subs as apparently they missed out a ton of stuff.

No, it's actually very decent. A few jokes need you to know some pop culture stuff but by and large it's pretty solid.

Flamenco got a dub?

Actually no. Prince, Madonna and Michael were their Japanese names. They changed them in the dubbed version to Sundance Kid, Deedee and Cosmo respectively.

That would explain all the laughing...