Anthony Hopkins on Michael Bay:

Anthony Hopkins on Michael Bay:

>“This guy’s a genius, he really is“
>"He’s the same ilk as Oliver Stone and [Steven] Spielberg and [Martin] Scorsese. Brilliance. Savants, really, they are. He’s a savant. [The movies are] terrific. They’re created by a genius.”

Is he right?

Other urls found in this thread:

thefilmstage.com/news/spielberg-loves-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alzheimers is a terrible thing.

yes

Bay is a genius, from a certain point of view

hopkins may be a good actor but he's also an unapologetically huge pleb

Yes

Thread needs money

He's clearly obligated to say that stuff as a star of one of his movies

13 Hours and Pain & Gain are kino.

Yeah. It takes talent to make two video game models fighting each other palatable to general audiences

In the same way that Cameron is a genius by making movies with an extreme amount of mass appeal. Like if there was a world record for the movie that appealed to the highest number of people, regardless of the quality of the movie, Cameron and Bay would be easily top 2 - Cameron at number 1 because Avatar is the single most appealing piece of media ever created.

>Avatar is the single most appealing piece of media ever created.

Not because of its own merits, but because people were goaded what the fuss was all about with the ''new 3d''. If the sequels are as bland as the first movie, he might be in for a rude awakening.

Steven Spielberg Thinks Transformers 2 Might Be Michael Bay’s Best Film

>“Steven Spielberg sat next to me in a big 100 person theater at Sony today,” wrote Bay on his online forum. “There were 98 empty seats. The lights came up after we just watched my cut of Revenge of the Fallen. He turned to me and said ‘It’s awesome’ He felt this movie was better then the first – and probably my best, who knows – at this point in a movie you start to lose your objectivity. I just hope the fans like it.”

thefilmstage.com/news/spielberg-loves-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen/

Maybe not a genius but Bay's a lot more talented than people give him credit for.

Michael Bay made him wash his car while wearing a bikini

from my point of view explosions are evil

t. Ben Affleck

>DUDE I DONT LIKE BAY COS EXPLOSIONS LMAO
go back. you clearly know nothing on film

He's right. They're all savants and brilliant, but only in the ability to entertain the masses. Note that all the directors he listed are style over substance and couldn't create something to resonate with the soul to save their lives.

Pain and Gain is fucking hilarious

Michael Bay gets shit done. This is why hes a great director. He takes his budget and creates huge spectacles that bring in massive amounts of money.

You can question his artistry all you want, but he makes it happen. As a director that's the job. Not many can manage the level of circus that he can.

And on a technical level, he's great

>stars in Bay's laziest movie to date
>"He's a genius and brilliant"
If he was talking about his other movies, at least I can believe it somewhat. Transformers 5 was worst than 2.

Transformers is kino.

Michael Bay is a fantastic pleb filter. Multiple plebs in this very thread have already been filtered by him.