When will Marvel cave in and just give us what we want?

When will Marvel cave in and just give us what we want?

Other urls found in this thread:

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?92750-Thread-Drift-Will-One-More-Day-be-reversed-one-day
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When Quesadilla dies from eating a quesadilla

If it doesn't happen this year, I doubt it ever will.

I mean they gave us a Renew Your Vows ongoing so there's that
And holy shit it is so good.

It's pretty boring.

Slott was posting on CBR yesterday about how the marriage will "never ever ever" be reinstated.

According to his narrative, it's a no-go amongst the entirety of the Marvel editorial.

I dunno, I really enjoy it

I enjoyed the first run but the current ongoing should not have spent 3 issues telling the same story.

NEVER! No outrage means no paying customers!

You got a link?

community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?92750-Thread-Drift-Will-One-More-Day-be-reversed-one-day

his posts are there, starting at #5

Why does Marvel dislike their marriage?

not just editorial, it's a no-go all the up to the highest of the Marvel corporate ladder if i was reading his statements correctly.

i think it's time to just let it go now. it's been 10 years. i just hope that doesn't mean continual burying of MJ.

While it's not an unreasonable claim, Slott has a history of bullshitting us.

The reality is they won't do it until it becomes more profitable than NOTdoing it.

I don't see how they expect anyone to ever give a shit about who Peter dates from now on when they've shown how easily and remorselessly they'll throw away twenty years of marriage just because they're tired of it.

Isn't current Marvel editorial forced to eat shit and go back on everything they built in the past few years?

the way i understand it, they were trying to get rid of that marriage since day 2 but could never stick the landing. MJ as always been more popular with the fans than the company.

why it took 20 years to finally have someone say fuck it and write a horrendous story to do just that, who knows.

their sales are circling the drain right now from banging the 'make your readers mad' drum far too long.

So either when they realize it's killing their company or when Disney sells them to DC.

Hopefully the former.

It's the same cognitive dissonance that lets them operate entirely in opposition to what made hits like Spider-Man happen in the first place.

>Spider-Man's appeal is his humanity; he isn't high concept, he isn't symbolic, he grows and changes.
>Marvel tries to distill an "iconic" Peter Parker and keep him static and indefinite.

>Peter was a big risk that paid off because his faults and unique situations made him endearing.
>Marvel rarely risks new characters, and even their legacy characters hide behind skin color, sex, and flawlessness (which makes them boring).

i think they'll bring Peter and MJ back together soon as part of their "reboot". but they won't be married again.

Nobody wanted to habe the reputation Joey Q does. DeMatteis and DeFalco barely made it out of the Clone Saga alive, you know.

At this point, I'd be fine with that.