How about a "creepy comics" thread? Seen anything worth reading lately?

How about a "creepy comics" thread? Seen anything worth reading lately?

Other urls found in this thread:

emcarroll.com/comics/skin/
thehairsonthebackofyourneck.tumblr.com/
studygroupcomics.com/main/category/genres/halloween-haunting/
studygroupcomics.com/main/flash-forward-by-sean-t-collins-and-jonny-negron/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Through-the-Woods/Full?id=78900#198
youtube.com/watch?v=9Fteka44kbY&t=696s
tapastic.com/series/Silent-Horro
tapastic.com/series/silenthorrorz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wytches

I've discovered some animated mini sketches a while ago. Not exactly Sup Forums material, but I think they are worth sharing.

>one panel comic
>animated

If it's not Sup Forums then what is?

>Tree with leaves that look like ladies hands

Aw shit, I didn't realize Emily put continuity in her comics.

emcarroll.com/comics/skin/

Anyway, that artists has loads of this stuff. I really like this kind of art that doesn't necessary scare people, but has that mildly creepy atmosphere.

is this all?
it can't be all

That's all. It's ambiguous what exactly came back from the woods.

Best horror is implication

" The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door..."

Who's the artist?

Well the horror of this story is :
"There is my brother, even though I killed him a few days ago"
I expected more because there was this deepening of the lore and the characters after that premise has been reveald after the first panel, but it ended on a mystery that can be written as:
"I killed my brother, yet he lives, I look up his grave, his original corpse lives"
cool
great
instead of answering or making the first premise scarier it just adds another magical trick to the dead brother. It's kinda hard to explain but it feels forced. Like the author thought "oh how can I top this off and make this supa scary"
Like fuck, yeah his brother is alive I get that, cool thing. The fact that his original corpse is alive too doesnt add anything to the premise, it just made me think " oh so his brother was really killed but now he is actually alive again! wait, thats the exact same implication the first panel had"

This guy, he has some neat stuff

Sorry, forgot the link thehairsonthebackofyourneck.tumblr.com/

Study Group has a collection of horror genre comics of varying quality.
studygroupcomics.com/main/category/genres/halloween-haunting/

This one has a twist ending: studygroupcomics.com/main/flash-forward-by-sean-t-collins-and-jonny-negron/

Thanks, user! Looks intriguing

Re-reading Demon Bear saga right now. The tone switch between issue 17 and the start of Sienkiewicz's run is so stark it's untentionally really unsettling

>plump young wife
his brother must browse Sup Forums

Have heard a lot about "Stand still stay Silent". has anybody read it, is it any good?

>" The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a lock on the door..."
FTFY

That's just kind of funny. Like this weird stretchy guy just keeps bugging him on his way to work.

I would really like to see more of this stuff anyway. I've seen a whole series of creepy animated webcomics like this one around a year ago. Have been looking for it ever since but with no luck...

Kind've like these things

Nice art. Story is ok i guess, if a bit slow.

I KEEP LOOKING FOR HIM! I cant see anything!

One of them is not the brother but a monster that took shape of his brother. A doppleganger. We assume that the one that has returned is the monster, because he acts strange and his coat is fine. however in the end it is revealed that the original monster/doppleganger was in the hole all this time.

I liked a demonic horror comic storytimed here some weeks or months ago, but all I can remember is, without spoiling:
- set at end of United States civil war
- a preacher with a large dog named beast, I think
- preacher and "dog" had some demonic codependence
- preacher came to a town named something like Promise and convinced the gullible townsfolk they were in danger from the devil, and contrived to keep town isolated
- a native american, I think, was protagonist
- Originally French scanlated to English

Similar creepy comics, some storytimed here:

- BLAST is well known
- Rachel Rising
- comic about simple rural family (in France?) set about a hundred years ago, whose daughter had a singular medical condition, try to get help from corrupt doctors. Macabre ending.
- not really creepy or horror: Undertaker by Dorison et Meyer (pic related)

I know it's implied he fell in or was eaten but am I missing any details that show how?

It's also implied the furnace is evil, so maybe it compelled him or came alive enough to eat him

yeah, poster here. I thought, like the rest of his stuff, there would be a flash of him somewhere, like in the flames...

source?

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Through-the-Woods/Full?id=78900#198
Skip to the "Conclusion" Chapter

Does anyone have scans of the two Thomas Ligotti graphic novels? The first one got me into him as a reader, for which I'm very grateful, and I'd love to give them another read.

Looks neat, do you have source for the first one?

I like the style quite a fucking lot. i've always thought animated comics are a bit gimmicky, though--but these are all-fucking-right!
For all the ple-sorry, people who missed out on it first time around, Al Columbia's creepy Fleischer/Lynch/Burroughs indebted horror palimpsest Pim & Francie: Golden Bear Days recently got a second printing
>inb4 pic related isn't in Golden Bear Days, it's something I pulled off the Al Columbia Fans FB page

Negatory. The stories that they use for the graphic novels are adapted in a lot of places, but they're still great stuff. If you can, get a hold of the original stories.

Can you buy his books cheaply? Last I looked very little of his stuff wasn't being sold for crazy money. I'd fucking love to read some of his work, he's supposed to absolutely brilliant and disturbing as hell. Like, literally Hell.

I have been looking for one particular comics for ages. Found it like an hour ago. Isn't this art style absolutely amazing?

Yeah man that's really nice

I somehow got Nightmare Factory at a Half Price Books a few years ago. First edition and everything. It's been read several times and the pages are yellowing, but it's still in very good condition. If I keep it safe, I may be able to sell it for a really good price. Bought it for five bucks.

And his stories are amazing. There's something malignant and dead at the heart of all of his stories. Somehow completely disconnected and divorced with reality and intimately connected to reality in horrific ways.

Give this a listen some time: youtube.com/watch?v=9Fteka44kbY&t=696s

Holy shit what a fucking score! Gawd don't sell that shit (unless it comes back into print, I guess) user! Nah, your prerogative man but I'd keep that book close to me!

Oh whoa thanks for the link nice one mate!

Oh, and I probably should mention, most of his stuff has been reprinted and pretty cheap on Amazon.

Tut, you could've lead with that. You cunt. I'm just kidding (obviously), nice one for that user,I wasn't aware about the reprints, really appreciate the info. Cheers!

i dont get the twist. can someone explain
it turned its head and had been down there for weeks. the creature in the pit isn't his brother

Cheers!

God what the fuck's happened to Jonny Negron's linework?! I thought Granddaddy Purple Erotic Gameshow from Thickness #1 was great but some of Flash Forward is bad-webcomic-tier (I know this is a webcomic but Studygroup put out a print mag too).

Silent Horror
tapastic.com/series/Silent-Horro
(fair warning: some episodes are NSFW)

Hmm, and also Silent Horror Z
tapastic.com/series/silenthorrorz
(also some NSFW)

Yeah, I've seen it. A lot of people seem to be into it, but I just don't know why. The comic is unique, I'll give it that, but it gets a little repetitive in terms of plot and art style. Maybe it's just how I see it... (No offense)

Went through it. It would work well as a fetishy newspaper strip comic, but nothing to write home about. I think I've seen most of those twists in other works before, too. The non-supernatural ones work a lot better, though.

>Stockholm is wiped off the map

Thought this was a horror comic thread